Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

Boogie is a great player, but just for reference the last time these two teams played Cardinal Hayes won and Boogie went 7-24.
100% agree and in that game, Moore looked and played like the best player on the court! Bogie forced lots of fade away 3’s IMO that game but he did look like he had some special talent.

So, it seems that Weitsman may have terminated his NIL contract with Moore. Weitsman said he believes Chancellor Syverud doesn't want him participating in NIL. Does anyone know if one of our new mysterious boosters made a deal with him?
Curious where you saw this, genuinely curious. No Bueno!

So, it seems that Weitsman may have terminated his NIL contract with Moore. Weitsman said he believes Chancellor Syverud doesn't want him participating in NIL. Does anyone know if one of our new mysterious boosters made a deal with him?

Weitsman said he was honoring his contract with Dyaisha Fair because it was a pre-existing deal.

Wetisman has a pre-existing deal with Moore, correct?

Weitsman said he was honoring his contract with Dyaisha Fair because it was a pre-existing deal.

I thought so, but he only spoke on Fair so far

I thought so, but he only spoke on Fair so far
Right, he mentioned that he's honoring his deal with Fair and didn't say anything about Moore. Also Fair is there now and the impact is immediate, while Moore won't be there for another year and a half and could pivot, so I could see him backing off Moore.

Have you seen anything specific to Moore or is this conjecture based on Weitsman saying he is backing off of NIL. I believe he still has multi year agreements with several current men's players that he will be honoring. Assuming reports are true and he signed Moore to a deal, I would expect that to be honored as well.

Have you seen anything specific to Moore or is this conjecture based on Weitsman saying he is backing off of NIL. I believe he still has multi year agreements with several current men's players that he will be honoring. Assuming reports are true and he signed Moore to a deal, I would expect that to be honored as well.
Conjecture. He only mentioned the Fair deal, so I'm not sure if he terminated future deals.

I was kind of wondering out loud if this meant Moores deal was terminated

This is just gross. I really hope the AD has already 'facilitated' a smooth transition from Weitsman to whomsoever is taking up the mantle. I thought Moore signed without caring 'much' about the amount of the deal, but was into the 'mentorship' aspectin conjunction with it. Now that's gone? That's sucky.

This whole thing is disgusting. Not just SU's role, the whole NIL thing. NCAA could have just avoided all of this pay for play mishigas by just issuing centralized stipends years ago. Unless i'm wrong. As Chuck says: I may be mistaken... but i don't think so.

Remember, this is SU basketball.. we'll surely lose Moore because that's how it goes for us lately.
Yeah, that has been my thinking over the past decade, too.
I have a feeling, to make things worse, we won't know whether we've lost Moore until much later, because he'll also be interested in waiting to see what happens with Starling—whether JJ will be with us just one year or more. And/or who else we might pull from the portal. So, his 'commitment' is kinda nebulous. I guess they all are, actually. The new reality: "commitment" is a word the way Ryan Howard would use it. "I'll be there. Probably. Maybe. Unless something else comes up, but probably. But, don't—just pencil it in. Yeah, i might stop by."

This is just gross. I really hope the AD has already 'facilitated' a smooth transition from Weitsman to whomsoever is taking up the mantle. I thought Moore signed without caring 'much' about the amount of the deal, but was into the 'mentorship' aspectin conjunction with it. Now that's gone? That's sucky.

This whole thing is disgusting. Not just SU's role, the whole NIL thing. NCAA could have just avoided all of this pay for play mishigas by just issuing centralized stipends years ago. Unless i'm wrong. As Chuck says: I may be mistaken... but i don't think so.
Seems a little messed up AW is pulling the kids deal. Issues with cuse aside, the kid thought he had an agreement with AW

Do we know that he pulled his deal?
"Weitsman told me via phone on Tuesday morning that he will no longer be doing NIL, whether with current Syracuse student-athletes or ‘Cuse recruits. He is honoring his two-year agreement with Dyaisha Fair, an Orange women’s basketball player." - Cusealldays tweet

I mean, pulling an offer to an 18 year old kid you wined and dined says a lot about Adam…and it isn’t flattering.
Just disappointing really. I was coming around on him, heard some stories that painted him a better light versus what I have heard before. Too bad those don't align with this and other student athlete related actions.