FSU...... | Syracusefan.com

FSU......

newmexicuse

All Conference
I have a cousin who lives in Tallahassee & he is a big FSU booster. We were talking about the ACC adding the Ville and I asked him what about FSU ?

FWIW, he said FSU will not pay the $ 50M exit fee and should be good to stay in the ACC. Of course, if the landscape changes again all bets could be off.

I have a cousin who lives in Tallahassee & he is a big FSU booster. We were talking about the ACC adding the Ville and I asked him what about FSU ?

FWIW, he said FSU will not pay the $ 50M exit fee and should be good to stay in the ACC. Of course, if the landscape changes again all bets could be off.

Ask him what happens if Maryland only ends up paying $25M.

I have not seen this elsewhere, but he said MD has already refused to pay the $ 50m & that the ACC is suing for them for $ 52M. I cannot see the ACC agreeing to take less than the $ 50M unless it feels very confident that the landscape has settled down. The last thing the ACC would want to do right now is to make FSU, Clemson, or others feel that they can leave for less.

No negotiating down to $25 mil! If they pay that price, I hope it is only after a long, ugly, expensive battle in court. That in itself would give any one else food for thought about jumping ship.

I have not seen this elsewhere, but he said MD has already refused to pay the $ 50m & that the ACC is suing for them for $ 52M. I cannot see the ACC agreeing to take less than the $ 50M unless it feels very confident that the landscape has settled down. The last thing the ACC would want to do right now is to make FSU, Clemson, or others feel that they can leave for less.

Saw this from a Matt Hayes tweet today. The part I don't get is how he said SU and Pitt settled out of court for less than the amount. So $7.5M is less than $5M?

http://sports-law.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-acc-sues-maryland-over-exit-fee.html

Saw this from a Matt Hayes tweet today. The part I don't get is how he said SU and Pitt settled out of court for less than the amount. So $7.5M is less than $5M?

http://sports-law.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-acc-sues-maryland-over-exit-fee.html
Different scenarios w/ Pitt & SU.
The ACC is likely to take this fight all the way to the end because if MD can leave for a lesser amount, then FSU and Clemson won't be far behind. They're all just waiting for the outcome- which will be pivotal for the ACC's future.