Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

Choppa working out with Chewie...
Screenshot_20230506-024207_Instagram.jpg

It's the same S&C coach's gym that Elijah Hughes, Kiyan Anthony, Boogie Fland, and Ian Jackson have used. Some strong Cuse vibes there.

All his highlights look the same. Consistency is a good thing. The only thing new was the first play, where he barely catches a bad pass in bounds under the basket then casually dribbles out for a three and nails it. Moore has such a quiet game.

I'd like to see him dribble penetrate. All his layups seem to be out of transition. After watching ten highlights, I know the boy can shoot! I want to watch him get into the lane and either finish or dish. I wonder if those pull-up threes he does every highlight are because he's a threat that needs to be respected or if it's just bad scouting/defense.

Maybe next tournament's highlights.

I was able to watch one of the games that his HS team played against Boogie Fland. In that game he mostly floated on the perimeter, and I don’t remember them having a lot of action that involved him running off screens ala Gerry, Andy, Trevor, Joe. He is not a ball dominant guard, he seemed very much the willing passer and took his opportunities when available. He is a shooter on par with those mentioned above, and is athletic enough to be an excellent defender in our new scheme. Look out for him running to the corner on the fast break, because I’m optimistic he will get hot and light it up plenty of times in his career here! I don’t yet see the penetration skills that would make him that top 10 player in his class, but I’m sure he’s working on all of that. Great kid to have in the fold:). Hoping we can pair him up with Bethea in the ‘24 class as I think Moore would be an awesome sniper off the bench early in his college career.

I was able to watch one of the games that his HS team played against Boogie Fland. In that game he mostly floated on the perimeter, and I don’t remember them having a lot of action that involved him running off screens ala Gerry, Andy, Trevor, Joe. He is not a ball dominant guard, he seemed very much the willing passer and took his opportunities when available. He is a shooter on par with those mentioned above, and is athletic enough to be an excellent defender in our new scheme. Look out for him running to the corner on the fast break, because I’m optimistic he will get hot and light it up plenty of times in his career here! I don’t yet see the penetration skills that would make him that top 10 player in his class, but I’m sure he’s working on all of that. Great kid to have in the fold:). Hoping we can pair him up with Bethea in the ‘24 class as I think Moore would be an awesome sniper off the bench early in his college career.

He comes off a lot like Malachi to me but his shot looks even more pure. Richardson was good enough of an athlete to attack a closeout and beat his man when being closely guarded- I'll wager Moore will have that in his bag too.

He comes off a lot like Malachi to me but his shot looks even more pure. Richardson was good enough of an athlete to attack a closeout and beat his man when being closely guarded- I'll wager Moore will have that in his bag too.
I would love a Malachi clone. He was one of my favorites. Had a slick offensive game.

Coaches front row for Choppa...

He's really getting better with his dribble.
Personally, I'd like to see a little more follow through on his shot.
There's a lot of wrist flick, but not quite as much follow through as you'd like to see.