Ft Lauderdale Air Show | Syracusefan.com

Ft Lauderdale Air Show

Having lunch on the beach with the Blue Angels making runs at 1000 ft practicing for this weekend’s show. Nothing better.
Sweet!

I always get the chance to go to the airfield for their practice when they come to Houston. Way better than the actual show, no crowds, perfect position for viewing, etc. I heard they’ve now upgraded to the F-18 E/F model, can you confirm that’s what they’re flying today?

I always get the chance to go to the airfield for their practice when they come to Houston. Way better than the actual show, no crowds, perfect position for viewing, etc. I heard they’ve now upgraded to the F-18 E/F model, can you confirm that’s what they’re flying today?

They upgraded during the off season.

1620322843785.png

1620322858706.png

years ago, I knew this woman, really attractive, whose mother was in the armed service. Anyway, she is a waitress and waits on three guys with short hair. She asks them if they are in the service and one guy says, yeah, I'm in the Air force. What do you do she asks. He says I fly F-16's. She says you must be special. He says thanks. She says no, because the F-16 is a Navy plane. His friends got a laugh out of his embarrassment.

years ago, I knew this woman, really attractive, whose mother was in the armed service. Anyway, she is a waitress and waits on three guys with short hair. She asks them if they are in the service and one guy says, yeah, I'm in the Air force. What do you do she asks. He says I fly F-16's. She says you must be special. He says thanks. She says no, because the F-16 is a Navy plane. His friends got a laugh out of his embarrassment.

Wait, what? Maybe I’m missing the joke but the F-16 is used only by the Air Force. Navy doesn’t fly F-16’s (other than some aggressor aircraft for training).

Having lunch on the beach with the Blue Angels making runs at 1000 ft practicing for this weekend’s show. Nothing better.
Is it back? That’s awesome. I went to a few of them and then they discontinued it. Glad it’s back around, it’s truly awesome!

My only experience of the beach at Fort Lauderdale involved Blondie's Sports Bar at 11pm on a Saturday night.

I brought AC-130 into Syracuse back around 1997 for the airshow. I was on the ramp answering questions. We had spent a few days training at Ft Drum with some Army units and expended ammo and had about 50 casings from the 105mm cannon. I'd probably get in trouble now but we gave out these to some lucky fans

il_794xN.1078248681_eq5f.jpg

So anyways we were parked next to few "Slick" C-130s. I remember this one guy who said to his friend, "Nah, it's just another C-130"...pause..."Holy , this plane has cannons sticking out of it". He wanted to know if we landed and drove it around like a tank?

c714f05d67b32cf61eb874f5f9a79282.jpg

I brought AC-130 into Syracuse back around 1997 for the airshow. I was on the ramp answering questions. We had spent a few days training at Ft Drum with some Army units and expended ammo and had about 50 casings from the 105mm cannon. I'd probably get in trouble now but we gave out these to some lucky fans

il_794xN.1078248681_eq5f.jpg

So anyways we were parked next to few "Slick" C-130s. I remember this one guy who said to his friend, "Nah, it's just another C-130"...pause..."Holy , this plane has cannons sticking out of it". He wanted to know if we landed and drove it around like a tank?

View attachment 201279

I didn’t know that even the gunship guys need to police their brass!

I will wonder if it’s reloadable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom