FSU Fires Taggart / Hires Mike Norvell | Syracusefan.com

FSU Fires Taggart / Hires Mike Norvell

I do kinda feel bad for the guy cause he cared about the players and the community. Guy just couldn’t get it done on the field

Taggart’s buyout calls for the university to pay 85 percent of his remaining contract. At $5 million a year with four years remaining after this one, that would equal a $17 million bill for the university. Any buyout would be subject to offset from subsequent employment; but this remains a staggering number.

Anyone on their staff we would like?

FSU didn't even give him 2 full years. That is a joke.
They looked bad yesterday.

Would Briles son work for Dino?
Briles son would be an interesting hire for OC.

Wonder who FSU will go for. Luke Fickell is going to be a hot name this year, though USC might have the inside track there.

Has Kendal Briles served adequate time in purgatory?

Norvell
Campbell
Rhule
Rhule is going to wait for the NFL or if Franklin left Penn State for USC.

Campbell seems like a Big Ten type hire.
I am not touching Norvell.

Florida State with how did Taggert isn't going to get a top tier candidate. My guess is Brent Vernables

Rhule is going to wait for the NFL or if Franklin left Penn State for USC.

Campbell seems like a Big Ten type hire.
I am not touching Norvell.

Florida State with how did Taggert isn't going to get a top tier candidate. My guess is Brent Vernables

Doing something this drastic seems to show that they’ll throw a lot of money at their next coach.

I’ve begun to think that it doesn’t matter when major schools fire coaches after short tenures. Auburn coaches are perpetually on the verge of being fired and they’ll always be able to get someone. Still...1.75 years is absolutely ridiculous.

I’d be shocked if Venables left Clemson with his son playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom