Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
711-cropped.jpg

Welcome to Free Slurpee Day!

Every summer thousands of 7-Eleven stores around the country celebrate their birthday by hosting Free Slurpee Day, where customers can come in and get a Slurpee for free.

It's become a summer tradition for families to head on over to their local 7-Eleven convenience store and pick up a free icy sweet Slurpee to cool down in the heat of the summer.

What Day Is Free Slurpee Day 2016?
This year the free Slurpee day falls on Monday, July 11th, 2016. Free Slurpee Day is always on July 11 because the month and day abbreviation is 7-11.

What Time is Free Slurpee Day?
You can get your free Slurpee by stopping into a participating 7-Eleven locations from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time.

SU News

wildhackfamily1.jpg

What John Wildhack's hiring could mean for Syracuse: 6 experts weigh in (DO; Gutierrez)

Days after Syracuse named John Wildhack as its new director of athletics, The Daily Orange spoke with six sports business experts about what the former ESPN executive could mean for the university, Atlantic Coast Conference and related media. Wildhack replaces Mark Coyle, who left Syracuse in May to become Minnesota’s director of athletics.

The Daily Orange spoke with the six experts featured below. These are excerpts from the conversations.

meet-the-experts2.jpg

Clare Ramirez | Presentation Director

The Daily Orange: Any first reactions to the Wildhack hire?

Robert Malekoff (North Carolina): Wow, here’s somebody who would be great about the proposed ACC Network. He’s a phenomenal resource for the conference. If I’m an AD in an ACC office, I’m thinking what could this guy do for us to collectively strengthen our brand? From that perspective, it’s a pretty interesting hire.

Get To Know Your Orange Man - No. 59 OL Aaron Roberts (TNIAAM; Ceva)

Name: Aaron Roberts
Position: Offensive Guard
Year: (Redshirt) Sophomore
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 300
Hometown: Chicago, Ill.
High School: De La Salle Institute
2015 Stats: Aaron played in three games as a reserve guard last year, seeing action on 34 snaps and recording three blocks.
2016 Projections: He is listed as the
Syracuse Orange's starting left guard on the post-spring depth chart.
How'd He Get Here?: Aaron turned down offers from Illinois, Ball State and New Mexico to attend the University of Syracuse. He then made a last-minute decision to instead spend his college career at Syracuse University.
What'd Recruiting Sites Say?: Aaron received three stars from Rivals, ESPN, and 24/7 Sports.
Money Quote:
"I think that's what makes everyone stronger, knowing we've all been through hard times but we're here grinding together. That's what really makes a team special."
Links of Wonder: Aaron
didn't start playing football until his freshman year of high school and quickly grew into a great run blocker.
Twitterfeed:
@D1_Roberts

Other

-f93d34cacda62e7e.JPG

Chatty Trey Anastasio leads playful Phish debut at Lakeview Amphitheater (review) (PS; Tulloch)

Phish played to one of the Lakeview Amphitheater's biggest crowds ever on Sunday night. Security estimated between 19,000 to 20,000 people attended, well over capacity.

Apart from their music, the iconic jam band is known for keeping hundreds of musical and cultural traditions alive at their shows. There's an overwhelming buzz of activity happening at any given Phish concert.

Phans create their own ecosystem, from selling and buying each other's food, to helping each other register to vote. They also take care of each other, whether they're shielding smokers from security guards, or tricking ushers into letting extra people in the pavilion.

This isn't a traditional review and recap of the night, because Phish isn't anything like a traditional band. Instead, here's a play-by-play of memorable moments, presented both by Phish and their fans.

4:35 p.m. — "Cosmic Charlie," a staple at every Phish show, blasts music by The Grateful Dead and pushes his colorful cart by to pick up recyclables. His cart reads, "Keep the scene cool and clean." He nods and poses for a Snapchat photo.

5:28 p.m. — A kid, maybe 10, approaches wearing a sign offering free high fives. I take him up that.

5:45 p.m. — Another kid, maybe 20, offers passers-by a cup of "the best lemonade in the world, just check the Yelp reviews." I do not take him up on that.

Last edited:
Okay Tom why did you show this lousy game :)
Sorry Deano. I just find links to new SU-related stuff, be it good or bad...

^^^I really like how things worked out for Emerich...has quietly established himself as a team leader and fought to keep himself starting to now being on the Rimington watch list... never heard a bad thing about this kid...consistent, hard working and quietly just takes care of his business...a positive Syracuse story...nice to see him rewarded by the invite to Media day.