Fun ACC quiz ... | Syracusefan.com

Fun ACC quiz ...

32 out of 35. Should have been 33, but I misread the question. :(

I got 34 but fully admit 3 were total guesses. I am not an expert on women's softball by any means.

33/35

This question got me:

Which team is no longer part of the conference?
Auburn
South Carolina
Kentucky
Michigan

5/23/29

#23 & 29 appear to be problematic for many

33/35

This question got me:

Auburn
South Carolina
Kentucky
Michigan
I don’t understand the question

33/35

This question got me:

Auburn
South Carolina
Kentucky
Michigan

I enjoyed the explanation(?) associated with each right answer. It’s like wth does that have to do with the question. I think the South Carolina one went on about Steve Spurriers tenure as football coach rather than talking about when they were part of the conference. Similarly which school doesn’t have a baseball team and they talk about JB being the coach of the Basketball team????

31. With luck. I lucky guessed on every question on Women’s sports except the one about Staley. And I’m terrible with dates.

It should have simply asked "which team used to be an ACC member?"

Exactly. I got what they were asking for when I looked at the possible answers for a minute or two but it was worded very poorly.

South Carolina was a founding member of the conference and left in the 70s over the "800 Rule". The ACC had a rule that in order to get a scholarship, an athlete had to score at least 800 combined on the SAT. USC-e didn't like that idea because it hurt their recruiting and also didn't like the power the 4 NC schools had in the conference, so they left. (Their 4 votes effectively shut down any changes because USC-e, Clemson, UVa, and UMd couldn't get any of them to join them to form a majority on any votes.) Georgia Tech was brought in to replace them. GIT had been an independent after leaving the SEC over academics.

33/35 (missed 27 and 29, neither of which will keep me up at night).

The factoid for #4 is kind of a non sequitur, not sure why they didn't just tell us when USC left the league. Funny. Also, #27: "Wrong Answer! Maryland left the ACC in 2014 when college realignment was running rampant. The school joined the Big 10 instead." OK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom