Full Interview with Drew Allen | Syracusefan.com

Full Interview with Drew Allen

CNYCentralCuse

Walk On
Was able to catch up with Allen today, here's the link to my full interview (phone interview):

http://www.cnycentral.com/sports/story.aspx?id=895360#.UYr-AaXD-M8

He's a very mature very polite kid. Was a pleasure to talk to him everything, even in texts is a "yes, sir." or "thank you, sir"

Who knows how fall practice will go, but this kid will make our program proud.

Thank you! I got pretty lucky and she knows her sports too :) Thanks for the post last week too!

I want the best QB to win the battle. All things being equal I HOPE it is one of the guys who have been here and put in the time.

Mark,

Was that you that texted me after the proposal? I didn't recognize the area code...then Drew Allen texted me today and I realized it was the same (San Antonio) area code.

Thank you...and you are absolutely right I did :)

Mark,

Was that you that texted me after the proposal? I didn't recognize the area code...then Drew Allen texted me today and I realized it was the same (San Antonio) area code.

Thank you...and you are absolutely right I did :)
No it wasn't me...my cell phone is an Austin Area Code. (512)
BTW, I live less than a mile from where Drew grew up in Terrell Hills...in fact his house is just down the street from Tommy Lee Jones' house.

Okay, after listening to the interview...

I'm really looking forward to Drew coming to SU. I look forward to he and Terrel battling it out.

I'd feel badly for Charley Loeb for being boxed out here, but seriously, he's way too Ridiculously Good Looking for me to ever take too much pity.

Mark, I'm not sure why you know all of that. Should we warn Drew?
Hey when I realized SU is getting a kid that went to the high school I send my tax money too...I looked up if they indeed lived near me. Everybody here knows where Tommy's house is. :rolleyes:

Hey when I realized SU is getting a kid that went to the high school I send my tax money too...I looked up if they indeed lived near me. Everybody here knows where Tommy's house is. :rolleyes:
I guess that's kind of like the area of Texas where I live, where everyone knows the "Deion House" (which he sold, apparently, but if you mention it...EVERYONE has driven past it at some point and knows exactly what that ridiculous compound looks like).

And screw it, I'm going to tell a tangential story: speaking of Deion and seeing former Cowboys in this area, I was once at a Dave and Busters north of Dallas and Michael Irvin was there with his kid, who was probably like 13 or 14. I was kicking ass at the hoop shoot game, and Irvin's kid steps up to play against me. I was just excited because, despite being an Eagles fan, I was kind of sort of hanging around a Hall of Famer, who was standing 5 feet from me, and thought I would teach his son a lesson. I made like 25 shots in the very short time, which was my best round of the night. Irvin's son made, I believe, 37 or 38. Again, he was like 13 or 14 at the time. More evidence that a pro athlete is going to have kids who are just ridiculously talented themselves, and it made me wonder where that kid is going to wind up playing ball.

Anyway, back on topic, Deion's compound is freaking insane.

When my wife and I were looking for houses about 10 years ago, we actually took a look at and toured Renee Zellweger's childhood home here in Katy, TX. We passed.

And unfortunately, I haven't figured out where Andy Dalton lived yet.

From Drew Allen to Deion Sanders. I like the trajectory here...

Niko...you waaaaaaaay overachieved. She's a doll.

Yeah my first thought was, How the hell did he land her?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom