From the hip... | Syracusefan.com

From the hip...

Faegan

All Conference
Here are my thoughts:

> Two games in a row we have had a terrible time establishing the run.

> Smith and/or Adonis need to start getting more carries. Bailey is not an every down back. A slippery back is not going to get the tough yards possession in/possession out for an entire season. We need to go by committee.

> Chibane and Mackey are a problem. At least they clearly were today.

> Lemon and Chew are solid+. Very happy for both, who have worked their asses off for the team and themselves.

> Acchione touchdown was awesome. Bet this kid is going to be very successful in life.

> Some weird DL formations out there. Those blitzes at the end of the game were interesting. Something we were trying to save for USC? Reminded me of the Rutgers game in 2009.

> Did I mention that Bailey isn't going to get it done as a feature back? I think he is very talented, but I don't think he can take the punishment Carter could.

Just the initial thoughts.

Completely agree on Bailey... additionally, Ryan seems very comfortable going to his top-2 WR and TEs, so I continue to believe that unless there is an injury (knock on wood) we will not see a true #3 emerge until late in the year, if at all. Therefor, there should be no problem finding enough touches for a split-wide Bailey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom