Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Yeah.

If EA is solid, he kinda needs to, you know, be solid.
Yeah, solid is a crap word. Committed is the only word right now. If he is playing AAU, then he is shopping for better offers, that is anything but solid and definitely not committed. So, take Thorpe, and recruit like crazy for any of the guards in the 2018 class better than Ayala.

Yeah, solid is a crap word. Committed is the only word right now. If he is playing AAU, then he is shopping for better offers, that is anything but solid and definitely not committed. So, take Thorpe, and recruit like crazy for any of the guards in the 2018 class better than Ayala.

Ayala 2018 could still happen, right? Without knowing anything more that I've seen on this board about the relative abilities of Thorpe and Ayala, put me on team Sign Thorpe Now.

Time to get thorpe on campus and switch him to priority. Ayala's an answer next year if thorpe comes this year. I dont think landing ayala in 2017 helps much at all if we have thorpe as a choice. Ive seen nothing to lead me to believe that ayala's better now or close to junior frank howard. Prioritize ayala in 2018, thorpe in 2017.

Right, not to mention the shooting plus. It's a win bringing him in as another guard, regardless of exact position.
Something weird is going on. The board consensus is to bring him. We are taking our time locking him in.

So confused why we are waiting on EA...

008fbc2791637efe5af5e4f49b5738a8.jpg

That isn't right. we won 25 games the year after Hart, Blackwell and Brown left. That was an incredible job. I could site others. I won't waste my time.
and I remember when Flynn, Devo and Harris all left from the 2009 Sweet 16 team a lot of people were anticipating a down year, but instead we won 30 games and a #1 seed

and I remember when Flynn, Devo and Harris all left from the 2009 Sweet 16 team a lot of people were anticipating a down year, but instead we won 30 games and a #1 seed

Slightly inaccurate. That team was preseason Top 25. Most knew Wes was the best player in practice due to chatter from the year before and we returned a double digit scorer in Rautins. It wasn't until Lemoyne beat us that everyone thought we were doomed.

That being said I'm more confident we will be a solid team today than I was two weeks ago.

Slightly inaccurate. That team was preseason Top 25. Most knew Wes was the best player in practice due to chatter from the year before and we returned a double digit scorer in Rautins. It wasn't until Lemoyne beat us that everyone thought we were doomed.

That being said I'm more confident we will be a solid team today than I was two weeks ago.
Knowledgeable fans thought we'd be a top 25 team going into 2009-10 and JB seemed to echo that. But not many fans were envisioning a top 5 team and legit title contender for most of the season until after we beat UNC and won the preseason NIT. I'd say that's exceeding preseason expectations.

I see some talk of EA 2018, it reminds me of election bumper stickers. If EA shuns us this season, what is the likelihood he wont next season when he is likely to have more offers? I'm just tired of being let down when it comes to closing these kids, so I'm not putting much thought into EA getting closed in 18.

I trust the staff can see the mistakes theyve made on the misses, and have an idea what they're doing. If that coach was right, EA sounds ripe to be closed by someone persuasive enough. I can see your concerns about not waiting too long until the backup plan(who some feel is better than the primary target) is gone, but no sense losing sleep over it. I'm not sure if the board needs GNR's Patience, or the Beatles' Let It Be, but I have a feeling some are going to pull something from the armchair recruiting QBing. I recommend avoiding Tylenol or Advil, as both are hard on your organs and have other side effects. Apply some heat, or maybe drink the hard stuff, which should also calm some of you down.

I see some talk of EA 2018, it reminds me of election bumper stickers. If EA shuns us this season, what is the likelihood he wont next season when he is likely to have more offers? I'm just tired of being let down when it comes to closing these kids, so I'm not putting much thought into EA getting closed in 18.

I trust the staff can see the mistakes theyve made on the misses, and have an idea what they're doing. If that coach was right, EA sounds ripe to be closed by someone persuasive enough. I can see your concerns about not waiting too long until the backup plan(who some feel is better than the primary target) is gone, but no sense losing sleep over it. I'm not sure if the board needs GNR's Patience, or the Beatles' Let It Be, but I have a feeling some are going to pull something from the armchair recruiting QBing. I recommend avoiding Tylenol or Advil, as both are hard on your organs and have other side effects. Apply some heat, or maybe drink the hard stuff, which should also calm some of you down.
Ayala doesn't know when he's gonna, where he's gonna go , I hope he's more decisive with the ball

Amen

Looks like Thorpe will look good in Orange. Like others have said, it appears that the coaches might be waiting on Ayala. But good thing Thorpe doesn't seem to be in a hurry to choose Pitt. And I would hate for some other school to get involved. I guess Ayala doesn't understand the psyche of Syracusefan.
HSTV101TheWhiteShadow.jpg

Last edited:
This would be a huge way to end this roster. I think he fits in perfectly. Really hoping we can land him, because he can back up both guard positions.

PG: Howard (Washington)
SG: Battle (Thorpe)
SF: Brissett (Slovakia)
PF: Moyer (Sidibe)
C: Thompson (Chukwu)

I expect Battle to play about 38 mpg. Thompson will be next in line in terms of playing time, but this could likely be dictated by foul trouble. I only see a few minutes max for Chukwu assuming TT has shown any sort of defensive positioning improvement, and pretty much none for Washington if we get Thorpe.

This would be a huge way to end this roster. I think he fits in perfectly. Really hoping we can land him, because he can back up both guard positions.

PG: Howard (Washington)
SG: Battle (Thorpe)
SF: Brissett (Slovakia)
PF: Moyer (Sidibe)
C: Thompson (Chukwu)

I expect Battle to play about 38 mpg. Thompson will be next in line in terms of playing time, but this could likely be dictated by foul trouble. I only see a few minutes max for Chukwu assuming TT has shown any sort of defensive positioning improvement, and pretty much none for Washington if we get Thorpe.
Have we ever had a more inexperienced roster? Holy hell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom