Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

Ooh, very interesting.

This kid can keep a secret.
And it would seem Gerry is staying as well. Which to me would mean his promotion and no Hop like some have hoped for.

And it would seem Gerry is staying as well. Which to me would mean his promotion and no Hop like some have hoped for.

From the rest of the article:

"Moore said that he expects Syracuse to play a mix of man-to-man and zone defenses moving forward under Autry and that he expects much of the Syracuse staff to remain in place."

Griff stays, GMac might leave if offered the right HC opportunity.

Well, we all know what snitches get. ;)

Yeah... immunity!

maxresdefault.jpg

From the limited I watched in the game Moore did not look to be in the realm of Fland or Jackson. Definitely brought the ball up more than I anticipated. Made a nice play on the baseline to get himself a jumper.

Again, was only watching briefly during the SEC championship.

From the limited I watched in the game Moore did not look to be in the realm of Fland or Jackson. Definitely brought the ball up more than I anticipated. Made a nice play on the baseline to get himself a jumper.

Again, was only watching briefly during the SEC championship.
Do not agree though watching on TV limits the ability to really see what is going on. He made All Tournament Team, hit a couple of really tough threes late in the game. I don't know the box but I'm thinking 14 or so points despite being tightly shadowed. And, in my non expert opinion the point guard who was quick and athletic did not do Moore (or Jackson) any favors as Moore was setting up a lot on the deep left of the court and the PG only played on the right side of the court and took a lot of the available shots. FWIW

Moore really did not stand out to me. I watched the entire game and was surprised he ended the game with 18 points as it was a quiet 18. One thing is he doesn't force the action but that could be viewed as not aggressive enough or playing under control - which one? this can only be determined by watching him play multiple games. His position in the game appeared to be shooting guard but he is more of a combo guard and Jackson was the main go to guy on the team. I do tend to like guys who deceptively rack up points quietly. I wish that he tried to put the ball on the floor more and get to the basket instead of settling for long 2s and 3s. Fland by far was the best and most talented player on the floor. He reminds me a lot of Judah with his swagger and ability to get to the basket. He knocked down his threes effortlessly, has good form and is ahead of Judah already in that one aspect of his game.

Moore really did not stand out to me. I watched the entire game and was surprised he ended the game with 18 points as it was a quiet 18. One thing is he doesn't force the action but that could be viewed as not aggressive enough or playing under control - which one? this can only be determined by watching him play multiple games. His position in the game appeared to be shooting guard but he is more of a combo guard and Jackson was the main go to guy on the team. I do tend to like guys who deceptively rack up points quietly. I wish that he tried to put the ball on the floor more and get to the basket instead of settling for long 2s and 3s. Fland by far was the best and most talented player on the floor. He reminds me a lot of Judah with his swagger and ability to get to the basket. He knocked down his threes effortlessly, has good form and is ahead of Judah already in that one aspect of his game.
Boogie is a great player, but just for reference the last time these two teams played Cardinal Hayes won and Boogie went 7-24.

Watched the entire game as well. Moore seems to be a very good shooter from deep, smooth doesn't force it, makes the correct pass quickly when the double comes, when they try and run him off the line. Played within the offense and looked comfortable with a fairly dominant on the ball guy in Jackson. I know we always need reminders of guys who get to the hill and don't shoot it from deep as good as they did in hs, Judah shot 38% from 3 in Peach Jam fwiw.

Watched the entire game as well...my takeaway is that Moore is a really nice player and has a deadly shot. Doesn't force the game but I agree with the others that he didn't really stick out. I think his biggest areas he'll need to work on for us to have success will be rebounding and creating for himself off the dribble.

Watched the entire game as well...my takeaway is that Moore is a really nice player and has a deadly shot. Doesn't force the game but I agree with the others that he didn't really stick out. I think his biggest areas he'll need to work on for us to have success will be rebounding and creating for himself off the dribble.
Those are all easy things to work on.

Moore highlights mixed in. A couple of good plays in a row at the 2:54 mark.
Nice shooter.
Some loose handle and laissez-faire D, though. Hope he doesn’t find himself Autryed.