Fran's Game 4 Press Conference | Holy Cross | Syracusefan.com

Fran's Game 4 Press Conference | Holy Cross

I wouldn't want to be HC this Saturday.
I agree, but players still have to take one play at a time. Sometimes you get anxious and try to do too much too soon. Grinding it out is important and taking what HC gives you. Big plays will be there, but you have to show patience. You can’t score 40 points on one play. It will take at least six possessions:)

for everyone who wants to crush Elijah and/or Fran for the 4th and 9 call you can. I also hope you give the respect for owning it.

That's what a leader does. It's his fault. Not his player. Not someone missing an assignment. Not his DC making a bad call, etc.

His fault. Owns it. I give him respect for that.

Grow from it.

for everyone who wants to crush Elijah and/or Fran for the 4th and 9 call you can. I also hope you give the respect for owning it.

That's what a leader does. It's his fault. Not his player. Not someone missing an assignment. Not his DC making a bad call, etc.

Grow from it.
Yup. And it's a breath of fresh air.

Grow from it.
It was a good answer , I respect it

My question is why is he not deferring to his DC in that situation? Recognize you're not the smartest person in the room and lean on your experienced assistants.

(This of course assumes ERob would've done something different but not even more bone-headed)

Grow from it.
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Taking ownership in a press conference means absolutely nothing unless we see some improved decision-making come game day. People put way too much stock into a coach's press responses across all sports, whether it is fawning over them taking accountability or picking apart anything that appears to be subtly directing the blame elsewhere. Actions speak louder than words, and frankly, there is more blame to go around than just Fran, so it is not like it is a 100% true statement. His DC hire certainly deserves some blame as well.

Taking ownership in a press conference means absolutely nothing unless we see some improved decision-making come game day. People put way too much stock into a coach's press responses across all sports, whether it is fawning over them taking accountability or picking apart anything that appears to be subtly directing the blame elsewhere. Actions speak louder than words, and frankly, there is more blame to go around than just Fran, so it is not like it is a 100% true statement. His DC hire certainly deserves some blame as well.

It’s the first time though. If it’s repeated and the presser sounds like a broken record i agree, but in this case I respect the response and believe he’ll get it fixed for next time

Well considering that our last coach on his way out was not taking ownership in press conferences, it's a welcome change. Actions speak louder than words, so the follow-up is what matters and what Fran will be measured against.

Grow from it.
Fran said all the right things in the post game presser, and he said the right thing today.

I don't know who ultimately made the defensive play call on the 4th and 9, but I imagine that he's had a conversation with Robinson in private about it. It was horrendous and can't happen again.

Meh. Obviously what matters is if things get fixed on the field. But Fran's responses, both Friday night and today, are meaningful.

We've had too many head coaches dodge responsibility around here (not just in football) and it usually signifies a cultural rot in the program.

I don't want to give you a thumbs down here, because I get where you're coming from, but as others have stated you can definitely not say the right things in pressers. Syracuse under Fran was never going to go undefeated forever, so when the first loss hits, it does actual matter what you say then how you respond.

From our perspective as fans, yeah we should criticize coaching decisions, but from a program that's how you should answer it. You don't throw player or coach under the bus, you don't talk about what could have been, you don't bring up ISIS, etc.

How they respond and how Fran & Co., coach moving forward is important too

Fran said all the right things in the post game presser, and he said the right thing today.

I don't know who ultimately made the defensive play call on the 4th and 9, but I imagine that he's had a conversation with Robinson in private about it. It was horrendous and can't happen again.
This. No blitz(which is what we absolutely should have done) AND single coverage on their stud WR? Can’t happen again, if a player screws up the proper play call that’s one thing, but the grownups in the room, so to speak, cannot call something so painfully wrong

I remember we used to question why Dino seemed to make football harder then it had to be. That 4th and 9, bring the house and double EA. If they beat you in that coverage, so be it. I hate when coaching makes decisions that seem way too complicated.

I remember we used to question why Dino seemed to make football harder then it had to be. That 4th and 9, bring the house and double EA. If they beat you in that coverage, so be it. I hate when coaching makes decisions that seem way too complicated.
100%, make the QB rush his throw, great chance a 4th and 9 doesn’t get converted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom