Orangeyes Daily Articles for Thursday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Thursday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
befunky-design2.jpg

Welcome to National Orange Blossom Day!

National Orange Blossom Day is observed annually on June 27th. This day is set aside to enjoy Orange Blossoms for their aesthetic beauty. Orange blossoms have been used in culinary dishes, desserts, and teas worldwide. They add a slight citrus flavor to any dish!

Fragrant orange blossoms offer multiple health benefits when prepared correctly to make a tea or orange blossom water. Some of the advantages may include improved sleep, reduced anxiety and improved circulation.

Not surprisingly, the orange blossom is Florida’s state flower. Not only do the flowers result in the sweet as sunshine orange fruit, but thanks to the pollinating bees, we also get to enjoy a unique honey with a faintly orange flavor a delightful treat. The blossom’s scent goes into making perfumes and other fragrances for the home.

SU News

2019 ACC win total picks, predictions: Clemson set with big number, Syracuse vastly underrated (cbssports.com; Sallee)

Unless you've been living under a rock, you're probably aware that Clemsonhas been the class of the ACC this decade. Coach Dabo Swinney's team has won two of the last three national titles, four straight ACC Championship Games and hasn't suffered through a single-digit win season since 2010. It will be more of the same during the 2019 season, according to win totals released by FanDuel.

Who's the primary threat, though?

Oddsmakers are relatively high on Miami and Virginia Tech being relevant while extremely down on Syracuse -- the team that has played Clemson the toughest out of any of the ACC school over the last two seasons. Let's break down the totals -- which only include the 12-game regular season -- and give out some early "leans" on where to invest.

For those uninitiated on "prices," minus-odds of -120 mean you'd have to wager $120 to win $100, while plus-odds (+120) means wagering $100 would win you $120. An "EVEN" price would result in a $100 payout for a $100 wager.

2019 ACC WIN TOTALS

6.5 wins: The Eagles have posted seven-win seasons in three straight years and four of the last five under coach Steve Addazio. They have an established stud at running back in A.J. Dillon, an experienced quarterback in Anthony Brown and leading receiver Kobay White back, but lost three starters on the offensive line. Out-of-conference games against Kansas and Rutgers aren't exactly daunting, but road trips to Clemson, Syracuse and Notre Dame jump off the page. I trust Addazio to at least keep them competitive and hit the over ... barely. -- Over +132 , Under -156BOSTON COLLEGE
11.5 wins: Win totals like this always scare me. After all, you're betting on perfection if you're betting on the over. With that said, I'm still rolling with the Tigers to run the table and enter the postseason with a 27-game winning streak. Quarterback Trevor Lawrence with another season of seasoning is terrifying, Travis Etienne is one of the most dangerous running backs on the planet, the receiving corps is filthy and defensive coordinator Brent Venables has earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to replacing departed superstars up front. -- Over +130, Under -156CLEMSON
6.5 wins: Normally I'd be inclined to trust Duke coach David Cutcliffe, but the out-of-conference schedule for the Blue Devils is brutal. They open with national runner-up Alabama and draw Notre Dame as part of the ACC's scheduling agreement with the Fighting Irish. This in addition to a cross-division matchup vs. Syracuse and road trips to Virginia and Virginia Tech in divisional play. A bowl game trip would be a big deal for Cutcliffe in 2019. --Over +205, Under-250
DUKE
7 wins: I'm not the biggest believer in second-year coach Willie Taggart, but I am a believer in running back Cam Akers , quarterback James Blackman and a wide receiving corps led by Tamorrion Terry . Plus, the offensive line can't get any worse, can it? The Seminoles will go on the road to Virginia as their rotating cross-division game in addition to the permanent rivalry with Miami, plus open in Jacksonville vs. Boise State and close at Florida . I'd lean more toward a push at seven wins, but will side with the over simply due to overall roster talent. -- Over -124 , Under +106
FLORIDA ST.
4 wins: First-year coach Geoff Collins will bring the Yellow Jackets back to contention in the ACC Coastal, but it might take a while. With that said, a five-win season shouldn't be that challenging. They get USF, The Citadel andTemple out-of-conference, which should get them to three wins. Can they pop off two more in the ACC? A road trip to Duke coupled with home games against North Carolina , Pitt and NC State give them more than just a puncher's chance. -- Over +124 , Under -146GEORGIA TECH
4 wins: Bobby Petrino left a mess, and Scott Satterfield is now in town to clean it up. He'll do it with nine returning starters on defense including the entire front seven, quarterback Jawon "Puma" Pass and four of their top five receivers from a year ago. They draw Notre Dame right out of the gate, close with a road trip to Kentucky and get Virginia and Miami out of the Coastal. The Cardinals defense should be enough to break the four-win barrier ... but not by much. -- Over +154 , Under -184LOUISVILLE
8.5 wins: There seems to be a lot of Tate Martell hype with this number, but the transfer quarterback from Ohio State hasn't done much to prove that he's the answer to the Hurricanes' offensive questions. I do like their linebackers, led by Shaq Quarterman, and the presence of head coach and defensive guru Manny Diaz. But the opener vs. Florida and a road trip to Florida State make it hard to trust them knowing just how inconsistent the offense has been. I'll take the under because I don't think they're capable of winning a high percentage of their toss-up games. -- Over -130, Under +112
MIAMI (FLA.)
4.5 wins : This seems like a really low number for first-year coach Mack Brown, especially considering the experience the Tar Heels return at running back and wide receiver. The out-of-conference schedule consists of South Carolina ,Appalachian State and Wake Forest (yes, this is an out-of-conference game despite the two teams being in the ACC), which is quite tricky for a rebuilding Tar Heels squad. That rebuilding effort will take more than one year. -- Over -108, Under -108NORTH CAROLINA
7.5 wins: Replacing Ryan Finley is going to be tough, which makes it hard to peg the Wolfpack in 2019. Chalk Clemson and West Virginia as losses, with Florida State, Syracuse, Boston College , Georgia Tech and North Carolina as toss-ups. Losses in three of those five will hit the under, and I don't trust coach Dave Doeren's crew enough to assume that there won't be a drop off. -- Over +112, Under-130NC STATE
6 wins: The Panthers backed their way into the ACC Championship Game last year with seven wins, and the schedule suggests that a one-game drop-off in 2019 should be the expectation. They visit rival Penn State in Week 3 and follow that up with a home tilt vs. UCF the following week. In addition to that, they get a solid Virginia team right out of the gate, travel to Syracuse on a Friday night and will head to Virginia Tech in late November. That's five losses in the books before even factoring in toss-ups. I love do-it-all weapon Maurice Ffrench , but he can't do it all. -- Over -108, Under -108
PITTSBURGH
5 wins: I had to read this 10 times to make sure it isn't a typo. It isn't a typo. Syracuse was one magical drive by Clemson backup quarterback Chase Bricefrom upsetting the Tigers and winning the ACC Atlantic last year, and it returns four of their top five receivers and a quarterback in Tommy DeVito who is one of the most highly-touted prospects to sign with the Orange in recent history. Dino Babers is one of the most under-appreciated coaches in the country, and this win total proves it. This isn't just the easiest bet in the ACC, it's the easiest one in the entire country. -- Over -146, Under +124SYRACUSE

8364906_10cfcdbf21e545a581a12383e09a9218.jpg

https://insidetheloudhouse.com/2019/06/26/tale-of-the-tape-north-carolina-lb-commits-to-cuse/ (itlh; Carey)

The Syracuse football squad has added to their linebacker room. Our recruiting analyst broke down the tale of the tape here on Stefon Thompson.

Syracuse football just wrapped up a huge recruiting weekend. The Orange had eight 2020 prospects on campus.

However, the first commit of the weekend came from Stefon Thompson, who was on campus the weekend prior.

Thompson is a linebacker from Charlotte, North Carolina. According to 247sports.com, Thompson was primarily recruited by Syracuse ends coach Steve Stanard.

At 6-foot and 222-pounds, Thompson is just about as college ready for a linebacker as they come. Size wise, he fits the mold for an ACC linebacker. The scary thing is, Thompson will only get stronger and faster once he enrolls in the Syracuse strength and conditioning program.

In addition to the Syracuse offer, Thompson hauled in scholarships from Appalachian State, Colorado State, Marshall, and Wisconsin. He is a 3-star prospect and is listed as the 74th best Inside linebacker and 77th best player in North Carolina by 247 Sports.

https://sujuiceonline.com/2019/06/27/35114-syracuse-football-june-recruiting/ (the juice; Auger)

If there’s one way to describe June recruiting for the Orange, doesn’t it have to be “what a difference a week makes?”

Heading into the month of June, Syracuse was lagging a bit behind most of the ACC in terms of football commits for the Class of 2020. Certainly a bit of a surprise coming off the Orange’s 10-3 season.
Then, the official visits started to happen. And June recruiting picked up! But that shouldn’t come as a surprise, as the month of June typically has been a cornucopia of football verbal commits.
Defensive Help
Defensive end Leon Lowery got the ball rolling when he pledged to Dino Babers and Syracuse on June 16. Lowery, a 3-star recruit, is from North Brunswick, NJ. He stands 6-foot-3 and weighs 205 pounds. Lowery also had offers from Virginia Tech, Indiana, and Rutgers, among others.
A few hours after Lowery committed, Justin Barron, a 3-star Athlete, also verballed. Barron plays at Suffield Academy in Suffield, CT. Listed as an Athlete, Barron is viewed as either a linebacker or tight end when he arrives at Syracuse. The Orange beat out ACC foes Boston College, Pittsburgh, and Virginia for Barron’s pledge.
Two for Two
Syracuse repeated the recruit Daily Double three days later when Garth Barclay and James Williams committed.
Barclay is an offensive tackle from York, PA. The 3-star recruit stands at 6-foot-7 and weighs 250 pounds. With such height and reach, Barclay can potentially be a force on the offensive line once his body develops to be able to handle the physicality of the ACC. Barclay had an offer from Virginia and a bunch on non-Power 5 schools.

5d13c9d8b308b.image.jpg

Sciria: New Syracuse University football uniforms a drastic improvement (auburnpub.com; Sciria)

It took five years but finally the Syracuse University football team has banished those ugly uniforms. It's a good time to be an Orange football fan. The team is coming off its best season in two decades, coach Dino Babers is signed to an extension and the Carrier Dome is going to get some much-needed and overdue renovations.

And new uniforms.

The immediate reaction? Better, a step in the right direction. But some tweaks could make them better.

First, props to the Syracuse University Athletic Department for ditching those horrible uniforms after five long seasons. Some fans (most, I would believe) don't care what the team wears as long as they win. But some of us do.

The university just signed an extension with Nike to provide all of its athletic teams with uniforms and shoes so this was the time for new football jerseys.

If you remember my critique from April 2014, you know I was harsh. To quote, "This is all Nike hype. It's how Nike justifies slapping a $100 price tag on the replica jerseys it sells to fans.The numbers look like something a first grader would write. It looks like a tire tread is on the numbers and sleeves."

The new jerseys go back to a traditional style of numbers but like all Nike football jerseys, the "sleeves" only cover the shoulder pads so the stripes are cut off at the torso. Because of this, you can't have that old style of sleeves. Fine, that's the modern style.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/syracuse-football-uniforms-are-hot/id1328704861?i=1000442583918 (apple.com; radio; ML)

ML approves of Syracuse’s new yet old look.

6/26 Fizz Cast: 2020 OL/DL Josh Ilaoa puts Syracuse as #1 School – Orange Fizz – Free Syracuse Recruiting News (orangefizz.net; podcast; Hoppe)

On the latest Fizz Cast, Jonathon Hoppe chats with 2020 OL/DL Josh Ilaoa about his future. After a weekend visit to Syracuse, Ilaoa lists the Orange at the top of his list. Ilaoa plans to announce his decision when he returns to his home in North Carolina after a visit to the west coast.

Ilaoa is a versatile lineman that can play on both sides of the ball. Find out where he thinks he fits in at SU, what he likes about the program and his thoughts on the new uniforms.

https://saturdayblitz.com/2019/06/26/acc-football-each-team-top-heisman-candidate-2019/ (saturdayblitz.com; Mitchell)

The Heisman Trophy is the most prestigious individual prize in the nation, and ACC football has a favorite, and a few dark horses, who could win it.
The ACC was top-heavy in 2018, but the rest of the conference will try to catch up in 2019. This goes for the teams as a whole, but also for the Heisman candidates.

The favorite is Trevor Lawrence, the man who took down Alabama in the National Championship Game and took college football by storm
There are also dark horses across the conference. Teams like Virginia, Boston College, and Duke have players who could make themselves household names in 2019. Florida State, Miami, and North Carolina have players looking to silence the doubters.
As the 2019 season approaches, the race for the Heisman trophy will only get more intriguing.
Boston College: AJ Dillon, RB
In 2018, AJ Dillon rushed for 1,108 yards and ten touchdowns, and earned All-ACC honors. All of this came despite him missing two games with injury. If he can stay healthy for all of 2019, especially against a schedule that features a few poor rush defenses early, he could see his production take a jump.

He will be running behind a re-tooled offensive line, but not necessarily a young one. With two seniors, a junior, sophomore, and freshman, this running game shouldn’t see much of a drop-off.
The exciting thing about Dillon is that there is room for growth. He caught only eight passes for 41 yards in 2018. With this entire facet of the game still left to explore, the sky is the limit for the Eagle tailback.
Syracuse: Moe Neal, RB
In 2018, Syracuse reached double digit wins on the arm and legs of Eric Dungey. He wasn’t only a great quarterback, but also the emotional leader of this team.
With Dungey now gone, and shaky sophomore Tommy DeVito taking over the quarterback, it is Moe Neal who will take over the Dungey role.
He, as a senior, will have to fill the leadership void that is left by Dungey’s departure. He will also have to shoulder a good amount of the offensive load. DeVito’s career numbers don’t inspire much confidence, with a 50.6 completion percentage and a four to three touchdown to interception ratio. This offense will need to establish a strong running game, led by Neal.
The screen game could become another tool used to help the young passer, so Neal could open up another facet of his game.

Clemson should roll through the ACC (theclemsoninsider.com; Vandervort)

FanDuel released its projected win totals for the 2019 football season on Tuesday and to no one’s surprise Clemson and Alabama topped its list.

The started Clemson at 11.5, followed by Alabama and Georgia at 11. Ohio State and Oklahoma came in at 10.5, while Boise State is sixth at 10. UCF, Michigan, Texas and Washington close out the top 10 with 9.5.

What does all of this mean?

If you’re a gambling man, it can mean something, but if you’re like me, it gives us a good look at what others are thinking around the country about the upcoming college football season.
It got me thinking. What will the win totals for the ACC might be this season?

Keep in my mind, knowing what I already know about the teams and who they had returning and lost, I did not use any analytics or anything like that to determine my opinions.
In the ACC Atlantic Division, it is a no brainer, Clemson is going to roll.

FanDuel set Clemson’s win total at 11.5. I understand why. I think the Tigers will go undefeated, posting a 12-0 overall record and an 8-0 mark in the ACC. With Trevor Lawrence, Travis Etienne and all of those weapons at wide receiver, the Tigers are going to be hard to stop.

The puts Florida State with 7 wins, I think that is a little too low. I feel like the Seminoles will bounce back this year and will finish second in the Atlantic with an 8-4 record, including a 5-3 record in the ACC.

They have NC State with 7.5 wins, which is about right. The Wolfpack will also go 8-4 and 5-3 in the ACC, in my opinion. Look for the Pack to really improve in the back half of the season.

Like FanDuel, I agree that Syracuse is a little overrated coming into the new year. I feel losing Eric Dungey is a bigger blow than people realize. However, the Orange will still win more games than 5, which is what FanDuel is predicting. I think the Orange will go 8-4 overall and 5-3 in the ACC.

ACC Wild Card Players in 2019 (athlonsports.com; Kinne)

Clemson is hoping that former wide receiver Derion Kendrick can make an impact in the Tigers' secondary

Certainly, Clemson was among the nation's best college football teams from day one in 2018. On the other end of the spectrum, Louisville was going to struggle last season due to key personnel losses and dysfunction in the program.

But the emergence of wide receiver Justyn Ross late in the year helped transform the Tigers from a contender into a dominant champion. And the disappointment of Jawon Pass at quarterback for the Cardinals sealed their spot at the bottom of the standings.

Every team in America has under-the-radar players they are counting on to step up and their play will go a long way in determining success or failure. Here are offensive and defensive players for each ACC program that fall into that wild card category.

ACC Atlantic

Boston College Eagles

Offense: Hunter Long, TE
AJ Dillon should take care of the running game. What head coach Steve Addazio needs is a downfield receiving threat to complement the dependable Kobay White. Long showed in limited time last year that he could be a big-play option and with Tommy Sweeney now gone, he will see plenty of action this fall.

Defense: Brandon Barlow, DE
The Eagles suffered heavy losses on the defensive side of the ball, perhaps the biggest being ends Zach Allen and Wyatt Ray. Barlow will be asked to contribute both as a pass rusher and as a stout run defender.

Clemson Tigers

Offense: Jackson Carman, OT
There are not many holes on the Clemson offense, but they will have to find some answers along the offensive line. Mitch Hyatt was a starter for four years at left tackle and that type of experience is hard to replace. But the Tigers will plug in Carman, a former blue-chip recruit with a very high upside.

Defense: Derion Kendrick, CB
A five-star wide receiver in the class of 2018, Kendrick was moved to the secondary this spring because of a numbers crunch and he excelled. It helps that the Tigers have an incredibly deep group of pass catchers, but Kendrick may have been Clemson's best corner in the spring and he will not be moving back to offense.

Florida State Seminoles

Offense: Kendal Briles, Offensive Coordinator
The hiring of a Briles always brings controversy after what transpired at Baylor. In this case, it is the ultimate risk/reward situation. Briles put together dynamic offenses during his time in Waco and had success at both FAU and Houston. But the FSU pieces – especially quarterback James Blackman – may not be a perfect match for what Briles wants to run. And if this experiment doesn't work, it will probably end Willie Taggart's tenure at Florida State.

Defense: Joshua Kaindoh, DE
An uber-recruit coming out of high school, the world is still waiting for Kaindoh to really make an impact. As a sophomore, he did have three sacks, but with Brian Burns off to the NFL, more is needed from the 6-foot-7, 256-pounder.

Louisville Cardinals

Offense: Malik Cunningham, QB
No one knows at this time whether Cunningham or Jawon Pass will win the starting quarterback job. What is known is that Cunningham is dangerous with the ball in his hands and must be utilized by new head coach Scott Satterfield.

Defense: Russ Yeast, S
Yeast came to Louisville with high expectations and showed promise as a freshman. But things unraveled last year to the point where the former four-star prospect considered transferring. Yeast returned and will now get a fresh start with a new coaching staff.

NC State Wolfpack

Offense: Tabari Hines, WR
After three very productive years at Wake Forest, knee issues limited Hines to just one game at Oregon last season. As a result, the 5-foot-10, 185-pounder was able to transfer for the second year in a row and will look to help ease the pain of losing 1,000-yard receivers Kelvin Harmon and Jakobi Meyers.

Defense: Alim NcNeill, DT
After a nice freshman season, McNeil is ready to shoulder a heavier load this fall. He gave a glimpse of what the future may hold in the final two regular season games as he registered six solo stops in the contests against North Carolina and East Carolina.

Syracuse Orange

Offense: Tommy DeVito, QB
The sophomore is different than previous Cuse quarterback, Eric Dungey. DeVito will stay in the pocket and won't look to run as much as Dungey. But if the Livingston, N.J., product can live up to his high school hype, the Syracuse offense will continue to pile up points.

Defense: Tyrell Richards, LB

With Alton Robinson at one end and Kendall Coleman at the other, Syracuse doesn't have a problem rushing the passer. But the sophomore Richards had three sacks in limited time last year and could provide a big threat on the outside.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article231988262.html (newsobserver.com; video; Alexander)

Lou Holtz, whose college coaching stops included NC State in the early 1970s, was in Raleigh as a guest speaker at The Cardinal at North Hills, with stories about his days with the Pack, Mack Brown's return to UNC and the state of college football.

2019 National TV on Someone Else's Contract (RX; HM)

2019 National TV on Someone Else's Contract

If you're going to play a non-conference away game, at least let it be on television...

Early season 2019 football TV schedule, ACC non-conference away games:

Saturday, Aug. 24
Miami vs. Florida (Orlando) – 7pm, ESPN (SEC)

Saturday, Aug. 31
Duke vs. Alabama (Atlanta) – 3:30pm, ABC (SEC)
N Carolina vs. S Carolina (Charlotte) – 3:30pm, ESPN (SEC)
Syracuse at Liberty – 6:00 PM, ESPN+ (Liberty)

Friday, Sept. 6
Wake Forest at Rice – 8:00pm, CBSSN (C-USA)

Saturday, Sept. 7
Syracuse at Maryland – 12pm, ESPN or ESPN2 (B1G)

Saturday, Sept. 14
Pittsburgh at Penn State – Noon, ABC (B1G)
NC State at West Virginia – Noon, FS1 (Big XII)
Louisville vs. W. Kentucky (Nashville) – 4:00 PM, Stadium (C-USA)

Saturday, Sept. 28
Virginia at Notre Dame – 3:30 PM, NBC (Notre Dame)

Humor: Wasserman has the Wrong L.A. Team (RX; HM)

Humor: Wasserman has the Wrong L.A. Team

Last night we talked about the Wacky Pac-12 News, but after some reflection, I've concluded that maybe UCLA to ACC isn't totally crazy, just the wrong L.A. team! Hear me out...

Let's say the ACC moves to 18 by adding U.S.C. + Stanford + Navy... put them in same division with Notre Dame... 5 ACC games (already) + 3 more = 8 conference games = a full football member... Voila! Notre Dame is All-In! (I'll take Wasserman's consulting fee now).

Here's what those divisions might look like:

Far-flung Division
Notre Dame
USC
Stanford
Navy
Boston College
Pitt
Syracuse
Louisville
Miami

ACC Division
Virginia
Va Tech
UNC
NC State
Duke
Wake Forest
Clemson
Ga Tech
Florida State

OR make it 20 teams by adding UCLA and Texas

Far-flung Division
Notre Dame
USC
Stanford
Navy
Boston College
Pitt
Syracuse
Louisville
UCLA
Texas

ACC Division
Virginia
Va Tech
UNC
NC State
Duke
Wake Forest
Clemson
Ga Tech
Florida State
Miami

Truly a national TV audience!

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/06/2019-finebaum-clown-show.html (RX; HM)

2019 Finebaum Clown Show

From Tigernet: Paul Finebaum declared "The ACC outside of Clemson is a clown show"
Clemson has been 'owning the SEC' with all of the recent victories including two out of three National Championship titles against SEC power Alabama.

Finebaum admits:
“Dabo Swinney is 13-5 against SEC teams since the start of the 2012 season, which includes five wins over South Carolina, three wins over Auburn, two wins over Alabama and wins over Georgia, LSU and Texas A&M.”
SEC Network Paul Finebaum told AL.com on Tuesday that the ACC is overrated besides Clemson and tried to discredit some of Swinney's biggest wins.
I know Finebaum is just parroting the standard SEC line, but is there any merit to it? What do the numbers say?

In the last 4 years (2015-18) the ACC is .500 vs. the SEC (23-23), with a winning record on the road but a losing record at neutral site games and break-even at home. That doesn't sound like a problem for the ACC to me!

What about the "big" stage? Let's also look at bowl games - but to keep the results as relevant as possible, only the last 3 head-to-head bowls, and even then only those played in the last 10 years:

Alabama
's last 3 bowl/post-season games vs. ACC teams:
2016 - CFP - lost to Clemson 31-35
2017 - Sugar - beat Clemson 24-6
2018 - CFP - lost to Clemson 16-44

Arkansas (only one bowl vs ACC in last decade)
2016 - Belk - lost to Va Tech 24-35

Auburn (only two bowls vs ACC in last decade)
2011 - Chick-fil-A - beat UVa 43-24
2013 - BCS (Rose) - lost to FSU 31-34

Florida (only one bowl vs ACC in last decade)
2012 - Sugar - lost to Louisville 23-33

Georgia (only one bowl vs ACC in last decade)
2014 - Belk - beat Louisville 37-14

Kentucky last 3
2009 - Music City - lost to Clemson 13-21
2010 - BBVA Compass - lost to Pitt 10-27
2016 - Taxslayer - lost to Ga Tech 18-33

LSU's last 3*
2014 - Music City - lost to Notre Dame* 31-28
2016 - Citrus - beat Louisville 29-9
2017 - Citrus - lost to Notre Dame 21-17

Miss. St last 3
2014 - Orange - lost to Ga Tech 34-49
2015 - Belk - beat NC State 51-28
2017 - Taxslayer - beat Louisville 31-27

Missouri (only one bowl vs ACC in last decade)
2011 - Independence - beat UNC 41-24

Other

MFEKLYXDJVC4LP6LDV5WFBWK5E.jpg

I-481’s jam-packed exit near Syracuse gets no relief in I-81 proposal (video) (PS; Weaver)

The overwhelming majority of Interstate 481 keeps traffic moving at normal speeds during daily rush hours in the Syracuse suburbs, according to state transportation records.

But there is one spot on I-481 that is currently jammed up during the evening drive home.

It’s Exit 3 on the southbound side.

Those are the ramps in DeWitt that lead to Fayetteville, to the area’s largest Wegmans and to tens of thousands of homes in Syracuse’s eastern suburbs. Nearly 58,000 vehicles travel on that section of I-481, on average, each day, according to state data.

“I am not surprised to hear that,” said Jessica Rice, who lives in DeWitt and works on University Hill. Most evenings, she says, she gets off I-481 at Jamesville Road, Exit 2, to avoid the traffic at Exit 3.
Yet the state’s proposed $2 billion Interstate 81 project to rework Syracuse’s highway system would do nothing to improve that DeWitt/Fayetteville exit, according to a review of the state’s plans by syracuse.com | The Post-Standard.

A state Department of Transportation official confirmed that. The current proposal “does not propose any changes at Exit 3,” spokesman Joseph Morrissey wrote in response to questions.

Last edited:
befunky-design2.jpg

Welcome to National Orange Blossom Day!

