Forced download from this website? | Syracusefan.com

Forced download from this website?

suttree

2nd String
For a while now, I've been concerned about a pop-up screen that the basketball board's been giving me at least once or twice each day. It talks about how I really need to update my Adobe program, and helpfully offers an unsolicited link for me to do so. Typically, I just close the extra browser tab and forget about it. But today, for the first time, a file began downloading without me clicking on anything at all.

The file name is fl_install.exe (which I immediately deleted), and the URL appears to be www.easymovieupgrader.info. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm browsing with Chrome, and I suspect that this is some kind of Hoya sabotage scheme. They're just that desperate.

I haven't had any trouble with this site but it has happened on another website - also using Google Chome. And it's nobody's business what the other website is :)

This happened to me a couple times and I was not too happy about it.

It popped up for the first time for me today. Was on the screen about 3 seconds, and as I was trying to read it, it went away I was directed to the front page of this site.

it is either a malware virus, obviously you should not click on it, or from reading I believe it also maybe a conflict with adobe flash player and the flash player that google chrome uses you should enable one or the other but not both

Last edited:
Same here, usually after I click on a thread from the front page.

I get it at least once a day, and just close out of it every time.

Newer ads want to use the most recent version of flash. Update Adobe and the problem will be solved.

Newer ads want to use the most recent version of flash. Update Adobe and the problem will be solved.

It's not Adobe dude. I turned off my adblock to check this thing out. The file isn't an Adobe file, it doesn't update anything, it's adware, you need to contact your webhost and get rid of this crap. It's old adware from the XP era, you're going to get the site flagged if you don't address it.

It's a phishing scam as I found out in late October when I stupidly downloaded it. It's a fake ad for Adobe. Don't download anything from that ad.

Cheers,
Neil

This site is scanned real time and has NO malware. None.

For a while now, I've been concerned about a pop-up screen that the basketball board's been giving me at least once or twice each day. It talks about how I really need to update my Adobe program, and helpfully offers an unsolicited link for me to do so. Typically, I just close the extra browser tab and forget about it. But today, for the first time, a file began downloading without me clicking on anything at all.

The file name is fl_install.exe (which I immediately deleted), and the URL appears to be www.easymovieupgrader.info. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm browsing with Chrome, and I suspect that this is some kind of Hoya sabotage scheme. They're just that desperate.

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=Syracusefan.com

http://scanurl.net/?u=Syracusefan.com&uesb=Check+This+URL#results

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show_mobile?name=easymovieupgrader.info

It seems like only Google Chrome users are affected.

So ... when was the last time anybody updated their Chrome? The latest version is 39.0.2171.65.

So ... when was the last time anybody updated their Chrome? The latest version is 39.0.2171.65.

Google Chrome autoupdates, it shouldn't be a problem.

It popped up for the first time for me today. Was on the screen about 3 seconds, and as I was trying to read it, it went away I was directed to the front page of this site.

Has it happened since?

Good point. Chrome users should set up auto update.

aa_zpsdaeed32d.png

I just got it, my Google Chrome is up to date.

I need to know if anyone is still getting the pop-up. If you get one today, please reply to this thread.

Had the same problem about 4-5 different times when trying to enter basketball board. I'm using IE. Link is below:
http://www.favdownloads.com/download/Utilities/Adobe-Flash-Player/?a=14490&f=test&subid=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom