Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

Great post. Here’s what I find interesting: A lot of the people who wanted JB fired - you know, because no one is bigger than the program - are the same people criticizing SU for cutting ties with AW…who acts like he’s bigger than the program.
I agree! It’s weird. I honestly am starting to think this might be an addition by subtraction situation ! AW is all about self promoting, SU didn’t want that. The coaches know what we can afford! I quite frankly think it was a great decision to not pay Jesse all the money! Hot take, but if he was asking for to much, then Good luck! I trust Red and staff! I also say for anyone who hasn’t listened, listen to Otto’s World on Patreon by Dean! He lays it out! I trust him and his sources with the situation. You all might have a different feeling about SU and staff after listening!

For everyone saying Elijah Moore didn't commit for the NIL money, go watch Jesse's interview and watch him not be open about the fact he's leaving because of NIL money. Or read JP Estrella's commitment articles where his family said they refused to talk about NIL during recruiting even though everyone knows he committed to Tenn because he got $400k per year or something like that.

Everyone says it's not about the money. Everyone's also a liar.

For everyone saying Elijah Moore didn't commit for the NIL money, go watch Jesse's interview and watch him not be open about the fact he's leaving because of NIL money. Or read JP Estrella's commitment articles where his family said they refused to talk about NIL during recruiting even though everyone knows he committed to Tenn because he got $400k per year or something like that.

Agreed. You will not see anyone saying they chose school an over school B because of the money. It would be silly for them to say that although we all know $$ plays a very big factor. If we want to keep Moore or add any other recruits we will need to pay (regardless if it Adam doing the paying or someone else)

Cuse

Here’s what I find interesting: A lot of the people who wanted JB fired - you know, because no one is bigger than the program - are the same people criticizing SU for cutting ties with AW…who acts like he’s bigger than the program.
Yeah, I see your point but I think for most, it was and is all about what helps the program most. The perception by the majority was that Boeheim was hurting the program more than he was helping it (and I'm just talking about his final few years of course). If last year Boeheim had led the program to another sweet 16 and recruiting was strong, very few would have complained and wanted him gone. It's all about winning.

Regarding Weitsman, it was perceived by most that he was helping the program more (with his cash) than hurting it. That perception has obviously changed recently.

Bottom line... people want to win first and foremost.

Also go out and read what other folks with connections are saying. It's interesting watching folks ignore new information to chase a pre conceived belief. Past few days have been eye opening around a few things.

Yeah, I see your point but I think for most, it was and is all about what helps the program most. The perception by the majority was that Boeheim was hurting the program more than he was helping it (and I'm just talking about his final few years of course). If last year Boeheim had led the program to another sweet 16 and recruiting was strong, very few would have complained and wanted him gone. It's all about winning.

Regarding Weitsman, it was perceived by most that he was helping the program more (with his cash) than hurting it. That perception has obviously changed recently.

Bottom line... people want to win first and foremost.
Then just say that.

Absolutely, Adam wasn't bigger than the program or really even a distraction or a side show. He was trying to attract talent with his money and trying to look cool with celebrity appearances. Apparently the Dean Wormer types (Animal House reference) thought differently.
He had courtside seats next to the bench and he paid celebrities to come along. That’s literally a side show.

Well it's already been covered on here and if you go out and read what others have shared that are close to the situation.
I'm sure what AW did with the airplane junket and his $NIL offered helped with the decision. He and his people can say anything but it would be naive to believe it was not a factor in the decision, IMHO. Now we don’t have AW to at least sway potential players to Cuse.

He had courtside seats next to the bench and he paid celebrities to come along. That’s literally a side show.
I guess when your not used to seeing celebrities

Great post. Here’s what I find interesting: A lot of the people who wanted JB fired - you know, because no one is bigger than the program - are the same people criticizing SU for cutting ties with AW…who acts like he’s bigger than the program.
All about results. Boeheim wasn’t winning anymore.

With NIL, there was hope that Weitsman would be able to play a big role in winning again.

I guess when your not used to seeing celebrities
I used to live in LA. You’re just wrong. If you’re an AW fan, great. There’s no need to pretend, though. Nobody was picking SU because Tom Brady went to a basketball game with AW. If AW wasn’t all about his “brand,” he would have been an anonymous donor.

Look, I never criticized him before this week. I appreciated what he was doing and was even grateful that he brought us a TBT title. Now he’s acting like a petty child and he deserves to get called out for it.

I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that this all fell apart post-JB.

All about results. Boeheim wasn’t winning anymore.

With NIL, there was hope that Weitsman would be able to play a big role in winning again.
Again…just say that. You’re basically conceding that the “nobody’s bigger than the program” critiques were pure BS.

I agree! It’s weird. I honestly am starting to think this might be an addition by subtraction situation ! AW is all about self promoting, SU didn’t want that. The coaches know what we can afford! I quite frankly think it was a great decision to not pay Jesse all the money! Hot take, but if he was asking for to much, then Good luck! I trust Red and staff! I also say for anyone who hasn’t listened, listen to Otto’s World on Patreon by Dean! He lays it out! I trust him and his sources with the situation. You all might have a different feeling about SU and staff after listening!
Here’s a question for the board; would you rather pay Jesse $700k or have an experienced starting point guard, small forward and center?

If Judah doesn’t return, I think we could have Posh Alexander/Jared Bynum for $150k, Chance Westry for $150 and Moussa Cisse for $400.

Last edited:
All this cash for some D1 athletes is flat out disgusting. At this rate I'd be in favor of completely eliminating college basketball and football. Make it simple. Go to college and get an education for free. Or go play pro ball.

All this cash for some D1 athletes is flat out disgusting. At this rate I'd be in favor of completely eliminating college basketball and football. Make it simple. Go to college and get an education for free. Or go play pro ball.
Agreed. I haven't slept in weeks.

I’m very appreciative of all the info you
have shared here but I have compassion for a young kid trying to follow his dreams with a verbal agreement from a multibillionaire who gave him his word. I know I’m off the cuff sometimes but a little bit of integrity is on the side of AW and I know he has it would be appreciated by the fan base he is a part
Of
Is he a part of the fan base anymore?

I used to live in LA. You’re just wrong. If you’re an AW fan, great. There’s no need to pretend, though. Nobody was picking SU because Tom Brady went to a basketball game with AW. If AW wasn’t all about his “brand,” he would have been an anonymous donor.

Look, I never criticized him before this week. I appreciated what he was doing and was even grateful that he brought us a TBT title. Now he’s acting like a petty child and he deserves to get called out for it.

I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that this all fell apart post-JB.
Not disagreeing with your opinion. For me, it's a sideshow when it has a negative affect on the team or performance. I didn't feel it had a negative affect and therefore don't consider it a sideshow.

Not disagreeing with your opinion. For me, it's a sideshow when it has a negative affect on the team or performance. I didn't feel it had a negative affect and therefore don't consider it a sideshow.
Well, if there’s anyone who can appreciate a disagreement over semantics, it’s me.