Future Schedule News

HtownOrange

Hall of Fame
New Hampshire
at Army
at Notre Dame

One opening left.
With that schedule, I guess that means we will not pick up Shady as HC when Rutgers makes the "Offer To Good To Refuse" to HCDB. (Sarcasm font off)

Alsacs

I know that I know nothing. Too bad though
i am more interested in 2021-2023 schedules.
We know we can fill the FCS slot easily every year with Colgate/Albany/URI/C Connecticut/New Hampshire/Maine type teams.

Chip

Living Legend
Please leave the ND game in South Bend, no Meadowlands, no Yankee Stadium no game on the moon

South Bend, Indiana dam it!
It's not our decision, but I'd bet it stays put. They move their shamrock series around, different opponents and venues.

If it is in NYC again, I demand that we play better and I demand that ND wears the gold hemlets.

Alsacs

It's not our decision, but I'd bet it stays put. They move their shamrock series around, different opponents and venues.

If it is in NYC again, I demand that we play better and I demand that ND wears the gold hemlets.
ND was doing right by SU IMO.
I hated that our “home games” were played at MetLife.
I bitched about it and it was a 50/50 issue on this board.
ND showed SU atleast a little respect by moving their “home” game to Yankee Stadium and it was a game in our backyard.

We moved 2 homes games 2014 and 2016. Dino spoke out about hating the 2016 home being moved but was before he got here.
If ND moves their next home game to a Shamrock game away from South Bend then they will shown Syracuse they are a fair partner.
Atleast moving one game alleviated some tension from us losing games from my opinion anyway.

The rest of our home games should be at the Carrier Dome against Notre Dame.

Chip

Living Legend
ND showed SU atleast a little respect by moving their “home” game to Yankee Stadium and it was a game in our backyard.

We moved 2 homes games 2014 and 2016. Dino spoke out about hating the 2016 home being moved but was before he got here.
If ND moves their next home game to a Shamrock game away from South Bend then they will shown Syracuse they are a fair partner.
Atleast moving one game alleviated some tension from us losing games from my opinion anyway.

I think moving one game was enough to do right by us. Assuming all our home games are in the Dome (stop using the bad word in front of it) going forward, we should play in South Bend now. Playing in that stadium is something players look forward to. All the history, and it happens to be the least intimidating stadium (from a crowd noise perspective) you could ever see with a capacity crowd of 80,000.

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner

Gross moving the SU home game to NJ was done entirely to push your buttons.
He told KaiserUEO and I that in person. ;)

Don't forget, this was back in the Big East days and Doc was trying to generate revenue and attention to ensure that SU would not be left out during the next round of conference musical chairs.

At least in 2022, 2029 & 2037, ND's coach won't be able to use the excuse of "Syracuse opening stadium doors to cause wind during field goals & PATs" for their losses.

Time to move on...

Alsacs

Gross moving the SU home game to NJ was done entirely to push your buttons.
He told KaiserUEO and I that in person. ;)

Don't forget, this was back in the Big East days and Doc was trying to generate revenue and attention to ensure that SU would not be left out during the next round of conference musical chairs.

At least in 2022, 2029 & 2037, ND's coach won't be able to use the excuse of "Syracuse opening stadium doors to cause wind during field goals & PATs" for their losses.

Time to move on...
I spoke to Dr. Gross in person about this.
He basically said without saying it the AD needed funds. That was because of his spending habits though we have found out.

The games we played in 2014 and 2016 were scheduled because Rutgers and UConn turned down the same deal. Syracuse needed the money.
Syracuse could have gotten out of the deal in 2014 and 2016 after we joined the ACC but the money was too much to give back to MetLife to cancel.
It could have been done but the AD didn’t want to give back 5 million dollars as Gross needed those funds as our spending was completely out of control and in the Red. The AD had to take a loan from the General fund of the university and sparked an uproar from the professors on the Hill who don’t like the athletic department as is.

Eric15

Living Legend
The atmosphere in the Dome in 2003 vs. ND was electric, and it was two completely mediocre teams playing a fairly meaningless game. I want to get that game back in the Dome SO bad.

sutomcat

Former Iggy Winner. I used to be somebody special
Staff member
The atmosphere in the Dome in 2003 vs. ND was electric, and it was two completely mediocre teams playing a fairly meaningless game. I want to get that game back in the Dome SO bad.
So does John Wildhack. Thankfully, he is one of us and he gets it.

djorange1989

All American
i am more interested in 2021-2023 schedules.
We know we can fill the FCS slot easily every year with Colgate/Albany/URI/C Connecticut/New Hampshire/Maine type teams.
2021 is done, 2022 still needs the easy to schedule FCS stiff but also needs a non Power 5 FBS too. 2023 just needs FCS stiff. so, basically 2022 is the most pressing concern

Alsacs

2021 is done, 2022 still needs the easy to schedule FCS stiff but also needs a non Power 5 FBS too. 2023 just needs FCS stiff. so, basically 2022 is the most pressing concern
What is 2021 if you don’t mind me having to not google it when I get time.

I know we got Rutgers at home the rest?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom