FWIW, Twitter alert | Syracusefan.com

FWIW, Twitter alert

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Anyone live in Texas?

Supposedly, according to a few on twitter, ESPN Austin is reporting that FSU to the B12 is imminent.

Is ESPN Austin local cowboys spinning stuff?

I am checking twitter and haven't seen anything about Florida State to the B12

I see stuff from days ago now and articles retweeted from last year?

i just searched it and am only seeing the usual dude of wv suspects tweeting this bs

the dude of WV is the one starting the ESPN austin "says" rumor

From a recent ESPN article

"ACC
Wait, what? Isn't this the fifth-wheel league? Didn't it just have a charter member walk away? Doesn't it have a couple of other schools itching to bail? Isn't it really bad at football?

"People who say those things are either very short-sighted or underestimate [ACC commissioner] John Swofford," says an administrator from an SEC school. "Or both."

The truth is that, while there were some hurt feelings over Maryland's sudden move, there weren't a lot of tears shed in Greensboro. Maryland hasn't been the happiest member of the conference, often the leaders of the "Tobacco Road has too much control" sentiment.
But there is something to be said for the conference's ability to add Louisville so quickly after losing Maryland. In reality, the Cardinals are an upgrade over the Terps. Louisville is a school with hoops history, recent football success and solid financial footing.
To the people in Connecticut, who are up in arms over not being invited before Louisville, those in the know say hang on; your invite is coming soon. The most common reason given for Louisville jumping ahead in line is the academic issue that looms over UConn hoops. Once that draws nearer to a resolution, then Storrs is widely regarded as the next logical piece to the ACC puzzle -- even if it runs off Boston College.

"The ACC is still in good shape, even if they lose a Florida State," says the SEC admin, openly laughing off rumors about UNC, NC State and even Duke leaving for another conference. "They are still in position to own nearly the entire eastern seaboard, they have a big media deal, and they have a power player running the show."

Now they need to start winning games."

When are people going to stop listening to this Dude moron?! This guy is a complete joker. He's not happy unless the ACC fans are in a tizzy. I would really love it if Swofford poached Texas from the Big 12 and spit on WVA.

Anyone live in Texas?

Supposedly, according to a few on twitter, ESPN Austin is reporting that FSU to the B12 is imminent.

Is ESPN Austin local cowboys spinning stuff?

In Dallas, not seeing/hearing it either.. Yet!

You / they may be confusing this with the reports of Texas to the ACC and Okie to B1G.

Forget twitter. I'm asking if anyone in Texas has heard this on ESPN Austin. Guess not.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Thw WVU board and the dude are going to be must see TV when the PAC expands to 16 and takes whoever they want from the B12.

From a recent ESPN article

"ACC
Wait, what? Isn't this the fifth-wheel league? Didn't it just have a charter member walk away? Doesn't it have a couple of other schools itching to bail? Isn't it really bad at football?

"People who say those things are either very short-sighted or underestimate [ACC commissioner] John Swofford," says an administrator from an SEC school. "Or both."

The truth is that, while there were some hurt feelings over Maryland's sudden move, there weren't a lot of tears shed in Greensboro. Maryland hasn't been the happiest member of the conference, often the leaders of the "Tobacco Road has too much control" sentiment.
But there is something to be said for the conference's ability to add Louisville so quickly after losing Maryland. In reality, the Cardinals are an upgrade over the Terps. Louisville is a school with hoops history, recent football success and solid financial footing.
To the people in Connecticut, who are up in arms over not being invited before Louisville, those in the know say hang on; your invite is coming soon. The most common reason given for Louisville jumping ahead in line is the academic issue that looms over UConn hoops. Once that draws nearer to a resolution, then Storrs is widely regarded as the next logical piece to the ACC puzzle -- even if it runs off Boston College.

"The ACC is still in good shape, even if they lose a Florida State," says the SEC admin, openly laughing off rumors about UNC, NC State and even Duke leaving for another conference. "They are still in position to own nearly the entire eastern seaboard, they have a big media deal, and they have a power player running the show."

Now they need to start winning games."
2 things:

1. What does that even mean? That if the ACC invites UConn, BC is going to take their ball and go home? Who would even notice?
  2. Doesn't ESPN read the Boneyard? Dudes are just waiting on the ink to dry on their B1G invite (after having turned down the ACC twice).

Rant sports is the worst source. Want to start a rumor with no credibility put it on Rant.

Thw WVU board and the dude are going to be must see TV when the PAC expands to 16 and takes whoever they want from the B12.

I'll probably lose three days of productivity just reading the ensuing hilarity.

WVU isn't making any friends spreading rumors. Not a good move pissing people off IMO. Sure hasn't helped UConn.

Found this stating there's rumors floating around Tampa. I have no idea if this source is good or not. I've never posted a link so I apologize in advance if I've messed up.

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-foot...ll-rumors-florida-state-headed-to-the-big-12/

I mean how can you argue with like this...

Once I heard this rumor I started putting out some feelers to see if I could get any level of confirmation. At this point I am getting a lot of no comments, which to me is promising, because if there was nothing to it, I’d get a no.

I mean how can you argue with like this...

Once I heard this rumor I started putting out some feelers to see if I could get any level of confirmation. At this point I am getting a lot of no comments, which to me is promising, because if there was nothing to it, I’d get a no.

LOL - I'd love to see how he would spin a "no."

I see the the Dude sending this guy a message "I am connected to people at WVU FSU is going to the Big 12"
Curt - "Really, awesome I'll put it on my page. You sure about this"
Dude - "Yep"