From the hoya board | Syracusefan.com

From the hoya board

PauliePeppas

Hall of Fame
From Source about 10 minutes ago (shred away Brasky )

"Dorcina pushing for Georgetown hard. JT3 made last pitch to her primarily, more so than to Nerlens."

This is their resident insider

From Source about 10 minutes ago (shred away Brasky )

"Dorcina pushing for Georgetown hard. JT3 made last pitch to her primarily, more so than to Nerlens."

This is their resident insider
If I'm Nerlens that's a slap in my face that the last effort was to my mom.

Also makes you wonder if JT3 is playing the race card

JT3 playing the race card?
That is like saying JT2 played the race card.

Count on it!

Insider or not, sounds like supposition. The fact that his mom favored G'Town was out there a few weeks ago. Any recruiter is going to try and sell the parents as well as the kid. We heard that JB and Hop were going to try and allay NN's mom's concerns about Syracuse as well. So do we say that they were also there making their pitch primarily to her?

Insider or not, sounds like supposition. The fact that his mom favored G'Town was out there a few weeks ago. Any recruiter is going to try and sell the parents as well as the kid. We heard that JB and Hop were going to try and allay NN's mom's concerns about Syracuse as well. So do we say that they were also there making their pitch primarily to her?

Mom should realize that if he's one and done, then Georgetown doesn't matter, because (a) he won't be getting a degree from there, and (b) they have the weakest supporting cast. If he wants to maximize his chances of a championship, or at least a Final Four appearance, he really ought to come here. Kentucky won't match its last couple recruiting classes. There won't be any continuity. They will be starting from scratch trying to build a team.

Syracuse is like the situation was for Carmelo. We had pieces in place to surround him; we just needed the star in the middle to complete the picture.

Also makes you wonder if JT3 is playing the race card

wouldn't you? If JT3, was any type of recruiter he would play it, play it loud and get it done. Game, set, match. Princeton educated black man, I am not saying JT3 is in there calling Cal and JB old honkies but certainly could play the positive black role model card. I don't know if it's even sales but a legit pitch. JB and Cal haven't exactly been poster children for good clean living as of late. You don't bring a garden hose to a forest fire.. I don't think some people have any idea how dirty this game actually is, it's filthy, beyond filthy, If I were a coach I would be showering with a wire brush every evening. Most of these guys sold their souls to the devil years ago.. those that are sucessful.

JT3 is definitely playing the positive role model card... whether its the race card well I am sure there is some gray area there

We have much better pieces in place than Carmelo had too.

I'll say this: the GTown insider info doesn't make sense. It has been known for a long time that Nerlen's mom liked GTown. So why would an extra pitch be needed to sell her more on what she was already sold on? If this really did occur, the pitch was not about the school, it was a pitch to mom to make the decision instead of Nerlens. That must mean he really does favor UK or Syr signifcantly over Gtown and all they have going for them is mom (which is not minor, but still it is the kid who has to suit up at the end of all this).

Anyone know if Noel is Catholic? If raised Catholic, I'm sure his mom would rather him go to GT than to SU. If my parents weren't such big SU fans, they would have wanted me to go to a Catholic school if I were a big-time athlete.

Gotta love the HoyaTalk board. They won't even acknowledge that Noel could possibly be considering Syracuse. It's between them and Kentucky.

Got to say this is probably a tough thing to overcome. When momma is very sure of what she wants, its difficult for a young man to go against it. What a roller coaster today has been! I hate G-Town now, just cant imagine how much more intense it will be if he decides to go there!

This is a kid who has traveled the country maybe even the world playing basketball I can't imagine his mom will be making decision for him. If he picks gtown it's his pick IMO

Let's not go there please.

why not? this is what makes the world more racist.

my wife got her job playing the syracuse card.

race, religion, alumni are all networking in's. use em when you can.

Isn't it every kid's dream to play in front of either a sparce crowd or one that's dominated by your rival?

Gotta love the HoyaTalk board. They won't even acknowledge that Noel could possibly be considering Syracuse. It's between them and Kentucky.

Heres another gem , "The part of his blog that alarms me is that he views Syracuse as a "family atmosphere". What family has rampant drug use, child molesters, and multiple people that abuse women? Not one that I'd view as a positive at least."