Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

E214DA0F-005A-4FF5-A268-D5B68A0B7F83.jpeg

Nice quick release. Great range. Good size for a 2G. No idea how he defends.

Yeah, he’s lightning quick on the shot.
Goes from catch to shoot or dribble to shoot in the blink of an eye.

Which means he’s always open, since he can shoot faster than a defender can react.

I liked the assist they showed too.
Nice to see he knew when a teammate had the easier play.

Kid is criminally underrated, looks like a pro to me. Really think he will be an immediate impact in year 1.

If anyone is interested, I found what appears to be a full game from this past week.

Elijah is #1 in red

Thanks for posting. Watched the whole game and charted Choppas numbers as best I could and had him for the following:

16 PTS
6/14 FG
4/8 3PT
2 STL
7 AST
5 REB
2 TO

Overall thought he looked pretty solid and was a much better passer than I expected. Shot the ball pretty well and seems to play under control. I think the biggest area for improvement is his handle as outside of straight line drives it seems a bit loose. Mixes it up a bit for rebounds as well which was nice to see.

Also noticed Griff was at the game watching

If this kid continues to play the rest of the summer like he did this last weekend, he’ll get a nice jump in the rankings. He’ll be a top 30 player. Add Freeman who is for sure a top 30 player and you have two guys to start off the class who are top 30 players and the absolute least, two players in the top 50. Been awhile since that’s happened and we aren’t done yet

If this kid continues to play the rest of the summer like he did this last weekend, he’ll get a nice jump in the rankings. He’ll be a top 30 player. Add Freeman who is for sure a top 30 player and you have two guys to start off the class who are top 30 players and the absolute least, two players in the top 50. Been awhile since that’s happened and we aren’t done yet
I mean… you could make an argument it hasn’t been that long. Not same deal, but a backcourt of JJ, Chance, Judah… that’s all top 55 guard rotation

Yeah, I've talked to a few national analysts/scouts in recent months who say Elijah should already be top 50. Vastly underrated, IMO. ESPN didn't even have him in its top 100.

Commenting on these recent highlights only, offensively I hope he is working on his ability to drive and finish at the hoop. Saw very little of that at all. But at least he can send it in with authority when having an open path to the bucket. So he's certainly has the athletic ability to be capable of taking it to the hoop. But his shooting ability looks lethal with that quick release. Really nice looking stroke.

And I love that he is all in on Syracuse regardless of the changes in NIL. Awesome to hear.

Definitely a SG and hope he works on beating his guy to the hoop. He doesn't look as quick as other guards, but has a good handle to get open jumpers. The J is wet and will get him minutes immediately. Hope the rest of the game matches it when he arrives. He's going to be an excellent scorer for us.

Getting a high end PG to play alongside him should be Red's goal. Could get him so many open shots.