Frosh Participation Report | Syracusefan.com

Frosh Participation Report

Then Drew Tuazama was playing wide receiver.
I could’ve sworn I saw a #88 line up at TE as well. One of the last 2 drives with DeVito still in. Tuazama was a pretty highly regarded TE in HS, I wonder if that was him. Judging solely off height & skin tone, it could’ve been.

I could’ve sworn I saw a #88 line up at TE as well. One of the last 2 drives with DeVito still in. Tuazama was a pretty highly regarded TE in HS, I wonder if that was him. Judging solely off height & skin tone, it could’ve been.

Maybe it was #89?

I mistook 89 (Aaron Hackett) for 88 early on in the game, definitely could have been that.
D. Tuazama is listed in the PDF Participation Report on page six for Syracuse in the last line next to Szmyt. When I saw #88 blocking on a play I thought wow that young man is put together. Later I checked the roster for #88 on offense and it was listed as Mital who is listed at 6'1" 222. In retrospect the young man I saw blocking wearing #88 does look more like Tuazama who is listed at 6'5" 250. Go Orange!!!!!!!!

0AEB9991-C625-45EC-AD81-41A1BD4A0218.jpeg

Just watched the replay. #88 definitely played tight end and had a key block on Liberty’s linebacker on Neal’s TD run.

I rewatched that a dozen times, and I still can't tell if it was 89 - Hackett, or 88 - Tuazama.
We know it wasn't Mital, who didn't travel.

Tuazama is a DE.
While he played TE in HS, it seems odd to throw him out there randomly at a position he's not expected to play in college, so I'm thinking it had to be Hackett.

ALSO - the name looks more like Hackett than Tuazama, so I'm going w/ it being Hackett.
That's my final answer.

Either way - GREAT block that sprung Moe for that TD!! :cool:

I rewatched that a dozen times, and I still can't tell if it was 89 - Hackett, or 88 - Tuazama.
We know it wasn't Mital, who didn't travel.

Tuazama is a DE.
While he played TE in HS, it seems odd to throw him out there randomly at a position he's not expected to play in college, so I'm thinking it had to be Hackett.

ALSO - the name looks more like Hackett than Tuazama, so I'm going w/ it being Hackett.
That's my final answer.

Either way - GREAT block that sprung Moe for that TD!! :cool:

I posted the pic. Clearly 88

I posted the pic. Clearly 88

Yes. And no.
There's nothing clear about it.
I zoomed in as far as I could.

And - as much of a blur as the name appears, that blur looks a LOT more like HACKETT than TUAZAMA.

Also - the 8's and 9's on our uni's are REALLY hard to tell apart.