FYI on Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

FYI on Kentucky

Francis03

All American
As it stands right now, it's looking like Anthony Bennett may be their best shot at the main 3 that they want. You have the consensus over here about Noel, and I expect Muhammad to land at UCLA, unless his camp fears that the NCAA will come down hard on him with eligibility issues due to the Adidas connection. That leaves Bennett and truth be told his academics have been a mess for quite some time. Which is why he just started to take his recruitment seriously. I just read that they have been making calls to Amile Jefferson as of late and even that appears to be a longshot for them. I'll be surprised if Jefferson doesn't end up at either Duke or NC St.

But hey Cal has been able to work his magic late in recruitments over the past few years so we'll see what happens.

As it stands right now, it's looking like Anthony Bennett may be their best shot at the main 3 that they want. You have the consensus over here about Noel, and I expect Muhammad to land at UCLA, unless his camp fears that the NCAA will come down hard on him with eligibility issues due to the Adidas connection. That leaves Bennett and truth be told his academics have been a mess for quite some time. Which is why he just started to take his recruitment seriously. I just read that they have been making calls to Amile Jefferson as of late and even that appears to be a longshot for them. I'll be surprised if Jefferson doesn't end up at either Duke or NC St.

But hey Cal has been able to work his magic late in recruitments over the past few years so we'll see what happens.

Thanks Francis, always enjoy your updates. I would love to see this scenario play out for no other reason than to see all the media eat crow for their lousy sources.

I'll be surprised if Jefferson doesn't end up at either Duke or NC St.
I saw that Elite 24 special on Jefferson and was impressed. Never heard him speak before, the kid is very well-spoken and an excellent student. Best way to describe him is a ten year old video game geek trapped in a D-1 basketball body.

Thanks Francis, always enjoy your updates. I would love to see this scenario play out for no other reason than to see all the media eat crow for their lousy sources.

Recruiting 17 year olds is like trying to wrangle cats with oven mitts on your hands. No one eats crow over recruiting predictions...

Man that would be shocking that after finally winning a Title he couldn't land a top class for the next season, that would be just unbelievable.

Wow. NC St. might have the #1 class if they get Jefferson. He's a kid I would like to have seen in Orange, but I trust the decision to take Grant instead.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Francis where do you see devonta pollard going? I know uk gtown were on him heavy recently

Man that would be shocking that after finally winning a Title he couldn't land a top class for the next season, that would be just unbelievable.

They have SG Archie Goodwin, SF Alex Proythess and probably PF Anthony Bennett who are easily in the top 5 at their positions. They also have Willie Cauley at Center coming in who is in the top 7 or 8 and they have a transfer point guard, Ryan Harrow, from NC State who is supposed to be pretty good becoming eligible this year.

Even without Bennett and Noel that is 2 McDonald's all-americans a top 8 ranked point guard and center coming in. They may not be quite as talented or deep but they have an extremely strong group coming in.

Wow. NC St. might have the #1 class if they get Jefferson. He's a kid I would like to have seen in Orange, but I trust the decision to take Grant instead.

Capt T, let me ask you something. Would you prefer to have the try hard, high motor, less athletic player(Jefferson)? Or do you prefer the longer, more athletic prospect, but not quite the same motor all the time(Grant)?

Personally, I love effort. I love high energy guys. Hopefully wearing orange will motivate grant to leaving it all out there.

Francis where do you see devonta pollard going? I know uk gtown were on him heavy recently
No clue on Pollard to be honest. Texas and G-Town seems to be putting in the most work. I wouldn't be shock if UK comes back creeping in as well.

Francis, your contributions to this board are fantastic and are one of the reasons I dropped my membership to Scout. Without revealing specific "names", where do you get your information on these recruits?

Francis, your contributions to this board are fantastic and are one of the reasons I dropped my membership to Scout. Without revealing specific "names", where do you get your information on these recruits?

This is what Francis told me...
51T0DnfCflL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bennett reminds me a lot of Andrew Bynum.

I saw that Elite 24 special on Jefferson and was impressed. Never heard him speak before, the kid is very well-spoken and an excellent student. Best way to describe him is a ten year old video game geek trapped in a D-1 basketball body.

He attends a very solid academic school. Same school that gave us Hak. I would have loved to have had us go hard after this kid, but it wasn't in the cards for whatever reason. His recruitment has been sort of puzzling to me (must admit I don't pay that close of attention to it). I think he was a big Nova lean at one point, then I think he reopened things and although Nova is still in his group of finalists they seem to be treated as though they are there as a favor to the home town team.

DC2 and The "Grant" Man

and the news Francis gave us last night the good news on King Noel

would still love have Mr.Jefferson can never have to much talent

they will definitely get a team together, but I would love nothing more than to watch Cal have to scramble if Shabazz, Noel, Bennett all go else where

Bennett reminds me a lot of Andrew Bynum.
Bynum is over 7 feet whereas Bennett is 6'7 with the skills of a center, I would be shocked if hes not at least a 3 year player in college.

Bynum is over 7 feet whereas Bennett is 6'7 with the skills of a center, I would be shocked if hes not at least a 3 year player in college.
They're built pretty similarly, too, though you're right about the height discrepancy. Both have long arms, a similar demeanor on the court, and similar in their body types at this stage of their development, though Bennett seems thicker. But, you're right, Bennett definitely has much to work on

Capt T, let me ask you something. Would you prefer to have the try hard, high motor, less athletic player(Jefferson)? Or do you prefer the longer, more athletic prospect, but not quite the same motor all the time(Grant)?
I like the motor. Heart, hustle and work can overcome a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom