Football Multi Year APR 958 | Syracusefan.com

Football Multi Year APR 958

The big news there, IMHO, is the hire of Joe Giansante. He has had a checked career, mostly working for Oregon. Replaced much loved Oregon play by play guy Jerry Allen last year. I guess it didn't work out that well.

Definitely has good form on his cannon balls. Hates Beth Mowins.

I wonder if he has aspirations to do on the air work for Syracuse?

Hey Tom, seems like in the last few years our AD has added a number of auxiliary personel, without truly replacing anyone? Is Mr. Giansante taking someones job, or was our AD just horribly undermanned in comparison to equal sized schools around the country? Also, it seems as if we are bringing in a lot of individuals whose expertise is in marketing and branding... perhaps, a continuation of TGD's dream and a foreshadowing of the future mission of Syracuse to be NY's College Team, and/or a condemnation on the job of Lael Gross thus far?? It would be fascinating to be a fly on the wall during a strategy meeting, looking 5-10 years down the road.

The big news there, IMHO, is the hire of Joe Giansante. He has had a checked career, mostly working for Oregon. Replaced much loved Oregon play by play guy Jerry Allen last year. I guess it didn't work out that well.

Definitely has good form on his cannon balls. Hates Beth Mowins.

I wonder if he has aspirations to do on the air work for Syracuse?

We then have a couple of former Oregon Ducks in the athletic dept. Renee Baumgartner , a USC grad, and this fellow Giansante. Baumgartner, a former golfer at USC, was responsible for cheerleading being added as a varsity sport at Oregon. I don't know the latest status but I know that cheerleading was seriously looked at being added as a new NCAA sport. Makes me wonder if that's why we've got so many cheerleaders and if it could be a numbers strategy for Title IX and a factor whether SU is contemplating adding any new mens' teams once in the ACC. Just wondering.

By the way Jerry Allen didn't really seem too happy with that guy's antics. If he tried that here - he could be a dead duck soon.

Hey Tom, seems like in the last few years our AD has added a number of auxiliary personel, without truly replacing anyone? Is Mr. Giansante taking someones job, or was our AD just horribly undermanned in comparison to equal sized schools around the country? Also, it seems as if we are bringing in a lot of individuals whose expertise is in marketing and branding... perhaps, a continuation of TGD's dream and a foreshadowing of the future mission of Syracuse to be NY's College Team, and/or a condemnation on the job of Lael Gross thus far?? It would be fascinating to be a fly on the wall during a strategy meeting, looking 5-10 years down the road.

I think he is essentially replacing Roger Springfield. Seems to be doing similar things to what Roger did...though I believe they changed the area of concentration quite a bit.

Job Ad