FSU's Derwin James to enter NFL Draft and skip bowl game | Syracusefan.com

FSU's Derwin James to enter NFL Draft and skip bowl game

Kid looked like a future Pro Bowler before his injury. Had a decent year but just wasn't as explosive. Hopefully he can regain it. Rooting for him after watching the Showtime series on FSU last season...really good kid.

In before the "he's letting his team down" crowd.

Gonna see this more and more as these kids smarten up and learn that all but 2 bowls mean absolutely nothing.

Gonna see this more and more as these kids smarten up and learn that all but 2 bowls mean absolutely nothing.

Add to the fact that coaches don’t even stick around to coach their team in the bowl for the most part. Pathetic

Add to the fact that coaches don’t even stick around to coach their team in the bowl for the most part. Pathetic

Well, that part I get as unfortunate as it can be. Especially with the early signing period, coaches have to assemble their staff and get on the road to recruit.

Well, that part I get as unfortunate as it can be. Especially with the early signing period, coaches have to assemble their staff and get on the road to recruit.

Just reinforces the point that if a kid doesn't want to play in a meaningless bowl game, I don't blame him.

Kid looked like a future Pro Bowler before his injury. Had a decent year but just wasn't as explosive. Hopefully he can regain it. Rooting for him after watching the Showtime series on FSU last season...really good kid.

Looks like he'll still go top 10 (maybe even top 5). Really talented kid.

Yep. You don't get paid for them, outside of swag (I think they still allow that, right?) and you may get injured before the draft.

Wasn't it just last year some on the board were arguing that it would hurt Fournette and McCaffery's stock in the draft? It is going to happen more and more as posted earlier in the thread and I don't blame the kid one bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom