Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

FpWfkA6X0AENPWl
So this Joshua Pascarellie kid was the MVP over these kids / class ranking. I know he was a senior but seems odd.

Ian Jackson #2 in 2024
Boogie Fland #12 in 2024
Elijah Moore #74 in 2024

So this Joshua Pascarellie kid was the MVP over these kids / class ranking. I know he was a senior but seems odd.

Ian Jackson #2 in 2024
Boogie Fland #12 in 2024
Elijah Moore #74 in 2024
Some of these awards are set up so only seniors are considered….

OK. So gotta keep Griff on board?
Shouldn’t be keeping staff based on players who still have well over a year to change their mind. Same argument with sellers on the football side, if they were top 5 kids? I see it, but not a fringe top 75 guy

Quotes from his Dad: “That wasn’t the reason Eli picked Syracuse"; “There were schools that had bigger (NIL) plans"; "It had nothing to do with NIL. We weren’t worried about NIL."

What are the chances this was planted to make sure the NCAA doesn't sniff around?

Sounds like other schools have bigger NIL deals, but Adam's NIL deals are more in the spotlight.

Quotes from his Dad: “That wasn’t the reason Eli picked Syracuse"; “There were schools that had bigger (NIL) plans"; "It had nothing to do with NIL. We weren’t worried about NIL."

What are the chances this was planted to make sure the NCAA doesn't sniff around?

Sounds like other schools have bigger NIL deals, but Adam's NIL deals are more in the spotlight.

Adam's deals are more in the spotlight where? I've never seen one mention of Weitsman outside of syracuse.com. The NY Post and Philly rag I think mentioned one of his player hosts (Jalen Hurts maybe) but other than that I don't think there is a newspaper or publication that even knows what NIL is let alone who Adam Weitsman is.

Adam's deals are more in the spotlight where? I've never seen one mention of Weitsman outside of syracuse.com. The NY Post and Philly rag I think mentioned one of his player hosts (Jalen Hurts maybe) but other than that I don't think there is a newspaper or publication that even knows what NIL is let alone who Adam Weitsman is.
ehhh...He sits courtside at Knick games with Bill Ackman, meets with politicians, and is courtside at Laker games. I've seen articles on him everywhere from Forbes to Barstool.

ehhh...He sits courtside at Knick games with Bill Ackman, meets with politicians, and is courtside at Laker games. I've seen articles on him everywhere from Forbes to Barstool.

fine. do they talk about NIL ?

I know weitsman is a big fish in our small pond and he likes the spotlight. I also know a billionaire kentucky booster who has courtside seats and luxury boxes. weitsman isn't a rarity. nobody is reporting on his nil deals.

Most NIL offer numbers aren’t public information.

The fact that Adam’s NIL offers are on internet articles and can be easily Google’d makes it in the spotlight.

Weitsman's NIL dealings are very public. He doesn't disclose numbers or contract terms, but it's plenty out there. Some other boosters sign NIL deals without anyone even knowing there's a NIL deal.

Also, I just punched in Weitsman NIL Syracuse into a google advanced search, and there's tons of articles about it outside of Syracuse, NY. He's in the spotlight.

Weitsman's NIL dealings are very public. He doesn't disclose numbers or contract terms, but it's plenty out there. Some other boosters sign NIL deals without anyone even knowing there's a NIL deal.
The NIL deals being public can be a double edge sword in recruiting. It can help benefit our recruiting because kids know Syracuse has NIL. But it can also hurt as other schools can match or exceed our NIL offers immediately.

The fact that Elijah Moore had higher NIL offers proves that.

The NIL deals being public can be a double edge sword in recruiting. It can help benefit our recruiting because kids know Syracuse has NIL. But it can also hurt as other schools can match or exceed our NIL offers immediately.

The fact that Elijah Moore had higher NIL offers proves that.
Agreed. Ultimately, as long as we don't attract the corrupt NCAA, I think it's better that recruits know they can get paid well at Syracuse. I imagine other programs are being quiet while the NCAA decides how to react.

They're not. They're not anymore public than any other school. You could run your google searches on any school. Starting with Florida. Syracuse and Weitsman are a spec. Googling them is hardly news. Mostly Syracuse content and no name websites because of the dumb stuff Boeheim said and then when AW mentioned that whole dumb 1 million dollar thing to a 5 star football player. Dumb comments make the news. But nothing he's doing is front page news worthy. Offering fringe top 100 kids money doesn't move the needle. Top10 kids might but we don't have to worry about that.

Looks like both the barstool and the Forbes articles were from 2020. He had another barstool article but it appeared to be a partnership piece and he was briefly quoted in a piece about a restaurant for Forbes. I don’t think he’s much more than an occasional oddity for national news. That’s not bad, but he’s probably not a “celebrity” in the traditional sense out side of Cuse

Last edited:

“Coach Boeheim is a great coach, a legendary coach, and obviously I wanted to be coached by him for a year,” Moore said. “But during my recruitment they explained he might retire before I could get there. They explained that Coach Autry would be taking over and it’d be the same staff. I took that into consideration and they still did a great job recruiting me. I’m OK with it.”

“Coach Boeheim is a great coach, a legendary coach, and obviously I wanted to be coached by him for a year,” Moore said. “But during my recruitment they explained he might retire before I could get there. They explained that Coach Autry would be taking over and it’d be the same staff. I took that into consideration and they still did a great job recruiting me. I’m OK with it.”
Ooh, very interesting.

This kid can keep a secret.