Frank Howard’s shooting... | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard’s shooting...

Jake

Mod
Not his play making, is a difference maker for this team. A lot of people poo poo his ability to shoot. But when he is making 12-15 footers, this offense is a lot tougher to defend.

Frank makes me absolutely insane running the team sometimes, but he can be a key scorer for us...and needs to be. He kept us afloat for a stretch.

Battle was great, Hughes was good, but Frank’s offense is the “X” factor.

Chewy was obviously great as well, and obviously a huge plus...but if we can get Frank consistently being a threat, we can be the team we thought we had in November.

Not his play making, is a difference maker for this team. A lot of people poo poo his ability to shoot. But when he is making 12-15 footers, this offense is a lot tougher to defend.

Frank makes me absolutely insane running the team sometimes, but he can be a key scorer for us...and needs to be. He kept us afloat for a stretch.

Battle was great, Hughes was good, but Frank’s offense is the “X” factor.

Chewy was obviously great as well, and obviously a huge plus...but if we can get Frank consistently being a threat, we can be the team we thought we had in November.

His passing tonight was really good too. 5 assists but should have been 6 because the scorer credited the late oop to Chuckwu as a missed shot. If you watch the replay you can see he actually aimed it towards Chewy.

But his biggest play of the night was his tackle on Jones.

Actually, Harris generally played within himself offensively and was a pretty efficient scorer, as well as a beast on the glass. He was really an old school power forward in an undersized shooting guard's body.

Last edited:
Actually, Harris generally played within himself offensively and was a pretty efficient scorer, as well as a beast on the glass. He was really an old school power forward in an an undersized shooting guard's body.

I just never got over him at the end of that Pitt game at the Dome.

I don’t think Brick-ett is ever going to be an efficient shooter near the basket. Touch isn’t really something you can teach. I think he will improve his shooting on squared-up shots though.

It's not only touch. Don't you think he could get stronger? That would help him finish better through traffic.

It's not only touch. Don't you think he could get stronger? That would help him finish better through traffic.
Yeah, he’s gets in a lot of odd body contortions that look like they could be corrected with stronger legs.

This is the guy we would have seen all year if he was healthy. He'd also be playing 40 minutes and would literally never leave the floor like last year.

I want him back to 100% in late Feb/March so I hope we don't ask too much next few weeks on the back of this performance.

Didn't mind the Tyus at 1 Buddy at 2 back court...

Poo poo his shooting? That’s the only part of his game I trust. His handle, passing and decision making are all questionable at best. But his shot can be a consistent difference maker if he allows it to be.

Most infuriating SU player on offense since Paul Harris.
Oshae is far more frustrating. Harris was a 6’4” power forward with lesser athleticism (than oshae), of course he would struggle inside.

For Oshae, there’s little excuse. He goes up weak, awkwardly and either away or parallel to the rim, not towards it. He’s just not strong or confident inside and he’s become a bit of a liability.

Personally, I think it's more concentration/focus. When your hand is within inches of the iron 80% of the time, it's concentration of playing all the way through the play, imo.

Oshae is far more frustrating. Harris was a 6’4” power forward with lesser athleticism (than oshae), of course he would struggle inside.

For Oshae, there’s little excuse. He goes up weak, awkwardly and either away or parallel to the rim, not towards it. He’s just not strong or confident inside and he’s become a bit of a liability.
Actually, Harris generally played within himself offensively and was a pretty efficient scorer, as well as a beast on the glass. He was really an old school power forward in an undersized shooting guard's body.

Someone ran the numbers before but it's not close comparing the two. Harris >> Brissett. It's offensive to Harris to even compare them, imo.

Now strictly talking from a frustration perspective, sure. Far more subjective. Crunching numbers though? Again, not close.

The boneheaded plays are what really got people going with Harris, and as JAke mentioned, some of the dunk attempts.

I don’t think Brick-ett is ever going to be an efficient shooter near the basket. Touch isn’t really something you can teach. I think he will improve his shooting on squared-up shots though.

I wouldn't call it 'touch'. He tries to finesse everything in, and sometimes he just needs to be a man and take it strong. He's trying to be crafty and not get blocked, which invariably leads to actually getting blocked or airballing a 2 footer.

please point guards drive the ball more, it opens up so much...when we drive the rock we are a different team...

Oshae needs to stop listening to NBA scouts and play his game....the way this season is going it would do him well to come back for his junior season.....

If Frank didn't get hurt, this team would be undefeated right now.

I wouldn't go that far, but when Frank is "on" we are a different team.....also need consistency out of our Centers which happens every 5th game...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom