From eBay: A letter from Bernie Fine to the Pearl | Syracusefan.com

From eBay: A letter from Bernie Fine to the Pearl

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
C6926A49-5E45-4B1F-B10B-7F83A1380769.png

If you do a search on the address, you’ll see that this house is definitely affiliated with Pearl.

View attachment 173026

If you do a search on the address, you’ll see that this house is definitely affiliated with Pearl.
My first thought is that it is bizarre but then I thought about how Dean Smith used to send all his former players a check at Xmas for like $10 or $100. I wonder if this went out to all former Cuse players. But it it weird tjat someone else typed it up for Bernie so why wouldn't they just sign JB's name to it.

My first thought is that it is bizarre but then I thought about how Dean Smith used to send all his former players a check at Xmas for like $10 or $100. I wonder if this went out to all former Cuse players. But it it weird tjat someone else typed it up for Bernie so why wouldn't they just sign JB's name to it.

The only bizarre thing is that it is on EBay.

I remember a stretch in the early 00’s where Pearl was at basically every home game. And at a certain point in the game he’d always get up and walk back into the tunnel. Seemed like he was well aware that it was basically the house that he built, lol.

‘We have a good group’.

Took a (really fun and super entertaining) miracle to get into the NCAAs.

I remember a stretch in the early 00’s where Pearl was at basically every home game. And at a certain point in the game he’d always get up and walk back into the tunnel. Seemed like he was well aware that it was basically the house that he built, lol.

I know he finished up his undergraduate degree and was later working on his masters here. I think he was pursuing a MSW.

Form letter. Most likely sent to former players in the area?

‘We have a good group’.

Took a (really fun and super entertaining) miracle to get into the NCAAs.

They were close, I think, to putting it together. I know the coaching staff was optimistic that it'd happen.

That Florida game in the CvC that Bernie was referring to was a tough, tough loss (we crushed Texas Tech by like 80-40 in the semi-final). And they got better and won it all. We got worse.

The slow development of our 2007 class was a huge problem in 2005 and 2006.

They were close, I think, to putting it together. I know the coaching staff was optimistic that it'd happen.

That Florida game in the CvC that Bernie was referring to was a tough, tough loss (we crushed Texas Tech by like 80-40 in the semi-final). And they got better and won it all. We got worse.

The slow development of our 2007 class was a huge problem in 2005 and 2006.
the issue that year was UCONN< PITT, Nova were stacked

the issue that year was UCONN< PITT, Nova were stacked

No. That was the team that was destroyed by Depaul, blown out by a mediocre Cincinnati team at home, lost to a bad Seton Hall team at home, and needed a miracle Terrence Roberts 3 pointer to beat Rutgers. We were not very good and a lot of it was because of poor defense and the fact Roberts and Watkins never turned into the players we thought they would.

No. That was the team that was destroyed by Depaul, blown out by a mediocre Cincinnati team at home, lost to a bad Seton Hall team at home, and needed a miracle Terrence Roberts 3 pointer to beat Rutgers. We were not very good and a lot of it was because of poor defense and the fact Roberts and Watkins never turned into the players we thought they would.

Correct and I had the pleasure of being at the DePaul, Cincy and Rutgers game that season.

"We have a good group and it should be another fun year".

He ain't lying. That 06 team, while as frustrating as they were, gave us 4 glorious days in March during the BE tourney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom