France eliminates USA from World Cup | Syracusefan.com

France eliminates USA from World Cup

This never happened when JB was on the staff. ;)
Wow, not our best team. I give credit to these guys for being willing to play but wow, what a weak group.

I hope our best decide to play in future games.

Maybe if they had melo they could have at least made the cup finals

I have mixed emotions about who will play on the Olympic team.
The "stars" that had other "obligations" will now want to play.
If they do we probably win gold. But do they deserve to play after shunning what they felt was below their dignity?
Meh, if we can win with them, I'm all for it.

I have mixed emotions about who will play on the Olympic team.
The "stars" that had other "obligations" will now want to play.
If they do we probably win gold. But do they deserve to play after shunning what they felt was below their dignity?
they all saw what happened to paul george.

1568241172915.gif

We lost because we didn’t have any of our top bigs.
The team was flawed in the middle and forced to play small to have any chance. Today Gobert who is an all-NBA big exposed the USA’s hole in the middle and dominated the game.
Miles Turner and Brook Lopez were awful.
Our best “center” was Harrison Barnes.
Anthony Davis, KAT, Drummond, Blake Griffin all weren’t on the team.

Miles Turner is young and getting better but wasn’t ready.

This team was flawed but qualified for the Olympics when Steph/LeBron/Harden/Kawhi/George/Davis should all be available.

This never happened when JB was on the staff. ;)
I didn't see the game but Donovan Michell, who had 29 points, only took two shots in the 4th quarter. Plus Kemba had a terrible game. No surprise they lost.

This was a team that was offensively challenged to begin with. Their defense was the main thing that got them as far as they did.

Gobert is a really special player. Really incredible combination of physical abilities and mental drive.

It's possible that of everyone in the World Cup, he's the one that wants to win the most.

Gobert is a really special player. Really incredible combination of physical abilities and mental drive.

It's possible that of everyone in the World Cup, he's the one that wants to win the most.
Extremely competitive

He feeds off of that stuff. To an insane degree.
I love that meme. I'm sure he is looking at the NBA rankings where he got ranked 14th overall and is totally dissatisfied with it. He is driven to be the best.

I love that meme. I'm sure he is looking at the NBA rankings where he got ranked 14th overall and is totally dissatisfied with it. He is driven to be the best.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's quietly feeling slighted that people are annointing Donovan Mitchell as a breakthrough guy because of how he's been playing for Team USA.

Gobert just topped Mitchell in international competition. Anybody annointing Gobert?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's quietly feeling slighted that people are annointing Donovan Mitchell as a breakthrough guy because of how he's been playing for Team USA.

Gobert just topped Mitchell in international competition. Anybody annointing Gobert?
I mean being ranked as the 14th best NBA player is a huge accomplishment. But Rudy is Rudy. He will misinterprete everything to help him improve. Good for him.

Lost to Serbia this morning by 5. Got down 35-7 and it was all uphill after that. Finished 6th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom