Friday Positivity

DeGrozz

All Conference
I loved this story today for so many reasons:

Winner Of High School Golf Tournament Denied Trophy, Because She's A Girl

Essentially, a girl had to play on the boys' golf team. She could participate in official team matches, but her scores weren't eligible for any of the singles events because girls singles and team matches are held during a different point in the year. She got the low score during a state tournament, was denied the trophy, but the boy who 'won' it offered it to her anyway. She graciously declined it.

Oh yeah, she teed off from the men's tees too!

I personally do not think anyone was in the wrong in this situation, but the way both those young adults handled the situation was really mature and respectful.

CuseFaninVT

Living Legend
I loved this story today for so many reasons:

Winner Of High School Golf Tournament Denied Trophy, Because She's A Girl

Essentially, a girl had to play on the boys' golf team. She could participate in official team matches, but her scores weren't eligible for any of the singles events because girls singles and team matches are held during a different point in the year. She got the low score during a state tournament, was denied the trophy, but the boy who 'won' it offered it to her anyway. She graciously declined it.

Oh yeah, she teed off from the men's tees too!

I personally do not think anyone was in the wrong in this situation, but the way both those young adults handled the situation was really mature and respectful.
Kids today are far better than they are given credit for and stories like this prove it. Thanks for sharing that one!

bballbeadle

I’m a girl!
We'll start out with one day of happy stories and see if we can grow it from there.

This is for you bballbeadle

Two women rescued after 5 months adrift in the Pacific - CNN

Glad they were prepared for whatever the sea threw at them.
Awww, thank you, VT! I was going to do it, but today was very busy. I really loved the stories. Those women are so lucky. My college roommate sailed 1 1/2 x around the world with just another person, and the Pacific part gave me nightmares. You can do it in 21 days if all goes well, and both times all went well for them. I am going to send her the story.

I actually googled good news sites and came up with this one: www.goodnewsnetwork.org. Check it out! It had the girl golfer story and many others. I signed up to get a daily good news story in my email.

We’ll see if we can keep this thread going. Hey, I will post my daily good news email here!

Thanks again, VT! :):):)

xc84

Living Legend
It was only supposed to be a 3 hour tour... a 3 hour tour until the weather started getting rough...and you know the rest.

During an interview, with both appearing to be well nourished, one said she thought they would have been dead in 24 hours had they not been found. Made no sense.

CuseFaninVT

Living Legend
It was only supposed to be a 3 hour tour... a 3 hour tour until the weather started getting rough...and you know the rest.

During an interview, with both appearing to be well nourished, one said she thought they would have been dead in 24 hours had they not been found. Made no sense.
I believe that was as a result of the tow job they got from the Indonesian fishing vessel. Supposedly it damaged the boat to the point it was ready to sink, but I haven't clarified.

Top Bottom