From local (Syracuse) radio today, re: Buddy | Syracusefan.com

From local (Syracuse) radio today, re: Buddy

GMac was on. Talked about at the end of practice, guards need to make 5 three pointers, in a row, from the top of the key. Then they keep going until they miss. After one practice, Buddy made 38 straight.
I want saw a video of someone I think Gilbert Arenas that made something like 95 out of 100 shots one-handed or something crazy like that

Is there a good app to download for out of towners to listen to SU sports talk?

Too bad they didn't have that rule when Stevie Thompson was here. He would still be shooting and this team could certainly use his help !!!

Is there a good app to download for out of towners to listen to SU sports talk?
Just use the regular ESPN app. Click “more” and then “live radio”. scroll all the way down the list. The Syracuse station is there

Apropos of nothing - 1,000 years ago I played pickup hoops with Steve Nash at Santa Clara - midnight hoops league kind of thing. He was a college freshman. He showed off one evening. Made 10 in a row from the college 3 line (baseline). Then made 10 in a row from the out of bounds line (baseline). Then made 10 in a row from behind the player bench. Needless to say - he didn't play in our silly little pick up league for long. Very nice guy by the way.

A Michigan player a few years ago (Stauskas?) had a video if him hitting 90-something out of 100 threes.

They just followed up with Gerry. They asked him what his record was. Did not hesitate: 59
i don't know if there was anything unique about the bona game in rochester but my dad called me 10 times while I was drinking at nathaniels nearby before meeting him freaking out about mcnamara hitting everything warming up

old man never saw anything like it

Curry was on ESPN a year or two ago hitting like 90 straight fwiw. I don't recall the exact number, but it was WAY, WAY, WAY more than 38.

* Okay, found on Youtube...it was 77 in a row and 94 of 100.

In the video they say Klay Thompson commented after that (at that time) the most he ever made in a row at practice was 36.

I would hope they all hit 10+ in a row a few times a week, but 38 is pretty good.

gerry went on to say that 85% from the top of arc is elite level shooting (with the machine passing you the ball). you are going to hit 10 in a row a few times on that road to 85+%.

38 or 59 in a row is insane.

I am probably 60% from the top of the key and that is getting my own rebound. i routinely hit 4-5 in a row but 10 is very difficult.

I was 70/140 today at lunchtime going the around the horn getting my own rebound. not sure i ever made more than 4 in a row today.

Apropos of nothing - 1,000 years ago I played pickup hoops with Steve Nash at Santa Clara - midnight hoops league kind of thing. He was a college freshman. He showed off one evening. Made 10 in a row from the college 3 line (baseline). Then made 10 in a row from the out of bounds line (baseline). Then made 10 in a row from behind the player bench. Needless to say - he didn't play in our silly little pick up league for long. Very nice guy by the way.

GMac was on. Talked about at the end of practice, guards need to make 5 three pointers, in a row, from the top of the key. Then they keep going until they miss. After one practice, Buddy made 38 straight.

Wonder what Gerry's record is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom