Forward Rotation | Syracusefan.com

Forward Rotation

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
I read somewhere the difference in plus/minus between Braswell and Griffin was 23 points. I know Griffin can score, but that's all he's doing right now and he makes a lot of bad decisions on offense. Braswell seems to be good at everything besides scoring, but he can make open shots. Would have really liked to see more of Braswell as UNC seemed to have a tougher time scoring when he was in there and Griffin is too small to be competing on the glass with a team like UNC. Nothing bad seems to happen when he's in there. JB (I know I am speaking to a brick wall) really needs to trust that he can put him and there and it could have helped us win.

I read somewhere the difference in plus/minus between Braswell and Griffin was 23 points. I know Griffin can score, but that's all he's doing right now and he makes a lot of bad decisions at time. Braswell seems to be good at everything besides scoring, but he can make open shots. Would have really liked to see more of Braswell as UNC seemed to have a tougher time scoring when he was in there and Griffin is too small to be competing on the glass with a team like UNC. Nothing bad seems to happen when he's in there. JB (I know I am speaking to a brick wall) really needs to trust that he can put him and there and it could have helped us win.

Agree Braswell should have seen more minutes in the second half. I'm not sure how much he'd help on the boards, but his defense would be an improvement.

I read somewhere the difference in plus/minus between Braswell and Griffin was 23 points. I know Griffin can score, but that's all he's doing right now and he makes a lot of bad decisions on offense. Braswell seems to be good at everything besides scoring, but he can make open shots. Would have really liked to see more of Braswell as UNC seemed to have a tougher time scoring when he was in there and Griffin is too small to be competing on the glass with a team like UNC. Nothing bad seems to happen when he's in there. JB (I know I am speaking to a brick wall) really needs to trust that he can put him and there and it could have helped us win.
I think JB had been getting comfortable using Newton as Griff’s sub, and Woody not being available has thrown JB off. He still doesn’t trust Bras yet.

Yeah, I was sort of surprised we got no Bobby B in the second half.

I like AG's hustle- he certainly isn't lacking for energy. However, just as with all the rest, you gotta sit people at times for their own good and not just play people for the "eventual 3" imo. We seem really content to lose games waiting for the heat check box to get checked.

Sit him, let him watch - coach 'em up, and you can always sub them back in - no rule against that.

i feel like playing time is divvied up in the offseason.

recruits are promised things to commit to go to schools...and the new transfer culture and portal etc doesnt help...

I wonder if coaches could really be candid about this what they would say behind closed doors.

in the UNC game i thought griffin was a huge net negative and braswell was a positive.

I guess this is a bit off topic but when was the last good transfer we had with team success. I guess G? Andrew white was good but team wasn’t. Griffin to me is more geno Thorpe then G or andrew white. Not sure why he is getting this long leash.

wow
there are takes and then there are takes
I would like to clarify my point. Cause I think you are cherry picking what you want to read on that. It isn’t “as hot” or outlandish as you are making it. All I am saying is if you take a G or andrew white off their particular team that team falls apart. If you take griffin off this team and insert braswell or move buddy down to the wing I don’t think it would count much in the win-loss. He doesn’t really rebound. Doesn’t really close out on shooters. Takes really bad shots from time to time and has mental lapses. To me if he wasnt on the team I don’t think it would be as big a loss as others in the past. Which to me would be closer to Thorpe. It wasn’t a direct comparison but you love to write that hater stuff.

Last edited:
I would like to clarify my point. Cause I think you are cherry picking what you want to read on that. It isn’t “as hot” or outlandish as you are making it. All I am saying is if you take a G or andrew white off their particular team that team falls apart. If you take griffin off this team and insert braswell or move buddy down to the wing I don’t think it would count much in the win-loss. He doesn’t really rebound. Doesn’t really close out on shooters. Takes really bad shots from time to time and has mental lapses. To me if he wasnt on the team I don’t think it would be as big a loss as others in the past. Which to me would be closer to Thorpe. It wasn’t a direct comparison but you love to write that hater stuff.

Hater stuff? LOL

AG is far more like G or White than he is to Geno Thorpe. No question. AG will win us games this year.

Hater stuff? LOL

AG is far more like G or White than he is to Geno Thorpe. No question. AG will win us games this year.
I guess I don’t see it as much. Just think we are stunting the growth of some players at the benefits of others that don’t really care about the system. That is my opinion. It was more just thinking about past recent transfers that didn’t really pan out as well. I didn’t really mean to compare the two but I will Pay for it with replies :).

But my point was wrong anyway. Hughes was a transfer and he was pretty great.

You’re not really helping yourself out.
Dude I already admitted I was wrong about it. Read above. So you can go on your way and call out other H0T Takes!

Hater stuff? LOL

I hope he wins us games and earns himself NBA interest with his athleticism and shooting stroke.

Which also clears the way for Benny, Woody, and Braswell.

Are we in the Braswell moment, House?

Run a high post offense with Marek or Edwards and open up the paint for Q, Grif and Bras.

Run a high post offense with Marek or Edwards and open up the paint for Q, Grif and Bras.

Havent watched a ton of Griff or Bras yet, have you?

Havent watched a ton of Griff or Bras yet, have you?
When they pick and roll and draw the big men down to the paint it's not easy get through that. Marek or Edwards would have to hit some mid-range shots if their guy backs off, which is what Euro big men grow up doing.

boeheim amazes me. for the past 2-3 years many of us wanted marek to shoot more but it was clear he was told not to--now jb says shoot more????? how about you recruit a legit wide body center and quit moving players from their natural positions, to take a beating. why are frank,jesse and john ajak on the team?????? you never play them---. same story --they are not ready---they can't help us. wash repeat

boeheim amazes me. for the past 2-3 years many of us wanted marek to shoot more but it was clear he was told not to--now jb says shoot more????? how about you recruit a legit wide body center and quit moving players from their natural positions, to take a beating. why are frank,jesse and john ajak on the team?????? you never play them---. same story --they are not ready---they can't help us. wash repeat

Frank hasn’t practiced in weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom