Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

It’s been a while since I’ve kept up on this stuff, but there was two tourneys. The public school state tourney final four that west genny is playing in tomorrow and the State catholic FF the following weekend which schools like Archbishop Molloy, cardinal Hayes , Christ, the king, Long Island, Lutheran etc would play in

Last edited:
It’s been a while since I’ve kept up on this stuff, but there was two tourneys. The public school state tourney final four that west genny is playing in tomorrow and the State catholic FF the following weekend which schools like Archbishop Molloy, cardinal Hayes , Christ, the king, Long Island, Lutheran etc would play in
I thought they were doing away with the Federation tournament, or is that next year?

Yes, the federation tournament was canceled for this season and beyond.
Oh wow, that is understandable, considering how high school basketball has changed. But, that used to be the best. I went to a small class D school, but we were in the state playoffs often. Before Class D was excluded from the Federation tournament, my high school actually won the Class D Federation. Our whole village was electrified.

Oh wow, that is understandable, considering how high school basketball has changed. But, that used to be the best. I went to a small class D school, but we were in the state playoffs often. Before Class D was excluded from the Federation tournament, my high school actually won the Class D Federation. Our whole village was electrified.
Wow, that's awesome my friend, very cool!!! Yeah, the climate has definitely changed. I was bummed when the federation tourney got canceled...here's the release from last September on it if you wanted to take a look: New York State Federation Announces Basketball Tournament of Champions Cancelled - New York State Federation

I thought they were doing away with the Federation tournament, or is that next year?

beats me. I said I hadn't followed this stuff in a while. Doesn't seem like anyone is up to date on what NYS does for State Champions anymore.

Anyhow, good luck to West Genesee and Glens Falls.