Class of 2020 - G Cheyenne McEvans (MI) in the portal | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Cheyenne McEvans (MI) in the portal

Cheyenne retweeted this tweet.
She sounds like a really nice player. Also impressive she was valedictorian of her class in HS.

We seem to be accumulating lots of guards. Not much else. Hope this doesn’t mean we are out of it for Fair.

She sounds like a really nice player. Also impressive she was valedictorian of her class in HS.

We seem to be accumulating lots of guards. Not much else. Hope this doesn’t mean we are out of it for Fair.

I thought the other two players that transferred from Buffalo were forwards. Agree we need more post players.

I agree, it could be they are going to press all game along with fast break coupled with 3 pt shots! In that case, great rebounding guards and very quick post players makes sense.

I agree, it could be they are going to press all game along with fast break coupled with 3 pt shots! In that case, great rebounding guards and very quick post players makes sense.
That means unlike this year you need at least 11 players who can play. This year only having 6 capable players, at the end they wore down.

FLJ is very defensive coach and her guards did press alot. If McEvans does come, she will be another young player with more than 1 yr available and bring some stability as we rebuild. We have a need at point guard as Wilson would be our only 1 and she had limited playing time.

FLJ is very defensive coach and her guards did press alot. If McEvans does come, she will be another young player with more than 1 yr available and bring some stability as we rebuild. We have a need at point guard as Wilson would be our only 1 and she had limited playing time.
Hyman may not be a point guard, but the ball ended up in her hands a lot even with Carr and Murphy.

Hyman may not be a point guard, but the ball ended up in her hands a lot even with Carr and Murphy.
True, as she has the skill set to create her own shot and score but you don't want to give her the added pressure of breaking presses. She will be the one targeted with best defenders after the season she had last year.

She put up some solid stats her freshman year but only played 12 games this past season. Not sure why. Looks like she has some solid potential though.

Welcome Cheyenne to…

584915F5-B071-4610-A178-8C63141A798E.gif

Wow, you posted Friday morning about the need for front line players. And by Friday evening, we got commits from a center and a forward (per OX post at 5:53 PM). Looking forward to your posts on the mens side!

Sounds a little like Teisha Hyman….
Getting depth, will enable them to play length of the floor. From what I heard was the way Sue had her players play at Westhill.
It worked this past year until the 6 people rotation wore down.
If KLJ can have 11 or more people who fit playing fast, they should be able to play with most anyone.

Wow, you posted Friday morning about the need for front line players. And by Friday evening, we got commits from a center and a forward (per OX post at 5:53 PM). Looking forward to your posts on the mens side!
Okay, I am on it!

I think we need a power forward who can score and rebound and fill in at center some, and a small forward who can slash to the basket and shoot well from the 3 point circle. Preferably a senior to be who has a lot of experience and is ready to play from day one.

It would be best to get these guys by the end of the week.

Last edited:
Getting depth, will enable them to play length of the floor. From what I heard was the way Sue had her players play at Westhill.
It worked this past year until the 6 people rotation wore down.
If KLJ can have 11 or more people who fit playing fast, they should be able to play with most anyone.
It would be fun to watch the women's team press all game long, play 11 or 12 players, substituting continually and wear other teams down. Q and company had this going for a bit but I don't think he had the defensive chops and players to make it happen.

Once Sykes graduated, the press fizzled and was no longer effective.

It would be fun to watch the women's team press all game long, play 11 or 12 players, substituting continually and wear other teams down. Q and company had this going for a bit but I don't think he had the defensive chops and players to make it happen.

Once Sykes graduated, the press fizzled and was no longer effective.
And playing 11 or 12 players would keep players happy, healthy, and make Syracuse a destination school, for Transfers.
Plus playing 11 or 12 players shows the players have the ability to adapt to multiple situations.
That's good for their future if they plan to play beyond college.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom