Marek Dolezaj | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

If we somehow land a guy like this and get a commitment from Duarte along with the 2 guys we currently have I think we will have come out with a very nice recruiting class. Next year will be a little painful especially if Battle leaves with Lydon but we could pick up a 5th year guy to run the point for a year and then recruit a pg in 2018. I'm not getting my hopes up on Ayala reclassifying to 2017. This is the type of class we need to build up depth and hopefully attract a top pg to come in and run a deep talented team in 2018. Getting 5 star recruits is nice but watching them leave after 1 year sure is painful.

If we somehow land a guy like this and get a commitment from Duarte along with the 2 guys we currently have I think we will have come out with a very nice recruiting class. Next year will be a little painful especially if Battle leaves with Lydon but we could pick up a 5th year guy to run the point for a year and then recruit a pg in 2018. I'm not getting my hopes up on Ayala reclassifying to 2017. This is the type of class we need to build up depth and hopefully attract a top pg to come in and run a deep talented team in 2018. Getting 5 star recruits is nice but watching them leave after 1 year sure is painful.
Short of us making the tournament and Battle having a Mali-like performance, he's not going anywhere

Box score link lists him at 6'8". Draft Express too.
Well if he squeezes his butt cheeks hard enough he might get that extra inch:noidea:

brothers.png

UK, Duke, Zona, and Kansas ...

Just kidding. Vandy, Florida, and Georgia Tech.
That's actually very funny this is somebody who needs a little bit more ball to his frame but he's a cross between Eric D Mike Hopkins and Andy Rautins

That's actually very funny this is somebody who needs a little bit more ball to his frame but he's a cross between Eric D Mike Hopkins and Andy Rautins

Andrei Kirilenko, given the frame / skills.

With our luck, he goes to Gonzaga and becomes The Great Slavic Hippie.

Ha. Nice. I REALLY like this Gonzaga team, btw. They are even more talented than last year's team, imo. I believe they have 2 McD dudes on their team as well.

According to Evan Daniels, SU is one of the schools showing interest in the Slovakian star who wants to play college ball in the states. He's 6'9 and says that schools are recruiting him to play SG and SF.

Is there any smoke here Francis? I like this kid, there is defiantly potential there and I think he would be a great addition to the class, just seems way to quiet

Is there any smoke here Francis? I like this kid, there is defiantly potential there and I think he would be a great addition to the class, just seems way to quiet
Nobody really knew about him until last week. So I think it's a situation similar to Yurtseven, where he'll most likely take a few visits in the spring and then decide after that. If SU gets a visit then then you know is about to get real.

It'd be nice but I'm not putting too much stock into it. He's listed as a 3/4 everywhere.
Agree. He is not a 2, not going to happen.

Looks like a terrific player defensively. Hustles his butt off and has good quickness, aggressiveness and toughness.

Looks like an excellent rebounder. Can dribble well for a tall guy and can pass it well too.

Good touch in the paint and finishes well. Don't think the bad 3 point shooting numbers are an aberration. His jumper is a set shot, with a slow release, delivered low, in front of his face. SU would probably try to rebuild that.

This is the kind of player I would expect Mike Hopkins to recruit. He is a bigger, more athletic version of himself.

Let's all be honest for a second. This is the type of kid that Pitino would take at Louisville and turn into a Syracuse killer. After watching him singlehandedly three Bomb us out of the building we'd all be saying "why can't we find players like this?!"

He sounds like a player. Has fundamentals, is not a head case, has height and shooting range. What's not to like? Sign him up! I never in a million years thought Mahmoud from Louisville would make our bigs look like fools, so I'm not counting any skinny foreign dudes out.

Let's all be honest for a second. This is the type of kid that Pitino would take at Louisville and turn into a Syracuse killer. After watching him singlehandedly three Bomb us out of the building we'd all be saying "why can't we find players like this?!"

He sounds like a player. Has fundamentals, is not a head case, has height and shooting range. What's not to like? Sign him up! I never in a million years thought Mahmoud from Louisville would make our bigs look like fools, so I'm not counting any skinny foreign dudes out.

Lot of truth bombs laid here

Interesting perspective. Hope he's a lot more athletic than Hop, who was a slightly more talented guard version of Waffles. I'd sign up for a more athletic Onganaet (sp?) in a flash, by the way.
Yeah, a player like Kong is always a welcome addition.

Interesting perspective. Hope he's a lot more athletic than Hop, who was a slightly more talented guard version of Waffles. I'd sign up for a more athletic Onganaet (sp?) in a flash, by the way.

Ongenaet was an athletic guy. I honestly believe that we tossed him the scholarship [since we don't pursue JUCOs very often] was just to bring him in as a practice guy b/c he was a good enough athlete and a hustler, and we had open spots. I don't think that they ever expected him to play. Then, first Rautins and then Devendorf tore their ACLs, and we suddenly needed to shift the lineup.

The only thing that gives me pause about this guy is that it was hard to gauge the level of competition from that film. That said, the raw materials with this prospect look good. Let's just say he's 6-8 legit. At that size, looks like he can shoot and put it on the floor a little bit.

I made this observation before, but he reminds me a lot of Andrei Kirilenko--very similar body type and versatility. Seems like a worthwhile gamble, even if he doesn't have that kind of upside. But with that skinny frame, I'm not sure how much it is reasonable to expect him to contribute heavily as a first year guy. That's why landing a kid like that Rice transfer would be such a boon. He'd be an experienced vet who could start and contribute at a high level offensively / as a shooter, allowing Dolezaj to be a backup, gain experience, not get tossed to the wolves too much year one, etc.

Great post. My question is: do we have the ability to take a skinny foreign dude and make him a Louisville killer? Fab is the only name that fit that description somewhat (and Bernie helped a lot with that).

I post that here because I thought we could use it.

As in you expect him to come to SU or know something?

Or just as a possible option to pursue with Lydon gone?

As in you expect him to come to SU or know something?

Or just as a possible option to pursue with Lydon gone?
He lists Syracuse as a possible destination.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom