Foward Solution | Syracusefan.com

Foward Solution

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
Jesse at PF and Hima at C, with Benny at SF. Jesse is too small for an NBA center but he is quick and is developing a face-up game. He is athletic enough to continue to expand his game. Hima can hold his own against ACC wide bodies, which Jesse might not be able to do day in day out. Benny is improving. At sf he will have a height advantage which could improve his outside game.

No silver bullet with our young forwards.
Jesse is extending his game, but he does most of his scoring inside -- can he do that with Hima and Hima's defender in the paint?

Jesse at PF and Hima at C, with Benny at SF. Jesse is too small for an NBA center but he is quick and is developing a face-up game. He is athletic enough to continue to expand his game. Hima can hold his own against ACC wide bodies, which Jesse might not be able to do day in day out. Benny is improving. At sf he will have a height advantage which could improve his outside game.
Let the current forwards compete for playing time.

I don’t hate the idea of Jesse playing PF. That said, he’s not far off from being average size for an NBA Center, just needs to add a little weight. His future as a pro will be as a Center, not that that necessarily matters.

Jesse and Hima are centers. Don’t forget one is 7’4”

I don't think either on is 7'4" are they? I recall Jesse having a 7'4" reach, but I thought he was 6'11" in height.

Play the forwards playing the best. May be a different guy each night.

I don't think either on is 7'4" are they? I recall Jesse having a 7'4" reach, but I thought he was 6'11" in height.
Pterodactyl guy's staff accidentally switched height and reach and listed Jesse at 7'4" with a 6'11" reach. Either way, he's bigger than a pterodactyl.

Games are won by winning matchups. We do not win matchups at pf and sf. Jesse at pf would win the pf match up. Hima could hold his own at center. Similarly, Benny could have an advantage at sf. Furthermore, it would keep role players out of the starting lineup. We will see what happens with Cornell. A loss would indicate trouble ahead.

I think commitment, effort, pride and mindset are what’s needed. Not for nothing, but back in the day a kid was killing us on the boards. Coach asked if I could stop him and get rebounds (5’11” 165lbs).
First shot up, I planted an elbow in his gut. Sure it was a foul, but he never tried to get a rebound over me again.

Thompson did not play Motumbo alongside Ewing until Aurbach convinced him to defy tradition and go twin towers. The best players should play regardless of position.

Slide Brown in at the 4 and teach Benny how to shot 37%+ from the 3. That's all the staff has to do to fix the forward problem.

Hey, why not? I would have loved to have seen it earlier in the season. It'd be nice to know if it could work when we are getting mauled on the boards by teams like UNC

I want to see what Brown can do. Aside from Judah and maybe (probably) Brown, none of the other frosh are ready. Playing Hima and Jesse is a way to keep the other frosh off the court.

It was Mourning.

And if it was this easy why does nobody at any level play two centers anymore?
Every NBA pf is more than equivalent to any college center. Thus, all pro teams play twin towers. Jesse does not have the heft of an NBA center. His best shot at the NBA is at pf with a face-up game.

If we continue as is we could well be going no where. Today will be telling.

Every NBA pf is more than equivalent to any college center. Thus, all pro teams play twin towers. Jesse does not have the heft of an NBA center. His best shot at the NBA is at pf with a face-up game.

Jesse ain’t playing PF in the NBA. He’s the same size as Patrick Ewing.

Most of the NBA plays small now with one big, and if they don’t have a big they play someone 6’8” there if they have to. So I’ll ask you again what NBA PF is equivalent to a college center?

JB will never play Jesse at the 4. It will never happen.

Last edited:

The above may have been true in the 1980s, 90s, maybe 00s NBA.

The game is far different now. Nobody plays “twin towers”.

I like the idea of Jesse and Hima together, but only situationally, especially if u want to protect Jesse from foul trouble.

Jesse ain’t playing PF in the NBA. He’s the same size as Patrick Ewing.

Most of the NBA plays small now with one big, and if they don’t have a big they play someone 6’8” there if they have to. So I’ll ask you again what NBA PF is equivalent to a college center?

JB will never play Jesse at the 4. It will never happen.
Size means more than height. There are no 6'11" stringbean centers in the NBA. Most NBA pf's and centers are bruisers who are also quick and agile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom