Freddie Crittenden | Syracusefan.com

Freddie Crittenden

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I've never really paid attention to this guy before, but Freddie Crittenden is a senior hurdler for the Syracuse track team and today ran the 3rd fastest time in the world in the 110 high hurdles. Being the geek I am, after saying Wow!!!, my next thought was can this guy catch a football using these super tackified gloves that are standard these days. Now, I know a few Cuse guys ran track and I know there has been some mixed history in the NFL with someone like Skeets Nehemiah, but imagine this guy in Babers' offense if he was capable of running a route and catching a ball.

Crittenden Turns in World's Third Fastest Time of 2017

Top 10 Track Athletes that Excelled in the NFL

IMG_0716.JPG
IMG_0717.JPG

Sure, why not?

Last edited:
But he had no Division 1 football scholarships coming out of highschool. NEXT!!

*eye rolls*

I'm fully behind this kind of stuff! Man can FLY

Agree, a great - especially world class - hurdler should make a very good WR. Mainataining top speed while avoiding obstacles (vertical, horizontal - whatever) obviously also takes exceptional coordination and reaction. Route running shouldn't be a problem for such athletes, and catching can be taught to be at least adequate - it's mostly technique anyway: catch with relaxed hand(s) - then bring it in; don't trap against the body unless you have to, etc.

Last edited: