Fresno St QB in Portal | Syracusefan.com

Fresno St QB in Portal

Most likely following his college coach to Washington.

giphy.gif

So Sam Huard a 4 Star and all the Washington QB's are free game...Can we get some one who can complete more than 1-9, 2-9 on the Route Tree...A five yard slant shouldn't be this hard to complete.

Yeah - he's headed back to Washington.

I don't know if the staff is looking for a QB in the portal, but I saw Carter Bradley (Toledo) entered the portal. Dino offered him back in 2018...another Elite 11 QB who also had offers from WVU, Louisville, Wisconsin, etc. as well. A little disheartening that he wasn't able to maintain the starting job at Toledo, but he's more like the type of kid we'd end up with.

Yeah - he's headed back to Washington.

I don't know if the staff is looking for a QB in the portal, but I saw Carter Bradley (Toledo) entered the portal. Dino offered him back in 2018...another Elite 11 QB who also had offers from WVU, Louisville, Wisconsin, etc. as well. A little disheartening that he wasn't able to maintain the starting job at Toledo, but he's more like the type of kid we'd end up with.
By the time he graduated he didn't have any committable p5 offers. We're not grabbing Toledo's backup.

Let's go big or go home. Spencer Rattler entered the portal yesterday, right.

We can always dream...

ND has a QB transferring. As mentioned in another post, Oklahoma has a QB transferring. Ohio State has a QB transferring. The question is, do we really need any of them? Is the SU QB room that bereft of talent?

I'd rather SU pound the portal for linemen, linebackers, and wide receivers.

By the way, Ohio State is left with only three QB's, all underclassmen. Whatever will they do?

ND has a QB transferring. As mentioned in another post, Oklahoma has a QB transferring. Ohio State has a QB transferring. The question is, do we really need any of them? Is the SU QB room that bereft of talent?

By the way, Ohio State is left with only three QB's, all underclassmen. Whatever will they do?

We are not getting big time QBs unless our offensive line is looking competent and have pass catchers. Plus we don't even have an OC yet. These guys aren't blind.

Need some things to resolve before you talk about a QB coming. I would lean on Shrader who shows leadership. He's raw but you can win with Garret if the system is modified more to him. Get him out of the shotgun, remove these odorous bad snaps and let's see how they do more traditional formation wise with him

1) you can go after all of those positions without neglecting the QB issue

2) those guys recruit 5 stars, Syracuse gets 2-3 stars and a converted TE, they need to pick up a real QB

Why? They struck out on HS prospects and they lost two QBs to the portal. It would be recruiting malpractice not to bring one in.

Agreed they absolutely should bring someone it, but I think it'll depend on if they land Daniels and how good they believe Morgan and Lamson to be. I'd like to bring in another kid, preferably a veteran but I don't know if you can convince anyone decent considering the starter returns and is only a JR. (I like the Duece Hogan kid from Iowa, he'll be a redshirt soph in 22).

Projected:
Shrader JR
Morgan RFR (3rd year)
Lamson RFR
??Daniels?? FR

We should absolutely be looking to bring in a QB from the transfer portal. We only have 3 on the roster, might have one more join in the recruiting class, but he will not have been a plan A.

Problem is that the new OC needs to be part of the discussion. So without that hire in place, there isn't much we can do.

We should absolutely be looking to bring in a QB from the transfer portal. We only have 3 on the roster, might have one more join in the recruiting class, but he will not have been a plan A.

Problem is that the new OC needs to be part of the discussion. So without that hire in place, there isn't much we can do.

maybe we get lucky and hire one of these OC's in transition flux and he brings a QB with him. Pie in the sky I know.

I think we need a portal QB. We are light right now and it also would not surprise me to see an offseason defection. At minimum, Shrader needs serious competition this Spring.
Agree. We lost Dillon and Tommy. We will add at least one QB from the portal.

Would not be surprised if he comes with the new OC.