Forum Bare Bones | Syracusefan.com

Forum Bare Bones

kingtidge

All American
Is this stripped down UI format of the forum that appears randomly throughout the day based on server load?

(i.e. during heavy load the "lite" version loads for speed/load sake?)

...Or is their something else going on?

I noticed the frequency of this mode ratched up during march madness... but it seems to be a permanent frequency now.

FWIW, I find the stripped-down UI difficult to follow and from a usability perspective, I leave the site rather than deal with it in most instances... Very Web 1.0.

When that happens to me I close my browser tab and open the forum in a new one and it immediately fixes the issue.

No idea what you are referring to.

Is this stripped down UI format of the forum that appears randomly throughout the day based on server load?

(i.e. during heavy load the "lite" version loads for speed/load sake?)

...Or is their something else going on?

I noticed the frequency of this mode ratched up during march madness... but it seems to be a permanent frequency now.

FWIW, I find the stripped-down UI difficult to follow and from a usability perspective, I leave the site rather than deal with it in most instances... Very Web 1.0.

No idea what you are referring to.

hmmm... well, I have seen other people mention it in recent weeks and I can confirm it is happening in Chrome on Win XP, WIN Vista and WIN 7...

Would seem the platform has a browser compatability problem then if it's not a load issue...

To clarify... I am uploading a screenshot, as it just happened again...

Pretty much happens every visit to the forum at this point after a few good page loads, the page display degrades to what you see below...

It's as if the site CSS won't load or something...

forum-bb.jpg

I'll be installing the most recent version of the script once it has proven to be stable. That's the best I can do.

hmmm... well, I have seen other people mention it in recent weeks and I can confirm it is happening in Chrome on Win XP, WIN Vista and WIN 7...

Would seem the platform has a browser compatability problem then if it's not a load issue...

I have found the issue to be ISP related. At home where my connection is good I never see it. At work were my connection can sometimes be spotty depending on who is illegally downloading what .. it comes and goes. Like I said above simply closing the tab and reopening never fails to fix it for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom