Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Another compressed game from about a month ago.

That’s concerning. Two FG and wasn’t on the floor at crunch/rally time? In a high school game as a senior? Whassamatta with that picture? The kid has as much talent as the guy going to Kentucky and the one going to BC, but, to quote some ‘damned ferner’ in a YouTube comment, “where is the energy of that dood?”

That’s concerning. Two FG and wasn’t on the floor at crunch/rally time? In a high school game as a senior? Whassamatta with that picture? The kid has as much talent as the guy going to Kentucky and the one going to BC, but, to quote some ‘damned ferner’ in a YouTube comment, “where is the energy of that dood?”
It is the only game I've seen where he wasn't on the floor at crunch time. He could have tweaked something for all I know. He gets the second most minutes on the team...

People say I shouldn't be concerned by his lack of effort.

But to me, that's the first and only character flaw I'd need to see in recruiting a kid.

Can't teach poor effort. Don't care how talented you are.

Says a lot that the kid committed to us without even taking a visit. Also says a lot that he was one of the last Top 100 kids available when we got him and weren't even actively recruiting him until the last minute.

These are the days of Syracuse basketball. Hoping for the best and hope this kid gets a fire lit under his butt when he arrives on campus. But I've seen enough of these types of guys go to other schools (and go to Syracuse) to understand how it usually ends.

People say I shouldn't be concerned by his lack of effort.

But to me, that's the first and only character flaw I'd need to see in recruiting a kid.

Can't teach poor effort. Don't care how talented you are.

Says a lot that the kid committed to us without even taking a visit. Also says a lot that he was one of the last Top 100 kids available when we got him and weren't even actively recruiting him until the last minute.

These are the days of Syracuse basketball. Hoping for the best and hope this kid gets a fire lit under his butt when he arrives on campus. But I've seen enough of these types of guys go to other schools (and go to Syracuse) to understand how it usually ends.
He committed to us because he got burned with Uconn and feared he would keep losing out on offers. Got his next committable offer (us) and decided to go with it

I love when kids commit before taking a visit, it means they really want to be here and shows that Syracuse still carries the name brand.

If Rutgers swooped in with a late offer he's not taking that right away...
Or it screams desperation on the kid’s part...

He committed to us because he got burned with Uconn and feared he would keep losing out on offers. Got his next committable offer (us) and decided to go with it
This doesn’t sound right.

Andre Jackson committed to UConn, then we offered Kadary, and he committed quickly. My assumption is if we offered him last summer he would have committed. His coach also tweeted that he was proud of him because when they first talked about D1 schools he said Syracuse was his dream school. I also believe UConn was still recruiting him after Jackson committed. The only thing that changed was we offered him, which we hadn’t before.

You make it sound like once UConn got Jackson all other D1 schools started pulling their offers to Kadary

I love when kids commit before taking a visit, it means they really want to be here and shows that Syracuse still carries the name brand.

If Rutgers swooped in with a late offer he's not taking that right away...
Rutgers would probably beat SU right now. They have been very competitive the past two years after the coaching change.

Andre Jackson committed to UConn, then we offered Kadary, and he committed quickly. My assumption is if we offered him last summer he would have committed. His coach also tweeted that he was proud of him because when they first talked about D1 schools he said Syracuse was his dream school. I also believe UConn was still recruiting him after Jackson committed. The only thing that changed was we offered him, which we hadn’t before.

You make it sound like once UConn got Jackson all other D1 schools started pulling their offers to Kadary

This.

We were the perceived leader for Andre for like forever, and UConn was the leader for Kadary.
Once Andre flipped at the last minute to UConn, we jumped on Kadary, and he jumped on our offer.

Kadary is from Brooklyn.

Kadary can get to the bucket at will.

Melo has been very active in the city basketball seen, especially last year when he wasn't playing.

Micawber Etienne team won the tournament.

I believe this was posted before.

Watch how he goes to the rim.

He finishes with his left twice.

They started to double him on the catch.
(this is only done in the park when you getting embarrassed)

In this one he is playing Andre Jackson's team.

Jackson guarded him twice and got taken to the hole both times.

The first one from the left corner was goaltended by AJ no call

The second from the right wing was a bucket.

Rutgers would probably beat SU right now. They have been very competitive the past two years after the coaching change.
They might beat SU right now but when it comes to name brand and recruiting kids still value a Cuse offer over a Rutgers offer. No kid's dream school is RU.

Also, we have had a better record than them over the past 2 years and probably will end up with a better record than them this year too.

I believe this was posted before.

Watch how he goes to the rim.

He finishes with his left twice.
On the second one, he pushes the kid and clears space with his elbow up - that's OK in the park, but not in D1 college ball.

It’s not right. Dude has been on hater alert for a while now. Take what he says with some grain

On the second one, he pushes the kid and clears space with his elbow up - that's OK in the park, but not in D1 college ball.
On the jump shot? sure, but I'm talking about the move at the 3:42 mark

Kadary is from Brooklyn.

Kadary can get to the bucket at will.

Melo has been very active in the city basketball seen, especially last year when he wasn't playing.

Micawber Etienne team won the tournament.
“Jalen Carey is from Harlem.”
“Jalen Carey can get to the rim at will.”

: (

Sorry, man. I’m not mocking you. But we have heard those tunes before. Very recently.

I’m excited to see Kadary in orange, despite the tone of a couple of my recent messages. I said earlier that he reminds me of Joe Dumars, and that he has the skills to be a great player. But there is a mystery there, which is both intriguing and suspicious. I just like it when a HS recruit is THE alpha on his HA team, and is assertive about NEEDING to be a significant contributor in every game. That doesn’t have to be in the form of a high PPG average but you kinda want to see someone intent upon making a mark each time out.

“Jalen Carey is from Harlem.”
“Jalen Carey can get to the rim at will.”

: (

Sorry, man. I’m not mocking you. But we have heard those tunes before. Very recently.

I’m excited to see Kadary in orange, despite the tone of a couple of my recent messages. I said earlier that he reminds me of Joe Dumars, and that he has the skills to be a great player. But there is a mystery there, which is both intriguing and suspicious. I just like it when a HS recruit is THE alpha on his HA team, and is assertive about NEEDING to be a significant contributor in every game. That doesn’t have to be in the form of a high PPG average but you kinda want to see someone intent upon making a mark each time out.

LOL! Joe Dumars? No he is not that good. And he was the Alpha on his team "South Shore" his high school in Brooklyn. I believe they won the city championship twice

Carey's problem IS he wanted to be the "Alpha" on this team instead of running the offense.

Kadary can get to the rim AND run the offense

In this one he is playing Andre Jackson's team.

Jackson guarded him twice and got taken to the hole both times.

The first one from the left corner was goaltended by AJ no call

The second from the right wing was a bucket.

Man alive, he looks good in that vid.
What I love are his moves, shiftiness, and how he has an innate sense of how to get an advantage by getting his defender off balance. And he does it in traffic. Red and Griffin have to make this kid their special project.

LOL! Joe Dumars? No he is not that good. And he was the Alpha on his team "South Shore" his high school in Brooklyn. I believe they won the city championship twice

Carey's problem IS he wanted to be the "Alpha" on this team instead of running the offense.

Kadary can get to the rim AND run the offense
Not suggesting he’s an nba all star right now. Just that he has the same kinds of penetration/handling skills, and a sturdy frame.

An alpha can run an offense. It’s not about putting up the most shots. Just about feeling a need to dominate a game.

Not suggesting he’s an nba all star right now. Just that he has the same kinds of penetration/handling skills, and a sturdy frame.

An alpha can run an offense. It’s not about putting up the most shots. Just about feeling a need to dominate a game.
did you watch the game verse Woody's team?