National Orange Blossom Day is observed annually on June 27th. This day is set aside to enjoy Orange Blossoms for their aesthetic beauty. Orange blossoms have been used in culinary dishes, desserts, and teas worldwide. They add a slight citrus flavor to any dish!

Fragrant orange blossoms offer multiple health benefits when prepared correctly to make a tea or orange blossom water. Some of the advantages may include improved sleep, reduced anxiety and improved circulation.

Not surprisingly, the orange blossom is Florida’s state flower. Not only do the flowers result in the sweet as sunshine orange fruit, but thanks to the pollinating bees, we also get to enjoy a unique honey with a faintly orange flavor a delightful treat. The blossom’s scent goes into making perfumes and other fragrances for the home.

SU News

2019 ACC win total picks, predictions: Clemson set with big number, Syracuse vastly underrated (cbssports.com; Sallee)

Unless you've been living under a rock, you're probably aware that Clemsonhas been the class of the ACC this decade. Coach Dabo Swinney's team has won two of the last three national titles, four straight ACC Championship Games and hasn't suffered through a single-digit win season since 2010. It will be more of the same during the 2019 season, according to win totals released by FanDuel.

Who's the primary threat, though?

Oddsmakers are relatively high on Miami and Virginia Tech being relevant while extremely down on Syracuse -- the team that has played Clemson the toughest out of any of the ACC school over the last two seasons. Let's break down the totals -- which only include the 12-game regular season -- and give out some early "leans" on where to invest.

For those uninitiated on "prices," minus-odds of -120 mean you'd have to wager $120 to win $100, while plus-odds (+120) means wagering $100 would win you $120. An "EVEN" price would result in a $100 payout for a $100 wager.

2019 ACC WIN TOTALS

6.5 wins: The Eagles have posted seven-win seasons in three straight years and four of the last five under coach Steve Addazio. They have an established stud at running back in A.J. Dillon, an experienced quarterback in Anthony Brown and leading receiver Kobay White back, but lost three starters on the offensive line. Out-of-conference games against Kansas and Rutgers aren't exactly daunting, but road trips to Clemson, Syracuse and Notre Dame jump off the page. I trust Addazio to at least keep them competitive and hit the over ... barely. -- Over +132 , Under -156BOSTON COLLEGE
11.5 wins: Win totals like this always scare me. After all, you're betting on perfection if you're betting on the over. With that said, I'm still rolling with the Tigers to run the table and enter the postseason with a 27-game winning streak. Quarterback Trevor Lawrence with another season of seasoning is terrifying, Travis Etienne is one of the most dangerous running backs on the planet, the receiving corps is filthy and defensive coordinator Brent Venables has earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to replacing departed superstars up front. -- Over +130, Under -156CLEMSON
6.5 wins: Normally I'd be inclined to trust Duke coach David Cutcliffe, but the out-of-conference schedule for the Blue Devils is brutal. They open with national runner-up Alabama and draw Notre Dame as part of the ACC's scheduling agreement with the Fighting Irish. This in addition to a cross-division matchup vs. Syracuse and road trips to Virginia and Virginia Tech in divisional play. A bowl game trip would be a big deal for Cutcliffe in 2019. --Over +205, Under-250
DUKE
7 wins: I'm not the biggest believer in second-year coach Willie Taggart, but I am a believer in running back Cam Akers , quarterback James Blackman and a wide receiving corps led by Tamorrion Terry . Plus, the offensive line can't get any worse, can it? The Seminoles will go on the road to Virginia as their rotating cross-division game in addition to the permanent rivalry with Miami, plus open in Jacksonville vs. Boise State and close at Florida . I'd lean more toward a push at seven wins, but will side with the over simply due to overall roster talent. -- Over -124 , Under +106
FLORIDA ST.
4 wins: First-year coach Geoff Collins will bring the Yellow Jackets back to contention in the ACC Coastal, but it might take a while. With that said, a five-win season shouldn't be that challenging. They get USF, The Citadel andTemple out-of-conference, which should get them to three wins. Can they pop off two more in the ACC? A road trip to Duke coupled with home games against North Carolina , Pitt and NC State give them more than just a puncher's chance. -- Over +124 , Under -146GEORGIA TECH
4 wins: Bobby Petrino left a mess, and Scott Satterfield is now in town to clean it up. He'll do it with nine returning starters on defense including the entire front seven, quarterback Jawon "Puma" Pass and four of their top five receivers from a year ago. They draw Notre Dame right out of the gate, close with a road trip to Kentucky and get Virginia and Miami out of the Coastal. The Cardinals defense should be enough to break the four-win barrier ... but not by much. -- Over +154 , Under -184LOUISVILLE
8.5 wins: There seems to be a lot of Tate Martell hype with this number, but the transfer quarterback from Ohio State hasn't done much to prove that he's the answer to the Hurricanes' offensive questions. I do like their linebackers, led by Shaq Quarterman, and the presence of head coach and defensive guru Manny Diaz. But the opener vs. Florida and a road trip to Florida State make it hard to trust them knowing just how inconsistent the offense has been. I'll take the under because I don't think they're capable of winning a high percentage of their toss-up games. -- Over -130, Under +112
MIAMI (FLA.)
4.5 wins : This seems like a really low number for first-year coach Mack Brown, especially considering the experience the Tar Heels return at running back and wide receiver. The out-of-conference schedule consists of South Carolina ,Appalachian State and Wake Forest (yes, this is an out-of-conference game despite the two teams being in the ACC), which is quite tricky for a rebuilding Tar Heels squad. That rebuilding effort will take more than one year. -- Over -108, Under -108NORTH CAROLINA
7.5 wins: Replacing Ryan Finley is going to be tough, which makes it hard to peg the Wolfpack in 2019. Chalk Clemson and West Virginia as losses, with Florida State, Syracuse, Boston College , Georgia Tech and North Carolina as toss-ups. Losses in three of those five will hit the under, and I don't trust coach Dave Doeren's crew enough to assume that there won't be a drop off. -- Over +112, Under-130NC STATE
6 wins: The Panthers backed their way into the ACC Championship Game last year with seven wins, and the schedule suggests that a one-game drop-off in 2019 should be the expectation. They visit rival Penn State in Week 3 and follow that up with a home tilt vs. UCF the following week. In addition to that, they get a solid Virginia team right out of the gate, travel to Syracuse on a Friday night and will head to Virginia Tech in late November. That's five losses in the books before even factoring in toss-ups. I love do-it-all weapon Maurice Ffrench , but he can't do it all. -- Over -108, Under -108
PITTSBURGH
5 wins: I had to read this 10 times to make sure it isn't a typo. It isn't a typo. Syracuse was one magical drive by Clemson backup quarterback Chase Bricefrom upsetting the Tigers and winning the ACC Atlantic last year, and it returns four of their top five receivers and a quarterback in Tommy DeVito who is one of the most highly-touted prospects to sign with the Orange in recent history. Dino Babers is one of the most under-appreciated coaches in the country, and this win total proves it. This isn't just the easiest bet in the ACC, it's the easiest one in the entire country. -- Over -146, Under +124SYRACUSE

8364906_10cfcdbf21e545a581a12383e09a9218.jpg

https://insidetheloudhouse.com/2019/06/26/tale-of-the-tape-north-carolina-lb-commits-to-cuse/ (itlh; Carey)

The Syracuse football squad has added to their linebacker room. Our recruiting analyst broke down the tale of the tape here on Stefon Thompson.

Syracuse football just wrapped up a huge recruiting weekend. The Orange had eight 2020 prospects on campus.

However, the first commit of the weekend came from Stefon Thompson, who was on campus the weekend prior.

Thompson is a linebacker from Charlotte, North Carolina. According to 247sports.com, Thompson was primarily recruited by Syracuse ends coach Steve Stanard.

At 6-foot and 222-pounds, Thompson is just about as college ready for a linebacker as they come. Size wise, he fits the mold for an ACC linebacker. The scary thing is, Thompson will only get stronger and faster once he enrolls in the Syracuse strength and conditioning program.

In addition to the Syracuse offer, Thompson hauled in scholarships from Appalachian State, Colorado State, Marshall, and Wisconsin. He is a 3-star prospect and is listed as the 74th best Inside linebacker and 77th best player in North Carolina by Sports.

https://sujuiceonline.com/2019/06/27/35114-syracuse-football-june-recruiting/ (the juice; Auger)

If there’s one way to describe June recruiting for the Orange, doesn’t it have to be “what a difference a week makes?”

Heading into the month of June, Syracuse was lagging a bit behind most of the ACC in terms of football commits for the Class of 2020. Certainly a bit of a surprise coming off the Orange’s 10-3 season.
Then, the official visits started to happen. And June recruiting picked up! But that shouldn’t come as a surprise, as the month of June typically has been a cornucopia of football verbal commits.
Defensive Help
Defensive end Leon Lowery got the ball rolling when he pledged to Dino Babers and Syracuse on June 16. Lowery, a 3-star recruit, is from North Brunswick, NJ. He stands 6-foot-3 and weighs 205 pounds. Lowery also had offers from Virginia Tech, Indiana, and Rutgers, among others.
A few hours after Lowery committed, Justin Barron, a 3-star Athlete, also verballed. Barron plays at Suffield Academy in Suffield, CT. Listed as an Athlete, Barron is viewed as either a linebacker or tight end when he arrives at Syracuse. The Orange beat out ACC foes Boston College, Pittsburgh, and Virginia for Barron’s pledge.
Two for Two
Syracuse repeated the recruit Daily Double three days later when Garth Barclay and James Williams committed.
Barclay is an offensive tackle from York, PA. The 3-star recruit stands at 6-foot-7 and weighs 250 pounds. With such height and reach, Barclay can potentially be a force on the offensive line once his body develops to be able to handle the physicality of the ACC. Barclay had an offer from Virginia and a bunch on non-Power 5 schools.

5d13c9d8b308b.image.jpg

Sciria: New Syracuse University football uniforms a drastic improvement (auburnpub.com; Sciria)

It took five years but finally the Syracuse University football team has banished those ugly uniforms. It's a good time to be an Orange football fan. The team is coming off its best season in two decades, coach Dino Babers is signed to an extension and the Carrier Dome is going to get some much-needed and overdue renovations.

And new uniforms.

The immediate reaction? Better, a step in the right direction. But some tweaks could make them better.

First, props to the Syracuse University Athletic Department for ditching those horrible uniforms after five long seasons. Some fans (most, I would believe) don't care what the team wears as long as they win. But some of us do.

The university just signed an extension with Nike to provide all of its athletic teams with uniforms and shoes so this was the time for new football jerseys.

If you remember my critique from April 2014, you know I was harsh. To quote, "This is all Nike hype. It's how Nike justifies slapping a $100 price tag on the replica jerseys it sells to fans.The numbers look like something a first grader would write. It looks like a tire tread is on the numbers and sleeves."

The new jerseys go back to a traditional style of numbers but like all Nike football jerseys, the "sleeves" only cover the shoulder pads so the stripes are cut off at the torso. Because of this, you can't have that old style of sleeves. Fine, that's the modern style.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/syracuse-football-uniforms-are-hot/id1328704861?i=1000442583918 (apple.com; radio; ML)

ML approves of Syracuse’s new yet old look.

6/26 Fizz Cast: 2020 OL/DL Josh Ilaoa puts Syracuse as #1 School – Orange Fizz – Free Syracuse Recruiting News (orangefizz.net; podcast; Hoppe)

On the latest Fizz Cast, Jonathon Hoppe chats with 2020 OL/DL Josh Ilaoa about his future. After a weekend visit to Syracuse, Ilaoa lists the Orange at the top of his list. Ilaoa plans to announce his decision when he returns to his home in North Carolina after a visit to the west coast.

Ilaoa is a versatile lineman that can play on both sides of the ball. Find out where he thinks he fits in at SU, what he likes about the program and his thoughts on the new uniforms.

https://saturdayblitz.com/2019/06/26/acc-football-each-team-top-heisman-candidate-2019/ (saturdayblitz.com; Mitchell)

The Heisman Trophy is the most prestigious individual prize in the nation, and ACC football has a favorite, and a few dark horses, who could win it.
The ACC was top-heavy in 2018, but the rest of the conference will try to catch up in 2019. This goes for the teams as a whole, but also for the Heisman candidates.

The favorite is Trevor Lawrence, the man who took down Alabama in the National Championship Game and took college football by storm
There are also dark horses across the conference. Teams like Virginia, Boston College, and Duke have players who could make themselves household names in 2019. Florida State, Miami, and North Carolina have players looking to silence the doubters.
As the 2019 season approaches, the race for the Heisman trophy will only get more intriguing.
Boston College: AJ Dillon, RB
In 2018, AJ Dillon rushed for 1,108 yards and ten touchdowns, and earned All-ACC honors. All of this came despite him missing two games with injury. If he can stay healthy for all of 2019, especially against a schedule that features a few poor rush defenses early, he could see his production take a jump.

He will be running behind a re-tooled offensive line, but not necessarily a young one. With two seniors, a junior, sophomore, and freshman, this running game shouldn’t see much of a drop-off.
The exciting thing about Dillon is that there is room for growth. He caught only eight passes for 41 yards in 2018. With this entire facet of the game still left to explore, the sky is the limit for the Eagle tailback.
Syracuse: Moe Neal, RB
In 2018, Syracuse reached double digit wins on the arm and legs of Eric Dungey. He wasn’t only a great quarterback, but also the emotional leader of this team.
With Dungey now gone, and shaky sophomore Tommy DeVito taking over the quarterback, it is Moe Neal who will take over the Dungey role.
He, as a senior, will have to fill the leadership void that is left by Dungey’s departure. He will also have to shoulder a good amount of the offensive load. DeVito’s career numbers don’t inspire much confidence, with a 50.6 completion percentage and a four to three touchdown to interception ratio. This offense will need to establish a strong running game, led by Neal.
The screen game could become another tool used to help the young passer, so Neal could open up another facet of his game.

Clemson should roll through the ACC (theclemsoninsider.com; Vandervort)

FanDuel released its projected win totals for the 2019 football season on Tuesday and to no one’s surprise Clemson and Alabama topped its list.

The started Clemson at 11.5, followed by Alabama and Georgia at 11. Ohio State and Oklahoma came in at 10.5, while Boise State is sixth at 10. UCF, Michigan, Texas and Washington close out the top 10 with 9.5.

What does all of this mean?

If you’re a gambling man, it can mean something, but if you’re like me, it gives us a good look at what others are thinking around the country about the upcoming college football season.
It got me thinking. What will the win totals for the ACC might be this season?

Keep in my mind, knowing what I already know about the teams and who they had returning and lost, I did not use any analytics or anything like that to determine my opinions.
In the ACC Atlantic Division, it is a no brainer, Clemson is going to roll.

FanDuel set Clemson’s win total at 11.5. I understand why. I think the Tigers will go undefeated, posting a 12-0 overall record and an 8-0 mark in the ACC. With Trevor Lawrence, Travis Etienne and all of those weapons at wide receiver, the Tigers are going to be hard to stop.

The puts Florida State with 7 wins, I think that is a little too low. I feel like the Seminoles will bounce back this year and will finish second in the Atlantic with an 8-4 record, including a 5-3 record in the ACC.

They have NC State with 7.5 wins, which is about right. The Wolfpack will also go 8-4 and 5-3 in the ACC, in my opinion. Look for the Pack to really improve in the back half of the season.

Like FanDuel, I agree that Syracuse is a little overrated coming into the new year. I feel losing Eric Dungey is a bigger blow than people realize. However, the Orange will still win more games than 5, which is what FanDuel is predicting. I think the Orange will go 8-4 overall and 5-3 in the ACC.

ACC Wild Card Players in 2019 (athlonsports.com; Kinne)

Clemson is hoping that former wide receiver Derion Kendrick can make an impact in the Tigers' secondary

Certainly, Clemson was among the nation's best college football teams from day one in 2018. On the other end of the spectrum, Louisville was going to struggle last season due to key personnel losses and dysfunction in the program.

But the emergence of wide receiver Justyn Ross late in the year helped transform the Tigers from a contender into a dominant champion. And the disappointment of Jawon Pass at quarterback for the Cardinals sealed their spot at the bottom of the standings.

Every team in America has under-the-radar players they are counting on to step up and their play will go a long way in determining success or failure. Here are offensive and defensive players for each ACC program that fall into that wild card category.

ACC Atlantic

Boston College Eagles

Offense: Hunter Long, TE
AJ Dillon should take care of the running game. What head coach Steve Addazio needs is a downfield receiving threat to complement the dependable Kobay White. Long showed in limited time last year that he could be a big-play option and with Tommy Sweeney now gone, he will see plenty of action this fall.

Defense: Brandon Barlow, DE
The Eagles suffered heavy losses on the defensive side of the ball, perhaps the biggest being ends Zach Allen and Wyatt Ray. Barlow will be asked to contribute both as a pass rusher and as a stout run defender.

Clemson Tigers

Offense: Jackson Carman, OT
There are not many holes on the Clemson offense, but they will have to find some answers along the offensive line. Mitch Hyatt was a starter for four years at left tackle and that type of experience is hard to replace. But the Tigers will plug in Carman, a former blue-chip recruit with a very high upside.

Defense: Derion Kendrick, CB
A five-star wide receiver in the class of 2018, Kendrick was moved to the secondary this spring because of a numbers crunch and he excelled. It helps that the Tigers have an incredibly deep group of pass catchers, but Kendrick may have been Clemson's best corner in the spring and he will not be moving back to offense.

Florida State Seminoles

Offense: Kendal Briles, Offensive Coordinator
The hiring of a Briles always brings controversy after what transpired at Baylor. In this case, it is the ultimate risk/reward situation. Briles put together dynamic offenses during his time in Waco and had success at both FAU and Houston. But the FSU pieces – especially quarterback James Blackman – may not be a perfect match for what Briles wants to run. And if this experiment doesn't work, it will probably end Willie Taggart's tenure at Florida State.

Defense: Joshua Kaindoh, DE
An uber-recruit coming out of high school, the world is still waiting for Kaindoh to really make an impact. As a sophomore, he did have three sacks, but with Brian Burns off to the NFL, more is needed from the 6-foot-7, 256-pounder.

Louisville Cardinals

Offense: Malik Cunningham, QB
No one knows at this time whether Cunningham or Jawon Pass will win the starting quarterback job. What is known is that Cunningham is dangerous with the ball in his hands and must be utilized by new head coach Scott Satterfield.

Defense: Russ Yeast, S
Yeast came to Louisville with high expectations and showed promise as a freshman. But things unraveled last year to the point where the former four-star prospect considered transferring. Yeast returned and will now get a fresh start with a new coaching staff.

NC State Wolfpack

Offense: Tabari Hines, WR
After three very productive years at Wake Forest, knee issues limited Hines to just one game at Oregon last season. As a result, the 5-foot-10, 185-pounder was able to transfer for the second year in a row and will look to help ease the pain of losing 1,000-yard receivers Kelvin Harmon and Jakobi Meyers.

Defense: Alim NcNeill, DT
After a nice freshman season, McNeil is ready to shoulder a heavier load this fall. He gave a glimpse of what the future may hold in the final two regular season games as he registered six solo stops in the contests against North Carolina and East Carolina.

Syracuse Orange

Offense: Tommy DeVito, QB
The sophomore is different than previous Cuse quarterback, Eric Dungey. DeVito will stay in the pocket and won't look to run as much as Dungey. But if the Livingston, N.J., product can live up to his high school hype, the Syracuse offense will continue to pile up points.

Defense: Tyrell Richards, LB

With Alton Robinson at one end and Kendall Coleman at the other, Syracuse doesn't have a problem rushing the passer. But the sophomore Richards had three sacks in limited time last year and could provide a big threat on the outside.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article231988262.html (newsobserver.com; video; Alexander)

Lou Holtz, whose college coaching stops included NC State in the early 1970s, was in Raleigh as a guest speaker at The Cardinal at North Hills, with stories about his days with the Pack, Mack Brown's return to UNC and the state of college football.

