Class of 2015 - G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 G Jamal Murray (ON) Verballed to Kentucky

brian williams

Scout Team
Jamal Murray of Canada was the MVP of the Jordan International game yesterday. 6'4" point guard looks like an excellent prospect. Zags article says he is looking to come to the States this year. He and Ennis have a relationship already. Hopefully Hop, Red and GMac check him out. Jamal Murray

For some reason the site won't let me include his last name - .
Had the same issue yesterday and just put Murrray with 3 r's lol this board is strange. Anyway I'm sure Red will be on him since he's connected with the CIA Bounce program. Plus we can count on Tyler to recruit for us as well ;)

Jamal of Canada was the MVP of the Jordan International game yesterday. 6'4" point guard looks like an excellent prospect. Zags article says he is looking to come to the States this year. He and Ennis have a relationship already. Hopefully Hop, Red and GMac check him out. Jamal
Hansel, so hot right now. Hansel.

To my hiphop peeps, when I saw the name Jamal, it brought back flashbacks to a song back in the mid 90's called "Jamal fades em all" which was one of my favs back in an era when everything coming out was hot in those times.
I think any time this kid has a big game, we should just say "Jamal fades them all in a victory" lol.

Jamal fades em all in action. From everything I have read and seen about him, he strikes me as a 2G version of Ennis. Not super quick and athletic but just finds ways to give his opponents the biz.

Also can someone explain to me what's this boards beef with the name M U R R A Y? For whatever reason it always gets edited out lol.

Jamal fades em all in action. From everything I have read and seen about him, he strikes me as a 2G version of Ennis. Not super quick and athletic but just finds ways to give his opponents the biz.

Also can someone explain to me what's this boards beef with the name M U R R A Y? For whatever reason it always gets edited out lol.
I can only think of one thing why that should happen to that name. I will say that that name is devoid of any real importance or threat to this board.:p

He is the site writer for Rival$. Just be glad the first name (Ryan) doesn't get edited out too!

He is the site writer for Rival$. Just be glad the first name (Ryan) doesn't get edited out too!
ohhh Weebayyyy.pngOhhhhhh I see. Thanks man.

Good find. really like his potential. combo sg guard with some decent handles videoclip was hiding his left handed dribbling abilities .Pulls up with nice form off the dribble even without a great look at the rim, fadeaway shows true shooters touch.

wants to play both pg and sg. Tall and not to skinny. Pretty athletic. Lots to like.

Good find. really like his potential. combo sg guard with some decent handles videoclip was hiding his left handed dribbling abilities .Pulls up with nice form off the dribble even without a great look at the rim, fadeaway shows true shooters touch.

wants to play both pg and sg. Tall and not to skinny. Pretty athletic. Lots to like.

He's got a pretty low release. That is my big concern.

Cool feature on Jamal and Justin Jackson at the Jordan Brand Classic. Includes interviews and game footage.

Cool vid and another good find A-Dub.teetrophy.jpgI saw Jackson as well tonight along with Murrray. Unfortunately it wasn't one of his best games and I didn't get to see his full potential. Due to Canada's lack of size, he mainly had to play center and that's definitely not where his future will be. Murrray reminds me so much of Ennis when it comes to the mannerisms and humble confidence. 2016 is early, but I really hope that we'll land him. Also it was cool to see Herman Harried(possibly Hops future assistant) coaching up Jamal and the International team.

Ennis and Murray both handle their business with limited flash.

Saw Ennis at the Derby City Classic in Louisville - impressed with his control and he doesn't waste any motion. Also came away impressed with his attacks to the basket (finishing wasn't quite there, but I attributed that to the shoulder issues he had during that time frame).

Jamal's overall stats from Canada's 3rd place finish in the U16 world's. 5 games-17.4ppg, 5.6rpg, 2.6apg, 41% 3pt 12-29 overall, 78% FT 15-19 overall.

Telep on JB's presence at Peach Jam for Murray and Gill-Ceasar.

Recruiting nuggets

• Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim was front and center for 2016 point guard Jamal Murray(Ontario, Canada/Grand River) and 2015 wing Montaque Gill-Ceasar (Ontario, Canada/Huntington Prep). They run with the same Canadian travel team that yielded incoming Syracuse point guard Tyler Ennis last year.

Is Jamal Murray the Next Tyler Ennis?

“If you call our program a pipeline, he’s that next kid at point guard who’s going to make some noise and has all the attributes that Tyler had in terms of running a team, his offense, he shoots it well,” McIntyre said.

“He’d be the next guy in line. If somebody were to like [Tyler], they’d like [Murray] as well.”

As far as his recruitment, it’s still early, but McIntyre said a few schools are in the mix.

“I would say that Syracuse has checked in about him,” he said. “Syracuse, Illinois and Michigan are the ones calling the most.”

I wonder if Tyler's success pushes him away from Cuse? Might want to start his own legacy.