Funny… | Syracusefan.com

Funny…

grant

2018-19 Co-Iggy Hoops ACC Season Record
Given the lack of success of the program and the frustration felt towards JB, I really didn’t think I would be sad he’s leaving. I expected to see the news on Twitter or get a notification from ESPN, B/R, etc and be elated. As I sit in my office at work, I’m feeling the exact opposite.

I became a Syracuse basketball fan ~13 years ago (I am 25 for reference). Being a kid from Alabama with parents who went to Alabama and Auburn, I didn’t really have a team. I started to watch and enjoy college basketball, and given the state of the programs in state at the time (along with not knowing where I’d end up going to college [Auburn thankfully]), I wanted to pick a team to root for. Duke, UNC, Kansas, etc. were to mainstream for me, so I settled in Syracuse. Not sure why, but I’ve stuck with it since then. Often times friends would ask why Syracuse, and I could never answer why.

My parents would ask that too, until I was able to convince my Dad to take me to the Final 4 in Atlanta in 2013. Despite a loss to Louisville, it was the time of my life. I didn’t think it would be topped until Christmas morning a few years later when he surprised me with tickets to the Clemson-Syracuse game in the Dome. We lost to them by 1 in OT, but I will never forget my first time walking in and seeing the court from a corridor.

We’ve gone to a total of 7 games all over the country (FF in Houston & Atlanta, @ GT, and in the Dome), and have gone 1-6 in those games. The lone win against GaTech in ATL 46-45.

Despite that record, these memories with my Dad are some of my best memories in my 25 years. And I have JB to thank for that. So as I wait for 5PM to roll around, being able to go back to those days has been fun. Here’s to Syracuse basketball and the future!

Attachments

• 327E9E50-D9C7-4C60-85D3-EE9EE38D56B4.png
    327E9E50-D9C7-4C60-85D3-EE9EE38D56B4.png
    1,016.5 KB · Views: 104
Given the lack of success of the program and the frustration felt towards JB, I really didn’t think I would be sad he’s leaving. I expected to see the news on Twitter or get a notification from ESPN, B/R, etc and be elated. As I sit in my office at work, I’m feeling the exact opposite.

I became a Syracuse basketball fan ~13 years ago (I am 25 for reference). Being a kid from Alabama with parents who went to Alabama and Auburn, I didn’t really have a team. I started to watch and enjoy college basketball, and given the state of the programs in state at the time (along with not knowing where I’d end up going to college [Auburn thankfully]), I wanted to pick a team to root for. Duke, UNC, Kansas, etc. were to mainstream for me, so I settled in Syracuse. Not sure why, but I’ve stuck with it since then. Often times friends would ask why Syracuse, and I could never answer why.

My parents would ask that too, until I was able to convince my Dad to take me to the Final 4 in Atlanta in 2013. Despite a loss to Louisville, it was the time of my life. I didn’t think it would be topped until Christmas morning a few years later when he surprised me with tickets to the Clemson-Syracuse game in the Dome. We lost to them by 1 in OT, but I will never forget my first time walking in and seeing the court from a corridor.

We’ve gone to a total of 7 games all over the country (FF in Houston & Atlanta, @ GT, and in the Dome), and have gone 1-6 in those games. The lone win against GaTech in ATL 46-45.

Despite that record, these memories with my Dad are some of my best memories in my 25 years. And I have JB to thank for that. So as I wait for 5PM to roll around, being able to go back to those days has been fun. Here’s to Syracuse basketball and the future!

Walking out of the dome one night years ago, my dad said to me "All my awesome memories lately have been here with you" and I think about that daily.

Walking out of the dome one night years ago, my dad said to me "All my awesome memories lately have been here with you" and I think about that daily.
Memories we’ll never forget. Pretty awesome to think how many of those JB has been a part of over his tenure

Same. I thought I’d be happy, thinking about the future and building back. Instead I’m thinking about how many great moments we had as a team and they were all because of Jim Boeheim. he’s forever a legend and I’ll be forever grateful for the many moments he gave me as a fan of this team.

Same. I thought I’d be happy, thinking about the future and building back. Instead I’m thinking about how many great moments we had as a team and they were all because of Jim Boeheim. he’s forever a legend and I’ll be forever grateful for the many moments he gave me as a fan of this team.
As Stevenson said in his thread, the drinks are in honor of JB tonight

I believe many on this forum will endure the following in order:
  1. Anger/frustration (“he needs to go”)
  2. Semi-shock (“it happened”)
  3. Sad (immediate thereafter)
  4. Proud (“he built this/look at the national outpouring)
  5. Excited (“Red will play man and bring new energy”)
  6. Pissed (“Why did we lose GMac?????”
  7. Excited (“love the new assistant and the ties to ______ recruiting area.”)
  8. Overly excited (“Cuse is back!!!”)
  9. Irrational irritation (“We lost to ______. We hired the wrong guy.”)

I’m really glad I took my 10 year old son to the game on a Saturday from CT. We upgraded our seats day of as had a feeling it was going to be the end. We stood and clapped extra for JAB. It was a good ending. And it’s the only one I will ever remember. Today didn’t happen as far as I’m concerned. Saturday is the way he should have went out and he did.

Alot of people complaining every day all day here weren't even around to remember the national championships let alone more than 10 years ago.

Alot of people complaining every day all day here weren't even around to remember the national championships let alone more than 10 years ago.
What??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom