Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

I was undecided to even post this because honestly it's annoying with folks sending passive aggressive digs in threads and I really understand why folks don't post insider info anymore...

But my good friend is who is EXTREMELY hooked up in the NYC hoop scene and a certain someone has played for his team...he told me that he doesn't think KR is going to be eligible. His grades are that bad and before the brewster thing, he was going to go juco to get everything straighten out. I argued with him about how Brewster doesn't mess around with grades and one thing JB doesn't f around here is grades too but he wouldn't just say this to say it...FWIW!!
I just texted him saying KR signed his NLI but yeah, I hope it isn't true and we're in the clear
Oh Christ on a cracker, if this is legit and we lose him to ineligibility like we did M Diagne, I’m gonna have a mental breakdown.

Again heresay but FWIW, the coaches are extremely happy he kind of fell in their lap, and they are pushing for him to sign early. It was mentioned more then once that they hope he doesnt BLOW up in rankings and he leaves the door open as just committed and could de-commit. I’M NOT SAYING IT’S GONNA HAPPEN but there is a fearful thought.

Also, they are a little unsure on JC’s future unfortunately (they are unsure he can be tbat lead guard we need, he hasnt progressed like they have hoped) and with a three headed monster of BG, JG3 and K, they are content on that. Now, JC is going to get every opportunity according to my source but yeah...
Ugh I feel bad for JC but even the coaches knew it

Again heresay but FWIW, the coaches are extremely happy he kind of fell in their lap, and they are pushing for him to sign early. It was mentioned more then once that they hope he doesnt BLOW up in rankings and he leaves the door open as just committed and could de-commit. I’M NOT SAYING IT’S GONNA HAPPEN but there is a fearful thought.

Also, they are a little unsure on JC’s future unfortunately (they are unsure he can be tbat lead guard we need, he hasnt progressed like they have hoped) and with a three headed monster of BG, JG3 and K, they are content on that. Now, JC is going to get every opportunity according to my source but yeah...

It looked to me that if the staff was happy with Jalen's play why give out another scholarship to a guard in the first place. It sure looked like the writing was on the wall.

It looked to me that if the staff was happy with Jalen's play why give out another scholarship to a guard in the first place. It sure looked like the writing was on the wall.
Also, the more video I watch of this kid...I don't think it matters who we have at point. If he wants to play here, you take him. Him being ranked outside of the top 100 is almost comical.

few of him in this one too. Hes definitely going to be in the spotlight all year with TC on his team. Definitely wont suprise me if he ends up a 5 star and a big bump in the rankings. Overtime/slam/bleacherreport/etc all have been following these guys around weekly doing videos. Tons of exposure. Glad hes signed.

Other than grades why was Jackson prioritized over this kid. Jackson is a one dimensional slasher with zero shooting skills vs Richmond who is a much better basketball player.

Other than grades why was Jackson prioritized over this kid. Jackson is a one dimensional slasher with zero shooting skills vs Richmond who is a much better basketball player.
Jackson grew up in upstate NY and played for City Rocks ... Kadary really burst on the scene over the summer. Some kids are just late bloomers. But I agree Kadary is a better fit overall; Andre may never learn to shoot and we’ve seen first hand how that limits an offense

Jackson grew up in upstate NY and played for City Rocks ... Kadary really burst on the scene over the summer. Some kids are just late bloomers. But I agree Kadary is a better fit overall; Andre may never learn to shoot and we’ve seen first hand how that limits an offense
Thank you. Jackson is a good leaper but as a 2 or 3 if he cant knock down shots he will be very easy to defend.
I can see Richmond playing 12 or 3 for us. Looks like a natural 2. I think he is going to end up being really good for us. Great job by the staff in landing him.

Thank you. Jackson is a good leaper but as a 2 or 3 if he cant knock down shots he will be very easy to defend.
I can see Richmond playing 12 or 3 for us. Looks like a natural 2. I think he is going to end up being really good for us. Great job by the staff in landing him.
Richmond at the 12 would be pretty innovative, I'll give you that.