Marek Dolezaj | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

He isn't Andrew White but he isn't horrible. Shot like 30% from 3. But at 6'9 and as athletic as he is, you wouldn't take him on this team?

Oh I would for sure. We need any player we can get at this point, but next year projects as our worst shooting team since Rak's senior year and you can't win without 3's anymore.

He isn't Andrew White but he isn't horrible. Shot like 30% from 3. But at 6'9 and as athletic as he is, you wouldn't take him on this team?
I'd take him in a heartbeat, he's the type of player that kills us. Better on our team than someone else's.

Funny saw Adrian Autry, GMac, Hop, and Katie Kosinski standing talking laughing for the longest time with this short we'll-dressed guy before the NIT game. Initially it was only a conversation with Adrian until all the staff (sans JB and Devo) joined in, talking, laughing with this guy. It seemed to be a reunion of best friends. The animated conversation had to have lasted at least 15 minutes . When the guy walked across the court I saw that it was Fran Fraschilla. My immediate thought was "wonder if we have a foreign player on our radar". ;)

I got a feeling this is a guy we could end up with and I think these our the type of guys that will help us.

So since the start of May there have been 9,100 posts about Tucker, 5,800 about Ayala, 14,789 posts about how our coaches don't care about having a good program anymore, 2,187 instances in which a poster has reiterated that Frank Howard had a horrible season and further that he has no remaining ability to play, and there have been 289 basketball players transferring from other DI schools.

However, we've had just this one post above about this dude. I'm no recruiting expert but I watch him play and really like the look of his game. i mean, I see why everyone loves tucker, but I don't think this guy would be a bad consolation prize at all.

So the questions are these -- is there still a good shot we could end up with this dude at least if Tucker goes elsewhere? Am I crazy for thinking he could be a really solid consolation prize? Could he potentially bring more to the table despite being a lesser shooter than JT?

Just thought some discussion would make sense considering I don't get the vibe that people know much about Dolezaj and since we may not land Tucker.

I would absolutely like to land this kid..of course I want Tucker too but can't always get everything you want..if we don't land Tucker then marek becomes that much more important to get. He definitely seems like he has tonss of potential and very athletic with a high motor. Haven't heard a whole lot about him or us recruiting him besides that little bit of press quite awhile ago. Anyone know any more of his recruitment or what the possibility is of us offering him?

We can't have an official Plan B. That goes against The Narrative™.
JB don't need no safety net. He can't operate like that.

Sounds like Vandy may be our main competition here.

JB should fly to Slovakia and skip the EYBL. We will show this guy we really care!

Cuse!
If he really cared he would show up with a basket of mini muffins.

Does he have any interest in us? Is he familiar with our program? I'm getting the impression he is a slam dunk option to JT but how is this so?

Today is 4/20. What kind of mini muffins are we talking about here?
How about this pitch? You have GMac call him with some bogus survey. You ask his name, height, favorite color, and then his favorite flavor munchkin. Then you show up at his house with a box of 25 munchkins. And he is thinking, "Oh great, there are probably 4 of the kind I like, and everyone will take the ones I like". But no, he opens it and it is all his favorite, top to bottom. And you tell him that they are all for him, he doesn't have to share, as you wrestle his siblings to the ground. And then you tell him that is how it is at Syracuse University.

Today is 4/20. What kind of mini muffins are we talking about here?

Well you see he took all the shake from two pounds of kind bud and cooked it with some butter before straining it and using the butter to make the muffins. This way you don't get any actual plant pieces in your baked goods. That is JB's preferred method learned directly from a certified flower child.

Sounds like Vandy may be our main competition here.
I have a relationship with one of the coaches at Vandy, I should text him tell him to step off our block!

Maybe the status of Andrew White being drafted may get his attention. It is a nice stage to make an impression and be known

How about this pitch? You have GMac call him with some bogus survey. You ask his name, height, favorite color, and then his favorite flavor munchkin. Then you show up at his house with a box of 25 munchkins. And he is thinking, "Oh great, there are probably 4 of the kind I like, and everyone will take the ones I like". But no, he opens it and it is all his favorite, top to bottom. And you tell him that they are all for him, he doesn't have to share, as you wrestle his siblings to the ground. And then you tell him that is how it is at Syracuse University.

Then the NCAA conducts a 9 year investigation and the program gets the death penalty.

Then the NCAA conducts a 9 year investigation and the program gets the death penalty.
Ok, so JB doesn't deliver the munchkins, perhaps Marek's "uncle" delivers them. Let's call him World Wide Vlad. JB visits, talks to the kid and the family and then leaves. An hour later, Uncle Vlad comes in with munchkins for everyone and a special box for Marek.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom