Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
635600478553756761-Roosevelt-Bouie-7.jpg

Kendall basketball players Roosevelt Bouie (left) and his brother Nathaniel (right) Bob Gapsky

Welcome to World Afro Day!

World Afro Day is a global day of change that educates about and celebrates Afro hair, culture, and identity. Founder Michelle de Leon has stated that the vision for the day is "to create a platform to celebrate and educate people about Afro hair," and that "through annual events and a worldwide educational network, we will unite people globally in raising Afro hair to world class status through positive awareness and academic excellence." Historically, there has been bias against Afro hair in society, which has increased exclusion and feelings of inferiority and caused lasting effects on health and economic opportunity. Conversely, straight hair has been associated with success and beauty. As Afro hair is not regularly celebrated, especially on a global scale, the aim of World Afro Day is to change this.

After hearing her daughter sing about her natural hair, de Leon decided to start the day, because she wanted all children of African descent to feel positively about their hair like her daughter did. Once the mission of the day was established, a date had to be chosen. On September 15, 2016, a federal court ruled on a case in Alabama, deciding that companies could deny people employment if they had dreadlocks. Essentially, it ruled against Afro hair. De Leon, who is from London, England, decided that the first World Afro Day should be held on September 15, 2017, "to mark this dreadful law." During that first year, the day was endorsed by the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, it hosted a World Hair Education Lesson with 400 children and teachers taking part, and notables such as Miss USA 2016 Deshauna Barber and celebrity hairstylist Vernon François took part.

SU News

Bailey: Syracuse football's offense needs to improve in 'basically everything' - The Juice Online (the juice; Cheng)

Syracuse is coming off a frustrating week 2 loss to former Big East rival Rutgers on Saturday, and social media in the Orange universe was not friendly toward head coach Dino Babers.

We chatted about Babers’ job security, and the offense’s struggles with CuseNation.com‘s Stephen Bailey in this week’s The Juice on the Cuse Podcast, presented by SNY.tv.

“I don’t think it’s like he might get fired during the season hot,” Bailey said, when asked about the temperature of Babers’ hot seat. “I don’t think it’s a situation where we’re looking out to see if Dino is going to get fired.”

That said, Syracuse’s offense needs to improve if Babers wants to coach beyond this season.

In what specific areas?

Said Bailey: “Basically, everything.”

It starts with the quarterback play. Both Tommy DeVito and Garrett Shrader have struggled developing chemistry with their wide receivers. SU is averaging just 145.5 yards through the air through two games, good for 114th in the NCAA.

Last year, Syracuse’s offense relied on choice routes, which requires the quarterback and wide receiver to read coverages in the same way. This year, that’s been replaced by concept passing, where a receiver runs a set route.

While the quarterback knows exactly where the receiver is going, it’s also easier to defend against.

“That,” Bailey said, “needs to be sorted out.”

Syracuse QB Tommy DeVito assesses competition with Garrett Shrader: 'I've done exactly what I've needed to do' (247sports.com; Bailey)

Syracuse football quarterback Tommy DeVito expressed confidence in his performance through two games this fall. Speaking with media on Tuesday, the redshirt junior shared his perspective on a battle with Mississippi State transfer Garrett Shrader that has bled over from preseason camp into the season.

Head coach Dino Babers said on Monday that, after Shrader a planned three-drive appearance in SU's 17-7 loss to Rutgers on Saturday, both signal-callers would continue to get live game opportunities. DeVito, who has served as the Orange's starter when healthy the past two seasons, was unwavering in his responses.

He was asked initially if he was disappointed in his play versus Ohio and the Scarlet Knights.

"I'm not disappointed at all," DeVito said. "I've done what I've done and I know exactly what I've done. It's just -- it's Coach's decision."

When asked if he felt that he deserve to be named the full-time starter, DeVito said, "I've done exactly what I've needed to do on this field."

DeVito's comments were emboldened, but consistent with his perspective at the end of fall camp. He said then that believed that he created the separation Babers declared publicly necessary for him to make a decision.

Rutgers Football vs. Syracuse Film Study: Was the Offensive Line bailed out by Defense & Special Teams? (onthebanks.com; Anderson)

This football season, time permitting, I get to humor the Rutgers fan base (and myself personally) with a weekly film analysis. Last week, the Temple win was covered here. I expected going into the game that I would need to quell the social media storm of Isaih Pacheco critics, but it became more than that as the fan base was split on how much of the Syracuse pressure was due to A. Rutgers not setting the protection, B. Offensive line breakdowns, or C. Rutgers not threatening Syracuse vertically at all. Luckily, the post-mortem comes in a victory.

Live takeaways (hindsight after review in parentheses)

• Noah Vedral was accurate throwing short, but not long. (VERDICT: Accurate, though he was on target with the Haskins TD).
  • Rutgers running backs all did well when they were not greeted in the backfield. (VERDICT: Very accurate. Pacheco, Monangai, and Young were greeted in the backfield way too often).
  • Both teams tackled extremely well. (VERDICT: The only guy who broke tackles regularly on either team was Shameen Jones).
  • The Rutgers DBs played incredibly, including Kessawn Abraham who was up and down against Temple. (VERDICT: It wasn’t perfect, Tre Avery was trailing a receiver once or twice, but even then the window was tight. Avery Young didn’t play as well as week one either, but the DBs were the biggest part of the reason Syracuse couldn’t pass).
  • Rutgers got pressure with their front four which allowed them to play so many men in coverage. (VERDICT: Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Rutgers relied on slanting just as Syracuse did which is boom or bust. Getting pressure not on obvious passing downs with just the front four wasn’t awesome, but maybe the Syracuse offensive line ends up being decent).

UAlbany football gearing up for visit to the Carrier Dome to face Syracuse (news10.com; Phillips)

UAlbany football has faced a tough opening schedule, leading to an 0-2 start. It won’t get any easier this Saturday when they head to the Carrier Dome to take on Syracuse.

The Orange are coming off a tough loss as well, falling 17-7 at home to Rutgers on Saturday. This will be the Great Danes’ second game in a dome in three weeks, as they face another hostile environment.

UAlbany didn’t need any more motivation coming off a tough conference loss, but Syracuse head coach Dino Babers added some fuel to the fire Monday.

“First of all for the kids coming up it’s their Superbowl,” Babers said. “They were never a three star, they’re not a two star. You know they didn’t have any expectations.”

“They’re not leaving schools because they’re not playing,” Babers said. “They love the game and that’s why they’re there.”

“It’s really not any more important to our kids,” UAlbany head coach Greg Gattuso said. “Of course they want to win and of course they want to play well. It’s a bigger stage and there’s no question but the Superbowl is probably a little over the top.”

Babers wasn’t exactly talking down on the Danes, but UAlbany has some bulletin board material for Saturday. Kickoff is set for noon.

Mike Lindsley says Syracuse football is pathetic and there is no hope this season already after an embarrassing loss to Rutgers.

Wake Up Call with Dan Tortora brings you the story of football coach Bill Blankenship from the man himself with thoughts also on the current state of high school & professional football, followed by Syracuse Football Q&A's with Head Coach Dino Babers, CB Garrett Williams, LG Chris Bleich, QB Tommy DeVito, LB Mikel Jones, DE Caleb Okechuwku, & WR Taj Harris, & the "Ingredients to Success", Proudly Presented by Avicolli's Restaurant!

Exit 31 09-14-21 (ESPN; radio; Rain & Spencer)

On today’s Exit 31, Rain and Spencer talk to Tommy Sladek from CNY Central, Mike McAllister from Syracuse on SI, Jordan Ranaan ESPN Writer for the Giants and Mike Curtis from Syracuse dot com, plus more! Listen Here!

On The Block On Demand 9-14 (ESPN; radio; Axe)

Brent starts the show begging Coach Babers and the Syracuse offense to keep it simple and put the defense in position to win games. Later, he chats with the great Carmelo Anthony about his time at SU and his life on and off the court. LISTEN HERE

83dbb7de-29a1-41d3-a447-9e80cc4ffe41-medium16x9_MARYDOMEMASKINGcbspkg_frame_38.jpg

Maskless fans at Dome during Syracuse football gets attention of mayor, county executive (cnycentral.com)

The maskless fans caught on video and photo during Syracuse University's football home opener have also caught the attention of Syracuse and Onondaga County leaders who say they were disappointed fans didn't follow the rules.

Nearly 32,000 fans showed up to the Carrier Dome Saturday for the football game and were required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test or vaccination card. They were also required to wear masks, but many, did not.

Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh said Tuesday at a community briefing at City Hall that he was concerned after seeing the lack of masks in the crowd.

“I watched much of the game, and in addition to being disappointed by the loss,” Walsh said. “I was disappointed that more people weren't following the rules and wearing masks."

Walsh told CNY Central that he hopes fans will decide to mask up for the next home game this weekend.

“We're in regular communication with the university, they briefed us on their plans for bringing fans back into the Dome, and so, we'll see what the data looks like, and if there's reason to follow-up with them and voice those concerns, I won't hesitate from doing that," he said.

Onondaga County Executive Ryan McMahon said on Tuesday in Liverpool that the county never put a mask policy for the arena in place, but the university did.

“It is impossible to enforce mask-wearing with lots of people," said McMahon.

1200x0.jpg

UAlbany football coach: No way that Syracuse is Great Danes' Super Bowl (timesunion.com; Snigelais)

UAlbany football coach: No way that Syracuse is Great Danes' Super Bowl
It was pretty easy to detect the sarcasm coming from University at Albany football coach Greg Gattuso, who took issue with a comparison made by Syracuse head coach Dino Baber a day earlier.

"We've got to play well," Gattuso said Tuesday. "It is, after all, the Super Bowl for us, from what I hear. So we're just going to go up there and play our best game."

"I'm being sarcastic," Gattuso added, in case anyone misunderstood.

At a news conference on Monday, Babers was asked about the difference between athletes at the Football Championship Subdivision level, which includes UAlbany, and the Football Bowl Subdivision, to which Syracuse belongs. The Great Danes are playing the Orange for the first time at noon Saturday in the Carrier Dome.

"First of all, for the kids coming up (from FCS), it's their Super Bowl," said Babers, who has coached at Eastern Illinois of the FCS.

Gattuso said that's a gross overstatement.

"Not even remotely close," Gattuso said. "We don't see it that way. It's really not any more important to our kids. Of course, they want to win the game. Of course, they want to play well. It's a bigger stage and there's no question, but Super Bowl is probably a little over the top, to say the least."

UAlbany coach Jeff Undercuffler sidestepped the issue as he might an onrushing defensive end.

"I just personally like being the underdog and I just can't wait to lead my guys into the Carrier Dome," he said. "We've just got to play Albany football. That's all that matters. Coach said after practice in the huddle, 'I'm not worried about Syracuse, I'm not worried about this and that. I'm worried about Albany.' At the end of the day, that's 100 percent true."

There is a recent precedent for an upset. Jacksonville State of FCS beat Florida State, an Atlantic Coast Conference rival of Syracuse, 20-17 last Saturday on a touchdown as time expired in Tallahassee.

Syracuse season hits early skid after loss to Rutgers (AP; Kekis)

A season that started with a measure of promise for Syracuse suddenly has hit the skids.

The Orange's season-opening win at Ohio seemed like a distant memory after Saturday's 17-7 loss to Rutgers in the first game with fans in the Carrier Dome in 650 days. It was an uninspired start to a three-game homestand against nonconference foes that figured to give Syracuse a chance to show last year's 10-loss season was an aberration.

Six sacks by the Scarlet Knights of the Big Ten — five on starter Tommy DeVito, the other on newcomer Garrett Shrader — brought back unpleasant recent memories for a team that allowed 38 sacks last year and 50 the year before.

“Last year, that doesn’t matter to me,” Orange coach Dino Babers said this week. “The thing that matters is we’re not going to do this again this year. We need to be better. That’s the bottom line.”

The Orange defense played well. It held Rutgers to 198 yards on offense and registered four sacks. But the Scarlet Knights had no turnovers, Syracuse committed three, and Babers was given a costly penalty by the Big Ten officiating crew for questioning a call midway through the third quarter of a scoreless game. The Scarlet Knights scored a touchdown on the next play.

"I didn’t use any profanity, but I guess my English was too strong,” Babers said.

One thing that's lacking is a clear choice at quarterback, and it shows. Syracuse ranks last in the Atlantic Coast Conference in passing (145.5 yards per game) and is one of three Power Five teams without a touchdown pass (Wisconsin and Kansas State are the others).

DeVito entered last season as the starter but missed the final seven games with a foot injury and now has competition in Shrader, a dual-threat transfer from Mississippi State.

“My biggest thing is I want somebody to win it on the field," Babers said. "Remove all doubt. Don’t leave the decision up to me. They need to get it done.”

Syracuse Football: Post-Rutgers musings of a confused Orange fan (itlh; Abramo)

Our football guru provides some of his thoughts about Syracuse football following its week-two setback.

“It’s not their fault…They didn’t know,” said Syracuse football head coach Dino Babers.

This is a small piece of the masterful postgame speech that Babers gave to his team following its 2016 defeat of the then highly-touted and 16th ranked Virginia Tech Hokies squad.

I love Dino’s passion. And I really love his energy. It is something that, prior to his arrival, we had lacked in the Syracuse football coaching ranks for many years (Scott Shafer and Doug “Dream Job” Marrone had their positives, but the fact is, this level of energy was not one of them).

Since the beginning, I’ve deeply wanted to believe that this passion and spirit would be enough to compensate for some of, what appears to be, deficiencies that he brings to the table.

Are they enough?

I used to think so.

Now?

I don’t know.

I drive up from New Jersey for as many Syracuse football games as I can, and more and more I find myself leaving games completely baffled by play calling and roster management decisions I had just witnessed, decisions that seemingly are misaligned with the decisions I see so often made by coaches of programs that haven’t lost 11 of their last 13 games. I find myself asking more and more questions with each perplexing performance.

• How can we call it a fair QB battle when the known commodity gets 80% of the plays and the unknown commodity barely gets any?
  • Why are we punting away the ball in must-score situations…or in some cases leaving timeouts on the table…in still competitive games in the 4th quarter?
  • Why do we rely on the defense to make their 10th, 15th, or 20th big play of the day before we lean on the offense to make one?
  • Why do we continue to allow the roster to hemorrhage talent at the tight end position rather than incorporate them into the passing game?
  • Why has our recruiting completely stagnated? Why are so many recruits leaving so soon after arriving? Some before even playing a single game?
  • Why do we continue to run such a limited passing offense? Huge swaths of the field are ignored. And as I mentioned above, tight ends in most offenses are thrown the ball from time to time, yet we have simply abandoned the position as a source of receptions.
  • Why change punters in the middle of a game…especially in such a close and competitive game?

ACC Football Notebook: Week 3 (augustafreepress.com)

Week 3 of the ACC football schedule is highlighted by three league matchups and three non-conference games against Power 5 competition. The conference slate includes two 3:30 p.m. games – Georgia Tech at Clemson on ABC and Florida State at Wake Forest on ESPN. The ACC Network primetime game at 7:30 p.m. features Virginia at North Carolina in “The South’s Oldest Rivalry.”

A pair of games match the ACC against the Big Ten – a member of the three-conference Alliance along with the Pac-12. Miami welcomes Michigan State to Hard Rock Stadium for a noon kickoff on ABC, while Duke plays host to Northwestern at 4 p.m. on ACCN. Last week, the ACC and Big Ten split a pair of games with Virginia knocking off Illinois, 42-14, and Rutgers downing Syracuse, 17-7.

News and Notes

• The ACC was 11-3 last week against non-conference competition. The 11 wins equal the league-record set twice previously in 2014 (week two) and 2019 (week two). The ACC’s 18 non-conference wins this seasons ranks second among Power 5 conferences. ACC teams play eight total non-conference games in week three, including six against FBS schools and two against FCS competition.
  • No. 6 Clemson, No. 15 Virginia Tech, No. 21 North Carolina and No. 24 Miami are ranked in the AP Top 25 poll (Sept. 12). Boston College and Pitt are receiving votes. The Tigers have been ranked in 105 consecutive AP polls, the second-longest active streak in the country. This is the sixth straight season the Hokies have been ranked for at least one week.
  • In the USA Today AFCA coaches top 25 poll, Clemson is No. 6, Virginia Tech is No. 15 and North Carolina is No. 19. Miami, Pitt, Boston College and Virginia are receiving votes.
  • Three ACC Quarterbacks were named to the Davey O’Brien Award’s Great 8 weekly list for their performances in week two – Virginia’s Brennan Armstrong, North Carolina’s Sam Howell and Pitt’s Kenny Pickett. Armstrong, who was the ACC QB of the Week, was also named a Manning Award Star of the Week after throwing for 405 yards and five touchdowns in a win over Illinois.
  • Eight different quarterbacks from ACC schools started in the NFL in week one – most of any conference. Those players come from seven different schools, including Boston College’s Matt Ryan (Falcons), Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence (Jaguars), Duke’s Daniel Jones (Giants), Florida State’s Jameis Winston (Saints), Louisville’s Teddy Bridgewater (Broncos) and Lamar Jackson (Ravens), NC State’s Russell Wilson (Seahawks) and Virginia Tech’s Tyrod Taylor (Texans).
  • Eleven ACC quarterbacks have made 10 or more career starts, led by Pitt’s Kenny Pickett with 38. Five ACC QBs – Miami’s D’Eriq King (35), Florida State’s McKenzie Milton (34), Louisville’s Malik Cunningham (27), North Carolina’s Sam Howell (27) and Wake Forest’s Sam Hartman (21) – have made 20 or more starts.
Miami football battling with UNC behind Va Tech in ACC Coastal power rankings (caneswarning.com; Rubenstein)

The Miami football team is battling with North Carolina behind Virginia Tech in the ACC Coastal Division power rankings. Depending on the national media outlet, the Hurricanes and Tar Heels are second and third with Virginia Tech first. The Hokies have started 2-0 in 2021 including a season-opening victory over the Tar Heels.

Miami barely escaped Appalachian State on Saturday with a 25-23 victory for its first 2021 win. North Carolina won its first game of 2021 59-17 over Appalachian State’s Sun Belt East rival Georgia State. The loss by North Carolina to Virginia Tech makes the Hurricanes and Tar Heels game on October 16 more significant.

Miami will travel to Chapel Hill in what should be one of the two biggest games in the Coastal Division in 2021. Virginia Tech at Miami on November 20 takes on added significance because of the Hokies victory over the Tar Heels. The loss by North Carolina to Virginia Tech helps Miami in the ACC Coastal Division chase.

The Miami football team can afford a loss to North Carolina if they defeat Virginia Tech and still win the ACC Coastal. That scenario is very possible. It is not likely Miami, North Carolina and Virginia Tech would finish 7-1 in the ACC even if the three split their games against each other. Miami is ranked third in the ACC by 247 Sports.

3. MIAMI HURRICANES (1-1)
Last week’s ranking
: 2
Last game: 25-23 win over Appalachian State
Miami, plagued by injuries, survived a scare from Appalachian State, as the Hurricanes rallied from a halftime deficit. D’Eriq King led a 10-play, 55-yard drive in the fourth that set up freshman Andy Borregales to kick the go-ahead field goal from 43-yards out with just over two minutes remaining.
King finished 20 of 33 for 200 yards passing and added 79 yards rushing, while Cam’Ron Harris paced the team with 18 carries for 91 yards and a touchdown.
Next game: Saturday vs. Michigan State
Clemson is obviously first in the 247 Sports ACC power rankings and Virginia Tech. ESPN has Top 25 overall College Football power rankings. Clemson is ranked seventh nationally, Virginia Tech 17th and North Carolina 20th. Miami fell out of the ESPN power rankings after being in their top 20 last week.

Those were the subjective ESPN power rankings. The more objective ESPN Football Power Index ranks Clemson fourth, North Carolina 11th, Virginia Tech 19th and Miami 20th overall. CBS Sports ranked all 130 FBS teams. Clemson is fifth nationally followed by Virginia Tech at 15, North Carolina 26th and Miami 30th.

The ACC in SP+, Week 2: NC State takes a dive but remains in league’s top half (backingthe pack.com; Muma)

The ACC had itself a better week, though that was kind of inevitable given the cupcakes on the schedule. Pittsburgh picked up a decent win at Tennessee, Virginia clobbered Illinois, and Miami managed to fend off App State. Not so bad!

On the other end of the spectrum, there’s whatever NC State was doing, and Syracuse lost at home to Rutgers, and Florida State, um...

The ACC After Week 2

TeamWk 2 SP+ (Rank)Rank ChangeOffense RankDefense Rank
Clemson24.1 (4)2116
UNC19.6 (12)10442
Miami13.6 (21)43028
Virginia Tech13.5 (22)21738
Virginia10.6 (32)13147
Pitt10.0 (36)-96018
NC State7.2 (47)-187331
Louisville4.3 (58)162494
BC4.2 (60)-242795
FSU3.5 (64)-154681
Georgia Tech2.9 (66)137754
Wake Forest2.3 (68)-56967
Syracuse-4.5 (89)-610460
Duke-4.8 (92)199780
The ACC Calamity of the Week goes to FSU in a runaway after giving up a 59-yard touchdown pass as time expired to lose to Jacksonville State. And after all the goodwill the Seminoles earned by taking Notre Dame to overtime.

NC State may have played like a hot steaming pile of crapola but at least that didn’t happen.

JHowell's Computer Picks for Week 3, 2021 (RX; HM)

JHowell's Computer Picks for Week 3, 2021

Below are the projections for ACC-related games through 9-18-21 (plus a bonus game of interest to ACC fans). Games against non-rated teams are excluded. The favorite is listed first with the projected margin of victory (i.e., the line) in parenthesis. 'TP' represents the total number of points expected to be scored in the game and 'Odds' represents the odds of the favorite winning straight-up (not against-the-spread).

Friday, September 17, 2021

#14-Central Florida (-10) @ #71-Louisville (TP=66 Odds=.664)
#75-Maryland (-4) @ #106-Illinois (TP=57 Odds=.572) * BONUS Game *

Saturday, September 18, 2021

#6-Notre Dame (-19.5) vs. #68-Purdue (TP=57 Odds=.823)
#7-Clemson (-18) vs. #96-Georgia Tech (TP=44 Odds=.869)
#19-Virginia Tech (-3) @ #56-West Virginia (TP=52 Odds=.562)
#27-Pittsburgh (-14.5) vs. #88-Western Michigan (TP=59 Odds=.745)
#33-Miami (Florida) (-5.5) vs. #50-Michigan State (TP=50 Odds=.617)
#44-Boston College (-9.5) @ #102-Temple (TP=62 Odds=.658)
#45-Wake Forest (-14.5) vs. #98-Florida State (TP=61 Odds=.744)
#46-North Carolina (-1.5) vs. #32-Virginia (TP=56 Odds=.529)
#59-Northwestern (-2.5) @ #90-Duke (TP=53 Odds=.551)

2021 US News Undergrad Rankings (RX; HM)

2021 US News Undergrad Rankings

From the official ACC release of Tuesday, September 14, 2021...

ACC Schools Again Earn High Marks in ‘Best College’ Rankings
GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – For the 15th consecutive year, the Atlantic Coast Conference leads the way among Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) conferences in the “Best Colleges” rankings released by U.S. News & World Report.
Notables from this year’s rankings:
The ACC has led the FBS conferences in best average rank in each of the last 15 years.
The average rank of ACC schools is 55, which leads all FBS Conferences and is five percentage points ahead of the next-closest peer conference.
The ACC’s three schools among the top 25 of this year’s rankings ties for the most among peer conferences.
The ACC's seven schools ranked in the top 40 are the most among FBS conferences.
The ACC’s 11 member schools among the top 60 are also the most among peer conferences, as are its 14 institutions among the top 80.
On Aug. 24, the ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 announced an historic alliance that brings 41 world-class institutions together on a collaborative approach surrounding the future evolution of college athletics and scheduling. Thirty-five Alliance schools rank among the top 100 of this year’s “Best Colleges” report.
For more information and the complete list, visit U.S. News and World Report “Best Colleges” rankings: https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges

ACC: mean 55.1 (median 55)
B10: mean 60.1 (median 61)
Pac-12: mean 82.7 (median 99)
SEC: mean 110.9 (median 119.5)
B12: mean 137.8 (median 124.5)

2021 Week 3 Championship Odds (RX; HM)

2021 Week 3 Championship Odds

CFP title odds shift again following Ohio State loss

While Alabama and Georgia have separated themselves from the rest of the country in terms of CFP Championship odds, there's been a ton of volatility below the top two through two weeks of the regular season.
SportsBetting.ag reset its college football title odds Sunday morning. The Tide and Bulldogs are the overwhelming favorites, but take a look at some of the early-season movement for the rest of the contenders.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: These odds are provided strictly for informational purposes. We recognize that many fans appreciate knowing how outsiders view their team's "odds of winning". However, neither Hokie Mark nor ACCFootballRx supports, endorses, or condones gambling. We strongly urge you NOT TO GAMBLE! Use this information as it is intended by us: for informational and entertainment purposes only.
Title Odds Changes After Week 1
Georgia 8-1 to 4-1
Clemson 4-1 to 7-1
Notre Dame 20-1 to 50-1
Oklahoma 7-1 to 8-1
Ohio State 9-1 to 6-1
Penn State 100-1 to 50-1
LSU 30-1 to 50-1
Title Odds Changes After Week 2
Ohio State 6-1 to 10-1
Oregon 40-1 to 12-1
Texas A&M 15-1 to 20-1
Iowa State 25-1 to 80-1
Iowa 100-1 to 50-1
Penn State 50-1 to 40-1
USC 50-1 to 150-1
Texas 50-1 to 100-1
Arkansas 500-1 to 300-1
Below is the full list of 2021-22 CFP National Championship odds. Odds are subject to change and you can find current numbers here: https://www.sportsbetting.ag//futures-and-props/ncaaf-futures

Most Overrated CFB Teams? (RX; HM)

Most Overrated CFB Teams?​

Twitter America tabs Notre Dame as the most overrated college football team - at least, across the most states...
In a Twitter survey conducted this week that tracked more than 230,000 tweets, the majority of Americans believe that Notre Dame is the most overrated college football team in the country.
The analysis was done by online bookmaker BetOnline.ag, and the company geo-tracked keywords per state such as "overrated," "overrated football team," "overrated college team" and "most overrated."
With the results, the team created an infomap that displays each state's selection. Notre Dame led the way with 23 states while North Carolina, which lost to Virginia Tech, ranked second with 12 states.

You can view and download the map to use for your content here: overrated cfb team 2021 logo.png

I'm seeing a pattern in the first two letters of the two most overrated teams here...

Other

CJNVHD6GRFGRZPYTSGRX6ORNAE.jpg

Proposal for redeveloping Hinerwadel’s land rejected by town (PS; $; Moriarty)

The town of Clay has rejected a proposal by three developers who planned to redevelop the site of the former Hinerwadel’s Grove into a mix of commercial/retail and residential.

The developer needed zone changes for the 30-acre site at 5300 W. Taft Road, and the town voted in August not to grant these changes. The planning board, which also reviewed the application, recommended the town reject the plan.

In its vote to turn down the zone changes, the board said the proposed use was too dense for the site and would create too much traffic.

Town board officials said in their findings the plan would negatively impact neighbors whose homes border the property. The use is “too intensive” for the site, and would be disruptive to neighbors, they said.

Residents spoke out at several public hearings, saying they were concerned about traffic increases on local roads and at intersections. They also said they were concerned about increased noise, and also felt it wasn’t a good fit for their neighborhood.

HInerwadel’s closed in 2018, and the property has been vacant since then.

The plan called for two commercial buildings - later revealed to be a grocery store and auto parts store- on the front portion of the parcel. On the back side, there were to be 23 residential buildings with a mix of duplexes along with townhomes.

I thought Babers said they did not go to the concept passing yet? That they would go that route if the option routes were not working well enough?