From New Mexico to Cotton: The (Every Other) Bowl Game Thread | Syracusefan.com

From New Mexico to Cotton: The (Every Other) Bowl Game Thread

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
Watching this Cure Bowl. Tulane looks much better. The 800 or so people in attendance (worst attended Bowl I have ever seen) are having a ball. Looks like a nice stadium though, but damn hope we see a LOT less Camping World seatbacks for our game

I have a rooting interest in the New Orleans Bowl tonight as a good buddy of mine is a fan of the OTHER Mountaineers...

Was about to start a thread about how this game is in the same stadium we will play in. Looks really nice!

ASU vs Fresno State.
Haven't seen Tyrone Sampson playing. Remember him? I found no stats of him playing this year. Redshirt?

Mostly because their student section at basketball games is nuts, and the hand gestures they do to The Scotsman are awesome, I root for Utah State. Was great to see them dominate today.

Go Aggies!

ASU vs Fresno State.
Haven't seen Tyrone Sampson playing. Remember him? I found no stats of him playing this year. Redshirt?
I believe I saw in another thread that he was redshirting.

ASU vs Fresno State.
I picked fsu wish I picked asu love herm.

I picked fsu wish I picked asu love herm.

He lost the game punting at the end of 3rd Q instead of going for the 4th and 1, IMO.

Is it my tv or is the color off for the MtSU vs App State game? Tried to watch it but the color was driving me nuts

Looks ok here. App State looks off tho. This is my 40 point game in the freakin pickem deal~~~!

The Camellia bowl was pretty good too. Georgia State with the FG for the win with no time left.

Looks ok here. App State looks off tho. This is my 40 point game in the freakin pickem deal~~~!

I refused to do any research on these early games so I didn't get too crazy with the point totals but I did feel confident App State would win this.

I refused to do any research on these early games so I didn't get too crazy with the point totals but I did feel confident App State would win this.

I didnt do a ton of research at all, but there were maybe a dozen games or so I had reason to be confident one way or another, and this being one. Good buddy (at the game right now) is an alum who tells me about them a LOT

Love the class of Fresno State. Helping opposing players up. Bunch of guys taking a knee after opposing QB injured. Nice to see.

Last edited:
Love the class of the Fresno State. Helping opposing players up. Bunch of guys taking a knee after opposing QB injured. Nice to see.
It was great seeing that. MTSUs defense is the exact opposite of them...

I gave MTSU the nod in the bowl pool to upset Appy St. Only 1 confidence point...I thought the coaching change would affect them. Guess Shafer forgot to lock the gate.

For the most part, games were competitive and really fun. I know the growing sentiment is that these games don’t matter and there’s not many folks in the crowd and they’re worthless...but they’re really fun to watch if you like football. I don’t care tha asu’s top wr sat out. It was an interesting matchup and game. Same for the rest of em. Eastern Michigan and Georgia southern was a fantastic ending. I love this stuff!