Fun Mention of Larry Csonka | Syracusefan.com

Fun Mention of Larry Csonka

C57BF452-A000-4B94-870E-DC57A75B75A2.jpeg

I once sat next to Csonka on a flight to Denver; he was headed to Alaska. I recall two things:
1. The guy had the thickest fingers that I ever saw. He let me look at his Super Bowl ring and any two of my fingers would have fit inside that ring.
2. Despite our common SU connection, he mostly just wanted to talk about hunting and fishing. He talked extensively about fishing in the Adirondacks while attending SU.
He was a really nice guy and I am honored to have met him.

I once sat next to Csonka on a flight to Denver; he was headed to Alaska. I recall two things:
1. The guy had the thickest fingers that I ever saw. He let me look at his Super Bowl ring and any two of my fingers would have fit inside that ring.
2. Despite our common SU connection, he mostly just wanted to talk about hunting and fishing. He talked extensively about fishing in the Adirondacks while attending SU.
He was a really nice guy and I am honored to have met him.
I have a friend who got to know Csonka when he played for the Memphis Southmen/Grizzlies of the WFL. He said the same thing, that Csonka wanted to avoid football talk because it would lead to him being praised and that instead he liked to talk about hunting, fishing, growing up,, etc.

He knocked me on my ass playing touch football in Thorndon Park across from our dorm (Booth) in 1964.

My freshman year, when Zonk was a senior, he was hit at the line and went five more yards. When he stopped, only three of the opponents were not on the pile. Too bad that running backs like that no longer exist.