FSU VS VIRGINIA | Syracusefan.com

FSU VS VIRGINIA

moqui

generational talent
this squad is hamilton's best chance at finally making it past the sweet 16 after 3 decades as a head coach

I do not like either one of these teams but I hate or I despise I should say Virginia even more and it seems like every time they have a great team going into the tournament, they lay an egg and it looks possible like that could happen again hahaha

10 years ago who'd a thought FSU basketball would ever finish ranked higher than their football program.

matter fact watching this game Florida state looks like a scary team and I hope we can avoid them early in the tournament. you know in a way they kind of remind me of our Syracuse team in 2003 coming into the tournament kind of under the radar, scary team and media kind of knew that we had the potential to win it all

this squad is hamilton's best chance at finally making it past the sweet 16 after 3 decades as a head coach
Both Hamilton and Bennett have a lot to prove in the post season. Will it happen this year?

Virginia was horrible down the stretch. Terrible shot selection and beaton to the ball. Their two guards looked very pedrestion against FSU’s pressure.

FSU reminds me of our 2011 or 2012 teams. Good depth, defend very well, not dynamic offense but still possess various scoring options.

tried to tell people playing zone vs UVA is playing right into UVA's hands...
FSU got up in jerome and guys and hunters grills and held to 59 points in man defense.
pressed full-court...NEVER LEFT SHOOTERS...

UVA still got a few nice shots - they are decent -but when they don't have wide open 3s they are uber-beatable.

FSU got up in jerome and guys and hunters grills and held to 59 points in man defense.

UVA still got a few nice shots - they are decent -but when they don't have wide open 3s they are uber-beatable.

Most teams played man against them and they still won, except Duke.

Virginia went 5-24 from 3. If we could’ve held them to that, we would’ve beaten them.

5-24 vs. 18-24(the 25th attempt was a walkon...doesn’t count). SMH. That’s a 39 point difference.

So they went from playing the greatest game of all time to the worst game of all time?

I mean, it’s a legit point.when we pressured and sped them up in 2016 E8, they wilted. But you gotta admit when they killed us in the Dome last month, it didn’t have anything to do with us playing zone. They were making contested 3s when we were right in their faces or from way downtown. Guy was ridiculous that night. He couldn’t miss.

Last edited:
First half vs UVA we gave them a few wide open looks, second half we were in their face and they still made them. Have to tip your cap

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom