Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

That makes me very happy at least under the circumstances we have right now

If those 3 schools are our competition you have to like our chances of landing him. I think if we add him and tucker and some young guys surprise next year (brisset, sidbe and moyer) we will be better than expected. Alot of IFs in there though so hopefully we get some answers soon

pick-em-up.jpg

If those 3 schools are our competition you have to like our chances of landing him. I think if we add him and tucker and some young guys surprise next year (brisset, sidbe and moyer) we will be better than expected. Alot of IFs in there though so hopefully we get some answers soon

Wheee does he play here though? Is he tall enough to play some 3? Will he be willing to back up Battle? Can he play PG? I tend to think the answer to each of those is more no than yes. I'm can't see why he'd want to come here.

Does anyone know anything about him? I live in South Florida, however as a born and raised Cuse fan and an FGCU alum I never pay any attention at all to USF.

As it stands right now, I think he starts at the pt.

Looking at his game logs from last year, he had a 9 assist game and a couple with 8 and a couple with 7 so seems like there might be some PG potential.

As it stands right now, I think he starts at the pt.

Is he a pg or is he a sg that was forced to play pg when the pg quit?

Could always play Battle at the 3! We stink at rebounding as it is.

Wheee does he play here though? Is he tall enough to play some 3? Will he be willing to back up Battle? Can he play PG? I tend to think the answer to each of those is more no than yes. I'm can't see why he'd want to come here.

good points, def some valid concerns that will need to be addressed by the staff...i think he is gonna be more of a combo guard, will be backing up battle in addition to competing with FH for starter minutes, i think it will be similar to JG last year where we go with him or FH depending if FH has made improvements over the summer or if GT proves capable of playing the 1. Also 6'4, i think its a given hell be playing the top of the zone only. In my ideal world (which is ideal for cuse) FH improves so much he is the starter with GT coming off the bench in a 6th man role to provide scoring ala Dion in 2012 and Kjo/Scoop in 2010.

Oh, he was forced to play it. No question. Just like he would be here. In a perfect world, we would have a better pt guard than Howard for him to have to beat out. But as of right now, we don't. he gives us a better outside shooter and a much better free throw shooter at the end of games.

He won't be a great pt guard but looking at what we currently have, I would take Thorpe and run with it.

That's pretty much where I am at this point.

Doesn't mean much, but two of the services had him listed as a PG and another just as a G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom