For those who watched the SU-Duke game at C-NS ... | Syracusefan.com

For those who watched the SU-Duke game at C-NS ...

The novelty of it all was great. Great crowd. Lots of foot rumbling on the metal bleachers.

Dome brings the recruits and the mystique...todays game better atmosphere and much better buzz than any dome game in a long time.

This...and build it with nice amenities and use it for soccer too. Also, HS Football could use it when possible.

Sounds like Coyne

I thought it looked and sounded great on TV.

Game announcers initially were very praising of the crowd and the atmosphere, although they ripped the premature fan departures later.

If SU can't/doesn't want to revive Coyne or create a new one, I think they could do worse than have one game every year at C-NS and promote it as a happening.

I thought it looked and sounded great on TV.

Game announcers initially were very praising of the crowd and the atmosphere, although they ripped the premature fan departures later.

If SU can't/doesn't want to revive Coyne or create a new one, I think they could do worse than have one game every year at C-NS and promote it as a happening.
I think you do one game a year, but pick a different school every year. That gives each school the opportunity to use their boosters to sell consessions and make money for said school.

I think you do one game a year, but pick a different school every year. That gives each school the opportunity to use their boosters to sell consessions and make money for said school.

How many HS's in the area have the seating capacity and the ability to support TV broadcasts?

How many HS's in the area have the seating capacity and the ability to support TV broadcasts?

Interesting idea. In addition to C-NS, Liverpool, CBA, F-M and Baldwinsville come to mind as local high schools with turf fields, seating capacity, lights and press boxes that could be suitable for this. In the past, Time Warner used to televise high school football and lacrosse games from those venues, and I thought the production values were good. It sucks that Spectrum has dropped local high school sports.

Interesting idea. In addition to C-NS, Liverpool, CBA, F-M and Baldwinsville come to mind as local high schools with turf fields, seating capacity, lights and press boxes that could be suitable for this. In the past, Time Warner used to televise high school football and lacrosse games from those venues, and I thought the production values were good. It sucks that Spectrum has dropped local high school sports.

Spectrum sucks in general from what I can tell.

CNS couldn't do Concessions. Was told it would be an NCAA violation (Im part of the Booster club, my son plays at CNS)

Not sure how it related to being outdoors at a HS stadium - but you could hear Desko a lot more clearly, particularly at the end of the game when he was yelling at the attack to "Dodge" and "Take him." Carcaterra mentioned it at one point.

CNS couldn't do Concessions. Was told it would be an NCAA violation (Im part of the Booster club, my son plays at CNS)
So who did? The concessions under the stands were open. I just assumed it was cns people.

Bville has that new lighting led from the local company as well. I made a comment that I could hear every word through the PA much clearer than at the dome. That will be fixed with the renovation, but funny none the less.

It wouldn't take too much to add seating to the soccer stadium to accomplish this. I think it makes sense.
The soccer stadium is on campus.

The soccer stadium has far better seats because they are on top of the field instead of behind a track.

The men’s soccer team is thriving, has had some sellouts and could use more seating in the facility.

There is room to add seats.

It could be used for the spring football game, the preseason fan open practice (if they ever happen again), and maybe even commencement if the Dome is not available because of the renovation.

I think expanding the soccer stadium is inevitable. Maybe it should be done now to help address schedling problems and maximize home field advantage. One problem: the soccer field is top notch but is grass. How much of a problem would it be for the lacrosse teams to play home games on grass for a while? Or how big of a deal would it be if the soccer field was change to field turf, for a while, or permanently?

I think most ACC lax schools have a smallish (around 8K) stadium for soccer and lacrosse. Would we be better served to have this too, and maybe play some of the big lax games in the Dome? What approach would help lacrosse and soccer the most?

Klöckner Stadium - Wikipedia

Soccer & Lacrosse Stadium - University of North Carolina Athletics

Koskinen Stadium

Last edited:
I dont think CNS could directly do the concessions and take the money, not sure how that differs on how its done in the dome though.

I dont think CNS could directly do the concessions and take the money, not sure how that differs on how its done in the dome though.

I recall seeing servers at the Dome concession stands wearing HS booster club hats and shirts during SU games (maybe from Liverpool HS?). If they can do it at the Dome, why not at a HS stadium?

Love this idea, especially the idea of rotating it, and I think it would be tremendous for promoting the game and the program in the region, since going to the Hill can be a hassle for fans with mobility issues, little kids, etc. There might even be a way to tie in some type of charitable issue.

Potential roadblocks: weather and opponent. I doubt the school would want to move games against ACC teams and other high-profile opponents off campus -- "live, from Canastota High, it's Syracuse and Hopkins!" -- and even in down years, Hobart, Cornell and probably Albany would pull decent crowds. That leaves the Little Sisters of the Poor (Siena, Binghamton, et. al.) that typically are on the schedule early ... like February early. That creates a significant weather risk: The Blizzard of '93 hit in mid-March.

Still, I'd love to see it happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom