Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
baconloversday.jpg
Welcome to National Bacon Lover's Day!

National Bacon Lover's Day is dedicated to the popular treat cut from the meat of a pig. In the United States, bacon refers to meat from the belly of the pig, known as the pork belly. Bacon from the loin is called Canadian bacon. To make bacon, the pork is cured using salt, and is then dried, boiled, or smoked. The smoking of bacon is often done with hickory, mesquite, or maple wood, and flavors such as brown sugar or maple may be added. More often than not, bacon is pan fried, and it is popular as a breakfast food, in sandwiches like the BLT or club sandwich, as a complement to salads, and in wrapping other foods. "Bacon mania" has swept the United States and Canada since the late 1990's, where there has been a great increase in the amount of bacon being eaten, and in the amount of new bacon recipes. The high sodium and nitrate content of bacon that lower its health benefits has not seemed to much slow down the bacon craze.

SU News

VIDEO: Stephen A. Smith Gave Rivetingly Motivational Speech to Syracuse Football (thebiglead.com; video)

Stephen A. Smith gave a speech to Syracuse Football, and the snippet they shared of it will make anyone who watches it want to attack this week and find ways to maximize their potential...

Syracuse football player Devon Clarke on playing football again

Syracuse football player Devon Clarke on playing football again after clearing some hurdles.

Syracuse Football: Moe Neal aspires to be the next LaDainian Tomlinson (itlh.com; Esden Jr)

Syracuse football running back Moe Neal has high aspirations for himself. Here’s why he wants to be the next LaDainian Tomlinson.

The Syracuse football program is synonymous with the legacy of No. 44. Syracuse and running backs go together like salt and pepper.

Although that hasn’t been the case over the last several years, Junior running back Moe Neal is hoping to change that narrative. The speedster from Gastonia, North Carolina is entering his third campaign in Orange.

Neal was one of Dino Babers first recruits upon arriving on the hill. On paper, Neal is a perfect scheme fit in what Babers likes to do with his ‘Orange is the New Fast’ offense. A scat back at (5-foot-11 and 169 pounds), that can just do so many different things.
Which sounds a lot like another player that just saw his name enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame: LaDainian Tomlinson. LT played in the NFL for 11 years and entered the Hall of Fame in 2017.

LT dazzled fans with the ‘then’ San Diego Chargers and a few years with the New York Jets, during that time Neal became infatuated with his running style and wears No. 21 in honor of the legend from TCU:

“LaDainian Tomlinson. He’s the reason I wear No. 21. The way he played the game and always seemingly doing things the right way. LT is a great running back and he was super aggressive. He’s definitely a guy I watch tape on all the time and add things from his game to mine.”

Syracuse Football: ‘The Quest for 6’ (2nd quarter breakdown) (itlh.com; Esden Jr)

Can the Syracuse football accomplish the quest to six? Our Paul A. Esden Sr. continues his quarterly breakdown of the schedule.

The past several articles I have broken down what the Syracuse football squad needs to do to break the cycle. We have discussed the essentially brand new receiving corp, the need to find a running game, keeping Eric Dungey healthy and the hope that the new defensive scheme will hold up in the ACC. Now it is time to begin our analysis of the upcoming season.

We enter into the second quarter with a record of 3-0 (1-0 in the ACC) based on my predictions let’s push forward.

First up on the slate is Connecticut.

My analysis for this one has the Huskies entering the game with a 1-2 record losing to Boise State and UCF, but coming off a win against Rhode Island. I will say here as I have said it before the Orange cannot afford to look past anyone. This will be a trap game for the Orange and we need to be ready for it. We cannot be lulled into a false sense of security based on our recent success against the Huskies (wins in 2012 and 2016) or their 2017 record (one of the few teams Syracuse will play who had a worse record then the Orange last year).

No we have to stay alert for the upset in this one as they will have something to prove to their second year coach Randy Edsall who is with the team for a second stint as head coach. This team has a Senior QB with starting experience, complimented by the return of their leading receiver and rusher from the 2017 campaign. I have a focused Orange squad winning this one by a wide margin.

ACCN.gif

ACC Football Rx: ACCN Update - 8/20/18 (accfootballrx.com; HM)

From Cablefax: Company Clarity: ESPN Pres Jimmy Pitaro’s Vision
“When I got here I decided I needed to provide the team with clarity,” ESPN president Jimmy Pitaro explained at the brand’s Media Day in Bristol, CT on Friday. “Clarity in terms of our mission, but just as importantly, what are our core business drivers going to be going forward?”

Pitaro outlined four priorities for the company:
1) direct-to-consumer business.
"we’re very heartened by the conversion rates we’re seeing on the ESPN+ side... the number of people that are trying the service and subscribing... converting from the free service”
2) audience expansion (e.g. boxing, soccer, etc.).
3) quality
4) innovation.

It was under that 4th one that the ACC Network was listed.

Pitaro also provided an update on the upcoming ACC Network, which included:
  • it's on schedule to be launched in 2019.
  • it will carry 40 games
  • multiple distribution deals are already in place
  • ...and more in the works.
Let's break that down just a bit:

On schedule - this means one more season of Raycom telecasts over-the-air, and another season of ACC Network Extra - with many events produced by the schools themselves as a kind of test run for 2019.

40 games - assuming that's just football games, it means that over the 14 weeks of the 2019 regular season there will be an average of 2.85 live games per week on the ACCN - a pair of weeks with just 2 games, with 3 games each on the remaining dozen weeks. (NOTE: Last year the SECN had 46 football games).

ACC Quarterback Rankings - Part One - Last Word on College Football (lastwordoncollegefootball.com; Donovan)

ACC Quarterback Rankings Heading Into 2018

In part one of our two-part series, we’ll look at quarterbacks 14 through 8. While this may be the second half of the quarterbacks in the conference, that doesn’t mean that there’s a lack of talent here.

14. Wake Forest – Jamie Newman / Sam Hartman / Kendall Hinton

Wake Forest’s quarterback(s) will have one of the ACC’s best weapons at their disposal in wide receiver Greg Dortch. Their offensive line is among the best in the league, a rarity for the Demon Deacons. But they must replace star passer John Wolford, a four-year starter. As a senior, he led the offense to a second overall ranking in Passing S&P+, a remarkable feat.

FSU Football: Noles labeled ACC team with most to prove in 2018 (chopchat.com; Parker)

FSU football has plenty to prove after what took place last season, and ESPN believes that the Seminoles have the most to make up for this coming season.

In case you have been living under a rock or have been in complete denial since December 28th of last year, the FSU football team had one of the worst seasons in the last 41 campaigns when they finished with a 7-6 record last season (think about that…our worst record in four decades is still above .500).

With a new head coach, a new scheme, new assistants and a new attitude, the Seminoles have gone all in on doing something to act like 2017 was just a one time thing and everything will return to normal in the 2018 season.

With FSU football going into the upcoming season, there are plenty of questions left about what this team will be in 2018 – can they be a double digit win team who will contend for the ACC or will it be a struggle just to get back to seven wins with that monster schedule.
Regardless of what people think may take place, ESPN.com in a recent ACC preview for the 2018 season made one thing clear: the Seminoles have the most to prove of any team in the conference after what took place last year.

Other

39581313_10156038650669335_1563880859004567552_n.jpg

Justin Bieber, Hailey Baldwin in Skaneateles (PS; O'Toole)

Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin pose for a photo at The Krebs in Skaneateles

Adam Weitsman posted this photo on Facebook of Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin posing with his daughter at The Krebs, a landmark fine dining restaurant in Skaneateles. Weitsman, owner of Upstate Shredding, and his wife, Kim, reopened The Krebs in August 2014 after a 4-year, $5 million restoration and renovation project. It had been a landmark on Route 20 from 1899 to 2010 operated by Cora Krebs and her descendants.

On Sunday, Adam Weitsman posted the following message and photo on Facebook: "Had a great early coffee this morning in the village with my good friend Billy Baldwin. We Talked about life, goals, careers, family etc. He wanted to do brunch at the Krebs after and said to meet him there at 11:00. Nice surprise that he brought his Niece Hailey Baldwin and Fiancé Justin Bieber to join. Justin and Hailey were so kind, polite, and wonderful to Clover which meant a lot to me. Down to earth and respectful people. So Thankful for my friends."

The Weitsmans aim to donate at least $100,000 of The Krebs' annual proceeds to charities, primarily those that benefit women and children.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom