Football Ticket Pricing for '21 | Syracusefan.com

Football Ticket Pricing for '21

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I'm making contacts with a few of the road game ticket offices for this year's away tailgates...I came across this seating chart. Louisville has about 11K more seats to sell too. BTW, those purple seats in the upper deck are atrocious. I still think Maryland's are the worst upper deck add on seats.

I don't want to hear about complaints of ticket pricing. SU is a pretty darn good deal.

Cardinal_Stadium_Map.png

Last edited:
I'm making contacts with a few of the road game ticket offices for this year's away tailgates...I came across this seating chart. Louisville has about 11K more seats to sell too. BTW, those purple seats in the upper deck are atrocious. I still think Maryland's are the worst upper deck add on seats.

I don't want to hear about complaints of ticket pricing. SU is a pretty darn good deal.

Cardinal_Stadium_Map.png

Anyone who complains about Syracuse’s season ticket prices are not in touch with the real world

Its also why they have to be careful of what they charge.. you could raise them $100 across the board and still be great value compared to programs all over the country but there is a wall here that if you cross it you may lose 50% of the people..
They'll go up next year for sure... I'm thinking SU goes up $50 next year

ticket pricing is a finical thing. years ago down here we had ticket prices like $6 a game, much like the cost of a movie.. We sold out season tickets. now we are more like $30 a game, seasons have dropped to like 60% and movies are closer to $10-15 now.

people look at value. Once you cross the line people drop seasons and go to one offs pretty fast in a world where everyone expects every game on TV..

If you are not gonna win and create demand you better have pricing that helps and a game experience to boot.

When Football tickets were $6 that was in the early 70s. Movies were closer to $2.

When Football tickets were $6 that was in the early 70s. Movies were closer to $2.
This ticket was from 1968.

I started going circa 1973. My memory is that they were either $6 or $8 then.

book_600_Row-One-Brand_1968-syracuse-navy-college-football-ticket-stub-art-poster-vintage-canvas-metal-tickets-row-1.png

They'll go up next year for sure... I'm thinking SU goes up $50 next year
Notre Dame on the home schedule might drive things significantly higher. SHould have bumped prices a little this year for going from six to seven games.

This ticket was from 1968.

I started going circa 1973. My memory is that they were either $6 or $8 then.

book_600_Row-One-Brand_1968-syracuse-navy-college-football-ticket-stub-art-poster-vintage-canvas-metal-tickets-row-1.png
I was at that game! Friggin cold day, blustery and around 40...no rain though. Sat on concrete with no pad...just sucked your body heat out

Tops it was $8 in 1973. Maybe someone here can confirm

I was at that game! Friggin cold day, blustery and around 40...no rain though. Sat on concrete with no pad...just sucked your body heat out

Tops it was $8 in 1973. Maybe someone here can confirm
Syracuse vs Penn State, Ben's last season, price was $6.50. This looks like a good seat. They might have been cheaper for students and bleachers.

s-l1600.jpg

I was talking hockey which was early 90s.. never went to a $2 movie.. Mark must be older than I realized..

Cuse football is objectively a great value regardless of how good we are because of the talent that comes into the dome every year. I’ve seen DeShaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, Trevor Lawrence, Jamies Winston, so many to QBs play in person. Not to mention stars at the other 21 positions.

Notre Dame on the home schedule might drive things significantly higher. SHould have bumped prices a little this year for going from six to seven games.
with a bunch of people rolling over there paid 2020 tickets is probably why they didnt along with the 1-10 record

Or people who think that the traffic around the Dome on gameday is somehow unique. It's the same everywhere on Planet Earth whenever you have tens of thousands of people in one place.

lol exactly, I always find the traffic around the dome after a game to be very minimal compared to many other stadiums/venues I’ve been too. Especially for being in a “heavy” metro area.