2019 National TV on Someone Else's Contract (RX; HM)

2019 National TV on Someone Else's Contract

If you're going to play a non-conference away game, at least let it be on television...

Early season 2019 football TV schedule, ACC non-conference away games:

Saturday, Aug. 24
Miami vs. Florida (Orlando) – 7pm, ESPN (SEC)

Saturday, Aug. 31
Duke vs. Alabama (Atlanta) – 3:30pm, ABC (SEC)
N Carolina vs. S Carolina (Charlotte) – 3:30pm, ESPN (SEC)
Syracuse at Liberty – 6:00 PM, ESPN+ (Liberty)

Friday, Sept. 6
Wake Forest at Rice – 8:00pm, CBSSN (C-USA)

Saturday, Sept. 7
Syracuse at Maryland – 12pm, ESPN or ESPN2 (B1G)

Saturday, Sept. 14
Pittsburgh at Penn State – Noon, ABC (B1G)
NC State at West Virginia – Noon, FS1 (Big XII)
Louisville vs. W. Kentucky (Nashville) – 4:00 PM, Stadium (C-USA)

Saturday, Sept. 28
Virginia at Notre Dame – 3:30 PM, NBC (Notre Dame)

Humor: Wasserman has the Wrong L.A. Team (RX; HM)

Humor: Wasserman has the Wrong L.A. Team

Last night we talked about the Wacky Pac-12 News, but after some reflection, I've concluded that maybe UCLA to ACC isn't totally crazy, just the wrong L.A. team! Hear me out...

Let's say the ACC moves to 18 by adding U.S.C. + Stanford + Navy... put them in same division with Notre Dame... 5 ACC games (already) + 3 more = 8 conference games = a full football member... Voila! Notre Dame is All-In! (I'll take Wasserman's consulting fee now).

Here's what those divisions might look like:

Far-flung Division
Notre Dame
USC
Stanford
Navy
Boston College
Pitt
Syracuse
Louisville
Miami

ACC Division
Virginia
Va Tech
UNC
NC State
Duke
Wake Forest
Clemson
Ga Tech
Florida State

OR make it 20 teams by adding UCLA and Texas

Far-flung Division
Notre Dame
USC
Stanford
Navy
Boston College
Pitt
Syracuse
Louisville
UCLA
Texas

ACC Division
Virginia
Va Tech
UNC
NC State
Duke
Wake Forest
Clemson
Ga Tech
Florida State
Miami

Truly a national TV audience!

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/06/2019-finebaum-clown-show.html (RX; HM)

2019 Finebaum Clown Show

From Tigernet: Paul Finebaum declared "The ACC outside of Clemson is a clown show"

Clemson has been 'owning the SEC' with all of the recent victories including two out of three National Championship titles against SEC power Alabama.

Finebaum admits:

SEC Network Paul Finebaum told AL.com on Tuesday that the ACC is overrated besides Clemson and tried to discredit some of Swinney's biggest wins.
I know Finebaum is just parroting the standard SEC line, but is there any merit to it? What do the numbers say?

In the last 4 years (2015-18) the ACC is .500 vs. the SEC (23-23), with a winning record on the road but a losing record at neutral site games and break-even at home. That doesn't sound like a problem for the ACC to me!

What about the "big" stage? Let's also look at bowl games - but to keep the results as relevant as possible, only the last 3 head-to-head bowls, and even then only those played in the last 10 years:

Alabama
's last 3 bowl/post-season games vs. ACC teams:
2016 - CFP - lost to Clemson 31-35
2017 - Sugar - beat Clemson 24-6
2018 - CFP - lost to Clemson 16-44

Arkansas (only one bowl vs ACC in last decade)
2016 - Belk - lost to Va Tech 24-35

Auburn (only two bowls vs ACC in last decade)
2011 - Chick-fil-A - beat UVa 43-24
2013 - BCS (Rose) - lost to FSU 31-34

Florida (only one bowl vs ACC in last decade)
2012 - Sugar - lost to Louisville 23-33

Georgia (only one bowl vs ACC in last decade)
2014 - Belk - beat Louisville 37-14

Kentucky last 3
2009 - Music City - lost to Clemson 13-21
2010 - BBVA Compass - lost to Pitt 10-27
2016 - Taxslayer - lost to Ga Tech 18-33

LSU's last 3*
2014 - Music City - lost to Notre Dame* 31-28
2016 - Citrus - beat Louisville 29-9
2017 - Citrus - lost to Notre Dame 21-17

Miss. St last 3
2014 - Orange - lost to Ga Tech 34-49
2015 - Belk - beat NC State 51-28
2017 - Taxslayer - beat Louisville 31-27

Missouri (only one bowl vs ACC in last decade)
2011 - Independence - beat UNC 41-24

Other

MFEKLYXDJVC4LP6LDV5WFBWK5E.jpg

I-481’s jam-packed exit near Syracuse gets no relief in I-81 proposal (video) (PS; Weaver)

The overwhelming majority of Interstate 481 keeps traffic moving at normal speeds during daily rush hours in the Syracuse suburbs, according to state transportation records.

But there is one spot on I-481 that is currently jammed up during the evening drive home.

It’s Exit 3 on the southbound side.

Those are the ramps in DeWitt that lead to Fayetteville, to the area’s largest Wegmans and to tens of thousands of homes in Syracuse’s eastern suburbs. Nearly 58,000 vehicles travel on that section of I-481, on average, each day, according to state data.

“I am not surprised to hear that,” said Jessica Rice, who lives in DeWitt and works on University Hill. Most evenings, she says, she gets off I-481 at Jamesville Road, Exit 2, to avoid the traffic at Exit 3.
Yet the state’s proposed $2 billion Interstate 81 project to rework Syracuse’s highway system would do nothing to improve that DeWitt/Fayetteville exit, according to a review of the state’s plans by syracuse.com | The Post-Standard.

A state Department of Transportation official confirmed that. The current proposal “does not propose any changes at Exit 3,” spokesman Joseph Morrissey wrote in response to questions.
Finebaum is an idiot. We played LSU at LSU and shoulda beat them yet we were 4-8 that year. We supposedly had a down year in conference yet our best team beat their best bye 30+ points. He is a homer who should shut his mouth. I believe we had better head to head last few years also or better bowl records I’m not sure which.

Finebaum is an idiot. We played LSU at LSU and shoulda beat them yet we were 4-8 that year. We supposedly had a down year in conference yet our best team beat their best bye 30+ points. He is a homer who should shut his mouth. I believe we had better head to head last few years also or better bowl records I’m not sure which.

Better bowl record. The head-to-head is actually tied, 23-23.